It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Thanks all. A spoonful of sugar is good for hiccups. Or holding your breath

for a day or two.
adaliabooks: Nope, spotted those now. Just seems to be that day possibly... you should only get a time only time stamp when the date is todays date so I imagine it's a dating error (somehow) on that particular day...
HypersomniacLive: That's the puzzling part. Aren't timestamps automatically set and added?

moonshineshadow: Well I consider it normal for gog chat. Not the first time it happens. I have seen this kind of bug quite often. Comes with using the chat a lot ;-)
HypersomniacLive: I'm too lazy to go back and check if it happened to me too before, but going by adaliabooks posts, it's not necessarily related to using the chat a lot.
Well, I've checked the Javascript and the date is actually correct, what's incorrect is that the message has a boolean for isToday set to true when it should be set to false...

But as you say it should all be automatic so I'm not sure how it could fail...
HypersomniacLive: Are chat timestamps broken/borked for anyone else?

I had an exchange with someone last Monday, but it shows as if we had just last evening - only time shows next to messages, no date?
Meanwhile, other exchanges I had in later days, show correct timestamps.
Good catch - thanks! It was a quick fix which will be applied most probably tomorrow morning.
Johny.: Good catch - thanks! It was a quick fix which will be applied most probably tomorrow morning.
Great, nice to know it's not too difficult to sort :)
Twice I visited the GOG homepage on my home PC and twice it was saying I wasn't logged in. But I am logged in and going to another page, like the community, shows the Account button at the top again.
Rimmu: Account and other services should work now. We had a minor hiccup in our IT den.
Still some issues?
Downloader asks for login but doesn't let me log in; and account refresh claims that GOG is overwhelmed.
almabrds: Let's hope they don't wait until The "what did just break" thread 8.0 to start squashing the bugs. .__.
I don't have high hopes..
Good work, OP!
*thumbs up*
Johny.: We're squashing some bugs all the time :) but you tend to list low prio ones here.
We're also tracking bugs ourselves.

For me - this topic (as the previous one) is useful not because of the list, but input in new posts. We're very thankful for your input. :)
Ok, the avatar bug is low priority - I get that.
What I don't get, is why you ignored help offered by another gOg user.
He offered help to fix this bug, and his post was completely ignored.
Update on issue 011 - https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_break_thread_20/post82

GOG has acknowledged the issue, but still broken.

I'm curious as to what if any unused game keys appear on my page2 so that I can obtain them and gift them etc. Also not clear is whether any potential keys that may be there which have expiry dates on them will just silently expire and disappear while unable to access them and I wont know it because they wont be there anymore if/when the page is ever fixed, or if GOG will extend the life of them by an amount of time to allow them to get redeemed. I'm unsure of whether or not there even are any there though and haven't kept track of all of that data locally because I put my trust in GOG's order history to store and make that information available to me day to day.

I've started a local spreadsheet now to put all of this information in from now on for greater reliability and more control over access to the data in a timely manner however page 2 shall remain a mystery row of question marks in my spreadsheet for the time being. :)
moonshineshadow: This thread aims to centralize the numerous bugs affecting the website.
Do you mind opening an unofficial bug tracker somewhere on Github for example? It's way more effective and usable than GOG forum for these purposes. Forum can be still used to post if new bugs were discovered.

If you want, I can open such bug tracker for everyone to use.

I'm sure it will be also easier for GOG developers to use. If they really care, they can even open an official bug tracker ;)
Post edited July 19, 2016 by shmerl
shmerl: Do you mind opening an unofficial bug tracker somewhere on Github for example? It's way more effective and usable than GOG forum for these purposes. Forum can be still used to post if new bugs were discovered.

I'm sure it will be also easier for GOG developers to use. If they really care, they can even open an official bug tracker ;)
They already have an official GOG bug tracker: http://mantis.gog.com
skeletonbow: They already have an official GOG bug tracker: http://mantis.gog.com
It's not so usable, since it doesn't even have GOG forum like a subproject. But if it would be there, then I could propose using it instead.

Making unofficial bug tracker will allow community making more categories. I'd make one just for the forum.
Post edited July 19, 2016 by shmerl
shmerl: It's not so usable, since it doesn't even have GOG forum like a subproject. But if it would be there, then I could propose using it instead.

Making unofficial bug tracker will allow community making more categories. I'd make one just for the forum.
Yeah, that's a good point. It'd be nice if GOG expanded Mantis to allow more categories and more options such as the ability for reporters to reopen/close and make other status changes, and the ability for us to flag certain bugs/comments/file attachments as "private" if they contain sensitive personal information or security issues for example.

There are issues that I explicitly have avoided reporting in mantis due to lack of security context, not to mention the fact that they are running it over non-SSL and https://letsencrypt.org/ has offered free SSL certs for 8+ months now so it's a no-brainer to just put everything on SSL these days. :)

It's also possible that making a public community ran bug tracker could influence them to either use it also, or more likely to add improvements to their own over time. Of course being unofficial too, they may not appreciate it or use it perhaps. If it's a community thing that the community finds useful though I don't see why not, but people should still use mantis and/or support for now if something is an issue they want GOG to explicitly be aware of too. :)
Rimmu: Account and other services should work now. We had a minor hiccup in our IT den.
Loenas: Still some issues?
Downloader asks for login but doesn't let me log in; and account refresh claims that GOG is overwhelmed.
Thanks, we'll look into it, because something definitely ain't right. ;)
moonshineshadow: This thread aims to centralize the numerous bugs affecting the website.
shmerl: Do you mind opening an unofficial bug tracker somewhere on Github for example? It's way more effective and usable than GOG forum for these purposes. Forum can be still used to post if new bugs were discovered.
Well, you can open one if you want. I'm not going to do it for several reasons. In my experience a lot of people might post in a forum but are not going to bother with something outside of it. I also don't think the gog staff has enough time to care about most of these problems, so I don't think it is really necessaray to handle things differently. And lastly, I have no interest in checking out possibilities for something like that, signing up etc.
But like I said, go ahead if you want to.

skeletonbow: I'm curious as to what if any unused game keys appear on my page2 so that I can obtain them and gift them etc. Also not clear is whether any potential keys that may be there which have expiry dates on them will just silently expire and disappear while unable to access them and I wont know it because they wont be there anymore if/when the page is ever fixed
You don't need to worry about that. Normal keys never expire. Only keys for free games from sales expire and these are not shown in your order history, they are only send my email.
Post edited July 19, 2016 by moonshineshadow
moonshineshadow: You don't need to worry about that. Normal keys never expire. Only keys for free games from sales expire and these are not shown in your order history, they are only send my email.
That reminds me, I still need to contact support to remove a free game from my order history. >_<
Didn't redeem it, key is expired but it's still there as unredeemed.