It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Johny.: [...] I see it doesn't happen anymore.

When I dug into it out of curiosity last weekend - it turned out to be a weird youtube-originated bug that resulted in script load failure, that combined with our stats collecting script. Crazy stuff. :)
I hope that GOG's web-devs intervened and fixed the "Leave page" bug,,i.e. we won't see it again because it somehow fixed itself for now; not sure what the case is by your wording.

Johny.: [...] I see - online status on chat is currently not bumped by website. There is an issue that requires a bit of the system to be reconstructed (read: not hackfixed ;) ). It concerns "only" chat and Galaxy Client friends list. [...]
Also not sure what the time frame for fixing the chat online status bug is, if there is one. Is the Galaxy client friends list issue related/interlinked?

Johny.: [...] This bug is acknowledged, but lower priority than other ones. :) [...])
So, the answer is soon™, eh?

One gone, two annoying bugs remaining... undecided if it counts as a good score, but thanks for replying.
adaliabooks: Any news on this? It's getting quite annoying....
Johny.: I see - online status on chat is currently not bumped by website. There is an issue that requires a bit of the system to be reconstructed (read: not hackfixed ;) ). It concerns "only" chat and Galaxy Client friends list.
Thanks for the reply Johny :)
Johny.: I see - online status on chat is currently not bumped by website. There is an issue that requires a bit of the system to be reconstructed (read: not hackfixed ;) ). It concerns "only" chat and Galaxy Client friends list.
adaliabooks: Thanks for the reply Johny :)
Small update on this one: I am not entirely sure about how online statuses will work in the future, so we need to wait for it to clarify. Sorry for misinformation!
Johny.: Small update on this one: I am not entirely sure about how online statuses will work in the future, so we need to wait for it to clarify. Sorry for misinformation!
[emphasis added]

Somehow this doesn't sound particularly reassuring.

On a different note, I'm getting emails about items on my wishlist being on sale, the latest one earlier today, even though I'm unsubscribed. Not sure how many are having the same issue, but I'm not the only one.
HypersomniacLive: On a different note, I'm getting emails about items on my wishlist being on sale, the latest one earlier today, even though I'm unsubscribed. Not sure how many are having the same issue, but I'm not the only one.
Yep, me too. I have received two or three emails since Monday despite having unsubscribed.
I'm not sure what's going on tonight but I've been reading/posting on the forums and suddenly the SSL certificate changed to one from the LetsEncrypt project and all hell has broken loose. The "ACCOUNT" menu has vanished randomly, then comes back then disappears then comes back all on random page loads. I tried from 2 other browsers on different machines and got the same results. The Search menu icon that is normally a magnifying glass turned into a triple-squiggly math symbol. Seeing various other weirdness on the GOG website, and support links go to support.gog.com which appears to be a completely new website. At first I wondered if the "gog.com" part was unicode letters that look like gog.com but are some fraudulent alternative that appears visually identical (hey, it happens...) but it's the wind down part of my evening so I'm in more of a "Joe sixpack" mood than in "computer geek out" mood, so I'm just throwing it out here rather than diagnosing/troubleshooting the weirdness myself.

At first I tried to post in the forums and my post was rejected, which is when I noticed the ACCOUNT menu had vanished. A few reloads later and it magically and mysteriously has returned so this message might get through perhaps.
skeletonbow: Snip
I'm not getting any of that.. On my mobile right now but the certificate is showing as a Symantec on not a Let's Encrypt one...
Sounds like some kind of attack trying to spoof the website.. Or could be just gog messing around with stuff..
Post edited February 02, 2017 by adaliabooks
adaliabooks: I'm not getting any of that.. On my mobile right now but the certificate is showing as a Symantec on not a Let's Encrypt one...
Sounds like some kind of attack trying to spoof the website.. Or could be just gog messing around with stuff..
Yeah, those were my two postulations as well. It suddenly came up, some browser protections kicked in to warn of mixed-mode content with some of it under a letsencrypt certificate which I found odd as while they're perfectly legitimate and I use the free service myself I found it both odd and unlikely that GOG would do so publicly. Then noscript and RequestPolicyContinued were both offering up subresources that were not already allowed and one of them was https://www.gog.com and that has been permanently allowed since I first allowed it several years ago.

