It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

From MaGog's logs for 13 March:

NOTE! CHANGED Cognition: Game of the Year Edition, languages: Audio and text: English. Text only: German (Windows only), Italian ***TO*** Audio and text: English. Text only: German, Italian
JudasIscariot: One more article:...
Nice to see some German promo!

JudasIscariot: ..."Sometimes there is also a special case such as the dungeon crawler Waxworks by Accolade, today only exist on the 5-1 / 4-inch floppy disks." ...
Waxworks had a 3.5" floppy version as well and that's the version we offer here on GOG :)
Call me if you need a floppy drive, I've got several at home ;-P
Post edited March 14, 2015 by DeMignon
JudasIscariot: One more article:...
DeMignon: Nice to see some German promo!

JudasIscariot: ..."Sometimes there is also a special case such as the dungeon crawler Waxworks by Accolade, today only exist on the 5-1 / 4-inch floppy disks." ...
Waxworks had a 3.5" floppy version as well and that's the version we offer here on GOG :)
DeMignon: Call me if you need a floppy drive, I've got several at home ;-P
We've got the 3.5" floppy drive covered but thanks for the offer :)
JudasIscariot: We've got the 3.5" floppy drive covered but thanks for the offer :)
You sure? I hope it's an old one...

In recent years when trying to use a usb 3.5" external floppy drive, or newer 3.5 floppies, they wouldn't retain their data for even minutes and so became worthless for booting for floppy based linux distros...

Just saying, make sure it works...
Post edited March 14, 2015 by rtcvb32
WinterSnowfall: Kind breaking-the-law priest,

Be warned this is going to be severely off-topic, but before you go totally mad, do you think you could help us with some divination?

We are looking for some (all)mighty GOG gods to answer our prayers and question. Someone told me you might know where they live.
JudasIscariot: Forgive me if I refrain from commenting on technical matters as that is not my forte.
No worries. I know you're not exactly the right person to bother with this sort of stuff, but I'd appreciate it if you could at least mention it to the persons in charge of Linux tarball packaging (if and when you have the time), por favor. Muchas gracias.
From MaGog's logs for 14 March:

NOTE! CHANGED FILE Metrocide, downloadables, Windows installer, English (setup_metrocide_2.0.0.1.exe ***TO*** setup_metrocide_2.1.0.3.exe; Mon, 15 Dec 2014 09:38:17 GMT ***TO*** Fri, 13 Mar 2015 10:33:04 GMT; 108,533,000 ***TO*** 108,991,688)

NOTE! CHANGED FILE Metrocide, downloadables, Mac OS X installer, English (metrocide_2.1.0.5.dmg ***TO*** metrocide_2.2.0.6.dmg; Tue, 13 Jan 2015 13:13:47 GMT ***TO*** Fri, 13 Mar 2015 10:33:47 GMT; 101,077,244 ***TO*** 101,079,191)

NOTE! REMOVED FILE Metrocide, downloadables, Patch 1.0.2 (patch_metrocide_2.0.1.2.exe; Tue, 13 Jan 2015 13:09:50 GMT; 2,018,168)
Did we find out what's up with the Cognition covers getting borked and generic?
From MaGog's logs for 14 March:

NOTE! CHANGED Far Cry® 2: Fortune's Edition, age_req: ESRB Rating: Mature (with Blood, Drug Reference, Intense Violence, Sexual Themes, Strong Language). USK Rating: Not approved for young persons aged under 18. PEGI Rating: 16+ (with Bad Language, Violence, Online gameplay) ***TO*** ESRB Rating: Teen (with Blood, Drug Reference, Intense Violence, Sexual Themes, Strong Language). USK Rating: Not approved for young persons aged under 18. PEGI Rating: 16+ (with Bad Language, Violence, Online gameplay)
[I wonder if a human has made this curious change on a Saturday, or whether it is Skynet trying to corrupt impressionable teen minds]

NOTE! CHANGED Far Cry® 2: Fortune's Edition, languages: Audio and text: English. Text only: German ***TO*** Audio and text: German, English
[Make that "impressionable German teen minds"]

NOTE! ADDED FILE Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, downloadables, manual (German) (tmuakm_handbuch.zip; Fri, 13 Mar 2015 17:49:44 GMT; 16,804,652)
[Note that this is no longer called product_bonus_xxxxx. Are we happy?]

NOTE! CHANGED FILE Total Annihilation: Commander Pack, downloadables, Mac OS X installer, English (total_annihilation_commander_pack_1.1.0.21.dmg ***TO*** total_annihilation_commander_pack_2.0.0.8.dmg; Tue, 14 Jan 2014 16:54:26 GMT ***TO*** Fri, 13 Mar 2015 16:01:23 GMT; 1,137,515,429 ***TO*** 1,139,004,121)
SirPrimalform: Did we find out what's up with the Cognition covers getting borked and generic?
Get with the times. It's your highly requested Unbundling.
Gydion: Get with the times. It's your highly requested Unbundling.
Yeah, except they have always been separate for as long as I have owned them here. In fact, given that they had separate covers before, they were actually more unbundled then than they are now!
Post edited March 15, 2015 by SirPrimalform
Gydion: Get with the times. It's your highly requested Unbundling.
SirPrimalform: Yeah, except they have always been separate for as long as I have owned them here. In fact, given that they had separate covers before, they were actually more unbundled then than they are now!
+1
...and they had CORRECT covers. Please GOG make them the way they were before.
From MaGog's logs for 15 March:

NOTE! CHANGED FILE Battle Worlds: Kronos, downloadables, Windows installer, English+French+Italian+German+Spanish+Russian+Polish (setup_battle_worlds_kronos_2.1.0.8.exe ***TO*** setup_battle_worlds_kronos_2.2.0.9.exe; Wed, 05 Nov 2014 09:01:08 GMT ***TO*** Fri, 13 Mar 2015 17:13:52 GMT; 787,860,752 ***TO*** 798,508,464)

NOTE! CHANGED FILE Battle Worlds: Kronos, downloadables, Mac OS X installer, English+French+Italian+German+Spanish+Russian+Polish (battle_worlds_kronos_1.3.0.14.dmg ***TO*** battle_world_kronos_2.1.0.9.dmg; Thu, 12 Jun 2014 15:17:33 GMT ***TO*** Fri, 13 Mar 2015 17:26:50 GMT; 848,067,066 ***TO*** 850,481,569)
SirPrimalform: Yeah, except they have always been separate for as long as I have owned them here. In fact, given that they had separate covers before, they were actually more unbundled then than they are now!
And yet they were still effected by unbundling. Grand, no? Noticed 4 days ago, think it's discussed in the Unbundling thread and I guess it's supposition on my part based on the timing.
Gydion: And yet they were still effected by unbundling.
Sorry for being a grammar nazi, but I really wanna say this...

They effected changes which affected the games. We are unhappy with the effects.

Using "effect" as a verb means "caused" so, if you're unsure or prone to making that mistake, pretend that "effect" is the noun and "affect" is the verb.

affect (verb): to act on
effect (verb): to cause
effect (noun): the result of a cause

It's the same grammatical mistake (using an object where an action is required) that Stephen Colbert used for humour when he told Bill O'Reilly that he "think[s] owls are a waste of time".
ssokolow: Using "effect" as a verb means "caused" so, if you're unsure or prone to making that mistake,
Typically, no. However I was on fire earlier.