It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

IAmSinistar:
*puts back double thick tinfoil hat on IAmSinistar's head.

I see tinyE has been playing maid again
I’m finally ready to officially post here.

As I’ve stated in a previous giveaway, this is my favourite kind of GA. This one even more so, as the criteria set aligns perfectly with my own. And since we don’t have a limit on number of nominations, I’ll list all the people that affect my stay on GOG in a positive way.
There are two groups of nominees – the first one comprises of all the folks that I have personal contact and interaction with, hence had a chance to appreciate character qualities in a more direct way; these people share many qualities, such as friendliness, respectfulness, thoughtfulness, generosity at heart and an enjoyable sense of humour. The second one is that of all the folks that while we had no personal contact and little interaction on the forum, I consider most valuable to my experience here.

Nominations based on personal interaction

IAmSinistar –- an amazing fellow GOGer whom I’m fortunate to have gotten to know better. His well known contributions to this community have already been mentioned, so I won’t repeat them. I nominate him though for one single reason, his vocabulary of old-fashion words and expressions that is an invaluable treasure (thesaurus?) for non-native English speakers, and for some native ones, too. ;-)
Though I’m not entirely joking about this, I’d like to nominate him for his qualities that I’ve been fortunate to appreciate through our public and private interactions - his kindness, thoughtfulness, insight, wisdom, masterly handled sarcasm and lovely sense of humour. Oh, and for the boggled British gentleman. ;-)

Dischord –- kind of a comet-like presence on the forum, he shows up and wanders the forums planting game codes in random threads, just for the joy and fun of spreading happiness with no strings attached. But that’s not the reason I’ve chosen him - he’s one of the most courteous, respectful, insightful and wise people I’ve met, and it’s always a pleasure to converse with him on various topics, both on the board and behind the scenes, not least thanks to his unique, sometimes scathing (in a good way, imagine that) sense of humour and his way of sneaking it into the discussions.

tburger –- a classics enthusiast and a very discrete presence on the forum, so discrete in fact that it may have hidden from most how eager to help and share his knowledge he is, what a big heart and a great sense of humour he has, qualities that shine in our mostly private discussions.

Enebias –- another very respectful, kind, helpful and (very sneakily) generous fellow GOGer. Several private exchanges of thoughts and opinions with him, revealed how mature and wise for his age he also is. Overall, he’s a truly shining example from and for the younger generations.

foxworks –- I doubt that there are regulars here that are not aware of his qualities and contributions to this community. I’ve experienced many times what a polite, friendly, funny, kind, and carrying person he is; always ready to help and support you if needed. He’s also a great team-player, hence a pleasure to work with.

K_1269 – a lovely person, with a kind and generous heart, and an enjoyable sense of humour that I’ve had the pleasure of meeting and interacting with, mostly behind the scenes. They’ve been absent from this forum lately due to personal stuff, but this does not diminish their worthiness, nor should be reason to exclude them.

trentonlf –- a quite new fellow member that has gained a special place among us with his genuinely kind-hearted nature; he’s one of the most polite, friendly, and thoughtful persons I’ve met here, that on top of everything else comes with the gift of a most enjoyable sense of humour that he’s not shy of sharing with us.

Eli – he’s probably the definition of “behind the scenes person”; newer folks most likely don’t know him, but he’s very passionate about GOG and has worked (and works) on projects related to GOG, like the and the [url=https://userstyles.org/styles/104807/stay-put-gog-nav-bar]Stay put, GOG nav-bar!. I nominate him for sharing the same anti-DRM passion with me, and for the thought-provoking exchanges we had on this and other subjects via PM.

Nominations based on forum interaction

mrkgnao -– whoever hasn’t used his valuable search engine MaGog should rectify this at once. As I’ve said before, it demonstrates how native search on GOG should work, but sadly GOG is not taking notes. Deeply obliged for the continuous efforts to improve it and implement our (often not so reasonable) requested features. Extra kudos for making it functional in a very short time after the site revamp.
An additional and equally important reason I nominate him is his unique sense of humour; seriously, just check out his posts and [url=https://www.gog.com/forum/general/regional_priced_games_on_gog/post428]here to get a small taste of what I mean.

Barefoot_Monkey –- everyone cruising GOG without Barefoot Essentials 2 is either very brave or has never heard of this amazing script that elevates the experience to levels that GOG apparently hasn’t thought that are possible (or desired). There are no words to express my gratitude for his continuous and tireless efforts to improve our experience. Extra kudos for not only getting it working again shortly after GOG did their best to almost completely break it, but for giving us a much improved version of it.

ChrisSD –- for restoring some crucial functionality to the fresher, better GOG, like a properly working search function on the forum pages.

JMich, Grargar and madth3 –-for satisfying our needs for all things data/ statistics and deals related. No inaccuracy or half-news/ info get past these guys.

BillyMaysFan59 – he’s fun and über-devoted to keeping the flame of Insomnia burning and the Keane Legend alive; for basing his GAs on creative ideas and themes, and turning them into discussion threads after the GAs are over.

