It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

What is the main difference between the v2 installers and the v1 ones, anyway?
Ghorpm: ...more games got 2.0 updates:
- Original War
Hm. Just checked the gamecard out of curiosity and it says it sports Win 8 support now? Might give it another test-run since the old version was not supported as well as running poorly on my Win 8 lappie. Guess I'll see soon whether GOG did its magic thing. ;)
Loenas: What is the main difference between the v2 installers and the v1 ones, anyway?
Nicer desktop icons - though that may be debatable for some - a registry entry that'll allow all other v2 installers to automatically target your preferred installation folder for your GOG games, and a snappier, nicer looking install box... and no forced file integrity checks anymore with only an optional one for games with greater than 1.6GB? file size. So, nothing dramatic for the most part - that's why these swapperoos aren't usually flagged as they don't actually update anything for the games themselves - but it was a definite improvement, as far as I'm concerned, so I'm one of those who will periodically change out the old for the new installer when made available.
Post edited October 20, 2013 by mistermumbles
How can you tell what installers you have if you've already downloaded the games? I'm tidy minded so clear the gog downloader window when I've finished downloading. Thanks.
Pajama: How can you tell what installers you have if you've already downloaded the games? I'm tidy minded so clear the gog downloader window when I've finished downloading. Thanks.
If a game get a new installer v1->v2 : you can't , unless by checking one by one the games in your shelves. That was really a bad move from GOG ihmo.

if a game has already a v2 installer , there's the notification system : a liitle flag is displayed alonside "My account" / you have the same notification with the downloader.

2 points :

- New games always come with a v2 installer
- It's better to grab v2 installers (for the games which previously had a v1 installer) , for future updates : (for somes games it's not critical (no update since ages).
Post edited October 20, 2013 by DyNaer
Thanks DyNaer, that explains it perfectly, now I'll know what to look for if any of my games get updated.
Pajama: How can you tell what installers you have if you've already downloaded the games? I'm tidy minded so clear the gog downloader window when I've finished downloading. Thanks.
v1 will be named "setup_game_name.exe"
v2 will be named "setup_game_name_2.x.x.xy.exe"

Hover your mouse over the exe setup file and you will see: "File version 1.x.x.xy" or "File version 2.x.x.xy"

This is the same as: Right click on exe setup file > Properties > Details tab > File version

v2 also have a Digital Signatures tab and you can check the 'Timestamp' of the file. This is important because just like you will not get informed of v1 to v2 updates, sometimes v2 get updated but retain the same file version.

Check My GOG.com Project - http://sdrv.ms/UXVDke, in particular, the xls database spreadsheet. If you refer to column R (.exe File Version), you can check these against what you own.

Note: My files are only as accurate as the information that people send to me. As humans, we all make mistakes! :)
So if you notice something that you think is wrong, please PM me with the correct info. Thanks!
Post Mortem got a 2.0 install as well.
v2 installers for :

- Advent Rising
- ArmA Gold Edition
Does this mean all the games will get V2 installers at some point?
nijuu: Does this mean all the games will get V2 installers at some point?
One would assume so.
Amerzone got one (with separate installers for each languages).

Much better than downloading the whole 4.8 GB package in my opinion.
Democracy 3 has been updated to version 1.07!

Also, the dev just released a 1.08 update.
Gydion: Democracy 3 has been updated to version 1.07!

Also, the dev just released a 1.08 update.
http://www.gog.com/forum/democracy_3/democracy_3_has_been_updated_to_version_108
Post edited October 22, 2013 by JudasIscariot
ConnieThunder: v1 will be named "setup_game_name.exe"
v2 will be named "setup_game_name_2.x.x.xy.exe"

Hover your mouse over the exe setup file and you will see: "File version 1.x.x.xy" or "File version 2.x.x.xy"

This is the same as: Right click on exe setup file > Properties > Details tab > File version

v2 also have a Digital Signatures tab and you can check the 'Timestamp' of the file. This is important because just like you will not get informed of v1 to v2 updates, sometimes v2 get updated but retain the same file version.

Check My GOG.com Project - http://sdrv.ms/UXVDke, in particular, the xls database spreadsheet. If you refer to column R (.exe File Version), you can check these against what you own.

Note: My files are only as accurate as the information that people send to me. As humans, we all make mistakes! :)
So if you notice something that you think is wrong, please PM me with the correct info. Thanks!
Thank you, I've downloaded the spreadsheet and have found it just the thing :)
Inquisitor just got a new installer
Info: http://www.gog.com/forum/inquisitor/inquisitor_has_been_updated_to_version_11016
Post edited October 22, 2013 by Crosmando