It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DyNaer: snip
Yes, it's really sad. I really appreciate your devotion and effectiveness in finding every single silent update.

I believe we'll have to wait bit more till every game is updated. 33 games out of 215 from my collection lack v2 installer so it safe to assume that there are at least twice as much games that will get a silent update.
DyNaer: I offered multiples solutions , even a simple weekly post about those , till the situation is cleared (when all games will get a v2 installer) -> but it's too much to ask :( .
Ghorpm: Yes, it's really sad. I really appreciate your devotion and effectiveness in finding every single silent update.
There is a chance this can be done client-side. At least it doesn't appear that far off. Yes, I know this should be handled by GOG, but in the meantime.
Hmm, yet another group of new installers to download for me. I've grown weary of this. I think I give up. The old installers are fine unless the game itself was updated somehow. So, I will watch this thread for that but I don't know if i feel like downloading and storing away more and more installers.

Sorry for the whining. I'm just really tired of this. I'll say again, it is very nice of you guys who are checking all the time to share the info.

I lied. It was 3 games new to me. I just had to have them. I am admittedly hopeless. Anyway, it felt good to bitch about it just the same and thanks for listening.
Post edited October 25, 2013 by dirtyharry50
When did the 2.0.0.17 installer for Betrayal at Krondor appear, and what did it change from the earlier 2.0.0.16?
Ghorpm: I believe we'll have to wait bit more till every game is updated. 33 games out of 215 from my collection lack v2 installer so it safe to assume that there are at least twice as much games that will get a silent update.
I'm counting 166 v1-installers out of 418 games. All freshly downloaded (or verified) in the last 8 hours or so (takes a while to complete even when the file just need verifying, especially if there's multiple languages, I should try to improve on that).

EDIT: Wait, no, I wasn't done yet, apparently. Divinity 2 and Dragon Commander both need some time at about 30 and 40 GB, respectively (and it runs in alphabetic order, so... yeah).
Post edited October 25, 2013 by Maighstir
Maighstir: When did the 2.0.0.17 installer for Betrayal at Krondor appear, and what did it change from the earlier 2.0.0.16?
No idea but it must have been posted in this thread earlier because I already have it. You probably already did this too but I checked the game's forum and no clues there.
JudasIscariot:
FYI: The 2.0 installers for Alone in the Dark 2+3 still have the "uninstalling removes all AppCompatFlag Layers values from the registry" bug.

Alone in the Dark 1 is fine. It's just the other two games (found under extras) that have not been fixed.
I wonder if they've managed to fix Betrayal at Antara crashing during the cut-scenes
Maighstir: When did the 2.0.0.17 installer for Betrayal at Krondor appear, and what did it change from the earlier 2.0.0.16?
quite some time now, it was a silent update even if it's a v2 installer .... i don't know what changed ...
DyNaer: snip
Ghorpm: Yes, it's really sad. I really appreciate your devotion and effectiveness in finding every single silent update.

I believe we'll have to wait bit more till every game is updated. 33 games out of 215 from my collection lack v2 installer so it safe to assume that there are at least twice as much games that will get a silent update.
Well, I'm sorry, but I, for one don't WANT an update flag if the only thing that's changed is the installer - I guess it would be nice if Judas or another GOG smurf (I'm calling them Smurf's now because they're blue) would post here but I think game update flags are, quite rightly for GAME updates, not some minor change to the game delivery system!

I think it would lead to a lot of users downloading the games again and doing over-the-top installs completely needlessly!

Fever_Discordia: Well, I'm sorry, but I, for one don't WANT an update flag if the only thing that's changed is the installer - I guess it would be nice if Judas or another GOG smurf (I'm calling them Smurf's now because they're blue) would post here but I think game update flags are, quite rightly for GAME updates, not some minor change to the game delivery system!

I think it would lead to a lot of users downloading the games again and doing over-the-top installs completely needlessly!
I completely understand your point and that's why we are not asking for update flags for every v2 installer - a simple changelog is more than enough. In such a case everybody can decide himself/herself whether he/she wants to download new installer. I think it's a perfect solution - you don't even have to check the changelog if you don't care about. No confusion, no tedious searching a simple win-win scenario ;)
Fever_Discordia: Well, I'm sorry, but I, for one don't WANT an update flag if the only thing that's changed is the installer - I guess it would be nice if Judas or another GOG smurf (I'm calling them Smurf's now because they're blue) would post here but I think game update flags are, quite rightly for GAME updates, not some minor change to the game delivery system!

Ghorpm: I completely understand your point and that's why we are not asking for update flags for every v2 installer - a simple changelog is more than enough. In such a case everybody can decide himself/herself whether he/she wants to download new installer. I think it's a perfect solution - you don't even have to check the changelog if you don't care about. No confusion, no tedious searching a simple win-win scenario ;)
Ah, I see, yeah, an 'Update History' sticky at the the top of every game-specific forum would probably be the easiest implementation...
Ghorpm: I completely understand your point and that's why we are not asking for update flags for every v2 installer - a simple changelog is more than enough. In such a case everybody can decide himself/herself whether he/she wants to download new installer. I think it's a perfect solution - you don't even have to check the changelog if you don't care about. No confusion, no tedious searching a simple win-win scenario ;)
Fever_Discordia: Ah, I see, yeah, an 'Update History' sticky at the the top of every game-specific forum would probably be the easiest implementation...
Oh God! No, no, no! In this case we would have to open every single sub-forum to see whether a new installer is available. It wouldn't be any different from what we have now - we have to manually check every single game in our shelves. I was rather thinking about one sticky thread in general discussion called "Installers changelog" (or something like that) and every time something is updated it should be listed there. Pretty much like this very thread, the only difference that one of the GOG guys would write there.
high rated
adambiser: FYI: The 2.0 installers for Alone in the Dark 2+3 still have the "uninstalling removes all AppCompatFlag Layers values from the registry" bug.

Alone in the Dark 1 is fine. It's just the other two games (found under extras) that have not been fixed.
Following Judas advice, I submitted a support ticket for this about two weeks ago and got a reply on the same day that the Product Team was informed and looking into it. I guess it's a matter of time for the new installer(s) to show up.
Long live the Queen:
- new extra: map of the game world

BTW (and sorry to hassle), a RSS feed would prove quite useful: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/rss_feed_for_game_updates