Awalterj –- for sharing a part of himself through his beautiful paintings and stories; for having original, creative ideas and themes for his GAs.

I’m drawing the line here, with an apology to anyone that had an impact on me and I neglected to mention.

Last but not least, I’d like to heartily thank everyone that thought and included me in their nominations – you know who you are! ;-)

EDIT: One late nomination from me.

Kabus -- in light of the ill-mannered way and tone of complaints in the various release threads about mind baffling things, from how the release of a title that’s not of one's personal taste warrants threatening GOG of taking their money elsewhere, and how GOG dares release an old title they didn't sweat their arses off for at least three months to get it to work, to how people dare support GOG for their DRM-free policy, and what GOG is thinking and not catering to exclusively filling the void other, apparently preferred, stores and services leave, I nominate Kabus for being such a beacon of positiveness both in spirit and manners in the release threads - thank you Kabus.
Post edited September 30, 2014 by HypersomniacLive
ddickinson: *Walks in to the thread and sees all the mess. Shakes head in disappointment.*

I leave this place unsupervised for a few hours and I find it covered in urine and monkey faeces. You boys really need to find a cleaner way to have fun.

Since you boys made all the mess, you can clean it up. I want this place spotless when I get back, otherwise I will take away all of your toys and video games and send you to your rooms.
*throws flash grenade and runs away*
* Daily Bump! *

One week to go before the giveaway ends (Thursday 2nd October at 12:00 GMT).
ddickinson:
Enebias:
genkicolleen:
SalarShushan:
HypersomniacLive:
Thanks so much ddickinson, Enebias, genkicolleen, SalarShushan and HypersomniacLive, much appreciated to have been included in your mentions.

And don't worry ddickinson, I'd never think about bowing out as that would be rather impolite. I did read your threat saying (I quote) "will travel to your country, hunt you down, and kick you square in the nuts!" but this didn't scare me much because as mentioned in the Switzerland thread I have many goats as bodyguards. If you could even locate my secret alpine bunker in the first place, the goats would crowd around you begging for food and free cuddling and in the meantime I'd escape and close the hatch. Once inside, I can indefinitely survive on chocolate and biscuit rations hidden inside the mountain.

As usual, ddickinson herself comes to mind immediately for being just about the kindest member one can possibly find here and I'm sure most everyone would agree but naturally I can't nominate the host of the thread so here are my nominations:

Zeffyr: Thank you for being so helpful and for being the -so far- only member to offer me a beer in real life, an offer I most certainly would like to take you up on soon as there is a chance. Haven't seen you around lately on these forums, hope all is well.

Enebias: Thank you or can I say grazie mille for earnestly participating in giveaways and for actually playing those games, and then even reviewing them. You are always most welcome.

Grimwerk and MadyNora: I've said this before but thanks to both of you for contributing so masterfully to the Draw and Guess the Game thread.
In some cases it's not even drawings but actual food art, for a recent and instantly recognizable example from the skilled culinary hands of MadyNora click[url=http://www.gog.com/forum/general/draw_and_guess_the_game/post6491 ] here [/url]

djdarko: Thank you for hosting many fun rounds of "20 Questions" guessing games which was always a pleasure

Judasiscariot: I assume one can't nominate a mod in a giveaway thread but I'd like to point out that Judas is every bit as awesome in real life as he is on these forums and I hope he'll be around these parts for a long time. A very long time.

I would also like to nominate Sachys, as a peace pipe offering sort of thing. If you would be so kind to unblock me, and perhaps not yell at me and hurl insults for what was a simple misunderstanding that went South. One single incident like that should not be grounds for leaving things on a sour note. I have no interest in pushing the blame on either one of us but I don't like sour and would be very happy if this occasion could be used to make amends, thank you and this is not meant sarcastically but earnestly!
(PS: no hostilities were ever exchanged via PM)

Edit: So far no answer from Sachys but this nomination stands regardless, it's meant as a sign of good faith and not a condition.

There's many more members I could nominate and I hope no one would feel insulted for not being mentioned, many apologies should that somehow be the case!
Post edited October 01, 2014 by awalterj
I´d like to nominate the ones that continued the game photography contest:
benderz, Lauja and Ragnarblackmane!
Many thanks for this wonderful opportunity ddickinson with an astoundingly generous giveaway, I always appreciate these because it allows us to shine a light on the many great people of this community and their considerable contributions. First though I would like to say that if you were not the esteemed host ddickinson then your name would most certainly be among the nominees on many lists as well. In a very short span of time you have been genuinely nice and thoughtful with your many generous giveaways and gift bombs in others that I am now certain that you have also been afflicted with SGS (Serial Gifting Syndrome) like many other awesome members of this community that just can't seem to help themselves when it comes to bringing joy to the lives of many folks here.