Due to this oddity and not wanting to go into a time consuming investigation I just left it sit as-is for a half hour or so without restarting the browser, then returned and hit reload and everything went back to normal. It is possible it was some sort of experimental/developmental quirk on GOG's end, but from the symptoms I lean more towards it being some kind of 3rd party MITM attack. I know it wasn't within my own network however as I confirmed the same behaviour on 3 different machines using 2 different operating systems along with other quick tests, so if there was in fact an attack of some sort it was out in the wild somewhere. Most people would not likely have even noticed it however unless they use NoScript, RequestPolicyContinued and have customized their browser security settings with regards to SSL/TLS and OCSP via about:config (I customize some security settings that do not show up in the main prefs UI in order to make it more strict and less forgiving of temporary weirdness more or less). A default browser setup without addons would most likely have just allowed the traffic without any errors/warnings at all. The problem did go away on its own however.

I tend to encounter obscure problems of this nature others are less likely to experience or recognize if they do experience, so I thought I'd throw it out here on the off chance GOG might have something to say about it if they were up to something experimental or whatnot. :) I only regret that it didn't happen within the first 8 hours of my wake day where my mind is fresh and I'm ready to dig deep into such issues, but it happened at the end of the day when I want to be completely retarded. :)
CHANGELOG of Gwent: The Witcher Card Game showed Patch 0.8.33 (19th December 2017)
Mmmm, it is 316 days later...
kbnrylaec: CHANGELOG of Gwent: The Witcher Card Game showed Patch 0.8.33 (19th December 2017)
Mmmm, it is 316 days later...
Yeah, GOG's time machine is glitching a little as of late. :P

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_update_thread/post15492
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_update_thread/post15515
Glitching? There's no such thing. Someone at GOG seems to be trying to push time forward faster - perhaps something really nice and big coming down the road, so hurry up already?
New problem I just discovered with the shopping cart. Not reported to GOG support, just reporting it here for now.

I added a game to my cart a day or so ago by accident and just noticed it there now. I was on the GOG home page and just went up to hover over the cart icon where it drops down and shows you the items in your cart along with a link to remove the item. If I click on the "remove" link absolutely nothing happens. Refreshing the page to try it again doesn't work either, the remove link is just non-functional. As a workaround, one may click on the cart and go to the checkout page, where all of the cart items are displayed with the ability to remove each item that works as expected. Only the cart-hover method of removing games fails to work for me.

Disclaimer: I am using both Barefoot and Adalia and can't rule out some kind of interaction.

Mostly posting it here just to see if others can reproduce the issue as well/gather data points to try to garner whether it is a bona fide bug.
skeletonbow: New problem I just discovered with the shopping cart. Not reported to GOG support, just reporting it here for now.

I added a game to my cart a day or so ago by accident and just noticed it there now. I was on the GOG home page and just went up to hover over the cart icon where it drops down and shows you the items in your cart along with a link to remove the item. If I click on the "remove" link absolutely nothing happens. Refreshing the page to try it again doesn't work either, the remove link is just non-functional. As a workaround, one may click on the cart and go to the checkout page, where all of the cart items are displayed with the ability to remove each item that works as expected. Only the cart-hover method of removing games fails to work for me.

Disclaimer: I am using both Barefoot and Adalia and can't rule out some kind of interaction.

Mostly posting it here just to see if others can reproduce the issue as well/gather data points to try to garner whether it is a bona fide bug.
Did you do this on the forum page? I don't think the remove link works from the forum (or ever has).. for whatever reason.

It should still work from the main page or the game pages.
adaliabooks: Did you do this on the forum page? I don't think the remove link works from the forum (or ever has).. for whatever reason.

It should still work from the main page or the game pages.
No, just on the home page. One thing I hadn't considered is whether Barefoot or Adalia were actually providing that feature though, is that the case? I seem to get that mucked up on occasion. :)
skeletonbow: New problem I just discovered with the shopping cart. Not reported to GOG support, just reporting it here for now.

Can't reproduce in the normal parts of the site. Remove link doesn't work if you try it on forum, yeah.