As per your recommendation my nominations are for some of the many many incredible folks that have encountered on this forum since I first joined in November last year. This is by no means a complete list of all the people as that would never actually finish if I attempted to make one. All of these deserving people have enriched my experience on this forum in some shape or form and I really appreciate them a lot. There are some names that have already been mentioned and some that are not as active on the forum but that is something I did not consider because this was a great opportunity to mention a lot of people since there is no limit on nominations. So in no particular order my list of nominees is as follows with sincere apologies to many others that have not been mentioned:

Dischord: One of the first of many people that really surprised me with a random kindness and generosity. He was the first to welcome me to the forum eventhough I was a relative stranger back then and it was early days for me. Overtime after getting to know him via his infrequent appearances on the forum I was not only in awe of his unconditional generosity to everyone but was also really impressed with his genuine friendliness with every person he encountered in his short visits. We have had some really great conversations since then and he often has sage advice with a little humor added in for good measure. Another great thing is that he always remembers everyone he meets and carries on the conversation the next time he shows up to continue where it left off. I am always glad when I see him on the forum and his posts are very insightful no matter which topic they are addressing.

alloy627: She surprised me with a gift from my wishlist on a whim and I was just overwhelmed by the amazing gesture. A wonderful genuinely friendly and caring person who I have always had very pleasant conversations with, she is also extremely generous to anyone that comes in contact with her and has a really kind heart.

akhliber: Back when I was in the negatives he was also one of the good folks that contacted me personally to let me know that I was welcome to enter for his giveaway which was a really nice gesture, but this was just a small sample of how compassionate and kind he is in all his interactions with people on the forum. I especially appreciated the topic of discussion that he created regarding mental illness which was really illuminating and heart warming for everyone that shared their experiences there.

OldFatGuy: Is just a really great guy with a good sense of humor that is always so deeply appreciative when anyone in the community helps him out with something that he returns in kind with incredible generosity to everyone on the forum. I really enjoyed his inventiveness with giveaways where he turned them into guess the number or card games for participants. As he told me himself it is just more fun to "Play games to win games".

Tarnicus: A really passionate and brave person who readily shares his personal life experiences and stories like an open book with anyone who cares to read his insightful posts on the forum. I really respect his honesty about his past indiscretions and the lessons learned that have helped him to grow as an individual. The interactions I have had with him have always been really pleasant and I greatly appreciate his candidness.

Dzsono: Responsible for creating an awesome Football World Cup 2014 pool which was the first ever such event that I was able to participate in and ended up having the most fun I have had on the forum by discussing the exciting matches and the controversies of the World Cup. If that wasn't enough he also made it a giveaway with a lot of games that were handed out to almost all the participants of the pool over a long period of time and he didn't take anything for himself despite doing all the work of organizing and distributing prizes.

Momo1991: She was nice enough to try and help me with my rep situation when it was in the pits a long while ago and empathized with the undeserved down repping I was receiving on a daily basis and offered to helpout with giving me games for a giveaway to improve it among other suggestions.She is the kind of person that goes far above and beyond what is usually expected from a friend let alone a fellow helpful forum member. She is truly a gem of a person who genuinely cares about everyone that is fortunate enough to know her and does everything in her power to assist them in any way she can. Her MAHAYO initiative for gifting games has had a really positive impact on the entire community and she always looks out for the best interests of the people here like a GOGmother.

Corwim: A name most people might not know as he doesn't post a lot on the forums but is really a nice individual who is genuninely passionate about games and the discussion about them as well as really invested in what GOG offers in terms of old DRM Free classics. We had some really nice talks via PM and I always found him to be very thoughtful and polite.
Post edited September 28, 2014 by stg83
Briareos262: He really surprised me with an incredible game gift on my birthday out of the blue which was just a genuinely wonderful gesture. Yet another awesome person that does not post regularly on the forum but is always there to make people happy with his amazing generosity through frequent giveaways.

chevkoch: He is one of the underappreciated and less recognized members of the forum. A genuinely great guy who was really thoughtful enough to try and counter the adverse affects of my negative rep days by giving a +1 to my posts. He also made even more of an effort by taking time out to write to support about my situation, which just left me awfully grateful to him because it seemed really incredible to me that someone would care to such a degree, that is something I haven't forgotten. He also does great giveaways to highlight various fun gaming events and is cool enough to respond to every post in all his giveaways. All in all a fantastic individual that really deserves more recognition.

grunthos64: A really great dude that I have gotten to know more personally through our various talks on pop culture and life experiences. I really admire his positive attitude despite the hardships he faces as well as his generosity despite that, since he has given away many good games here. I thoroughly enjoy my conversations with him and it is always a lot of fun to geek out on various topics. Lately I don't see him on the forum as much as before but I hope he comes around and starts frequenting the various threads here again.

IAmSinistar: The first time I saw him in action was during the very first insomnia promo on GOG where he was one of the main people helping out folks with games they had missed in the promo by gifting it to them which was just mind boggling for me back then. He was also one of the driving forces keeping the lively insomnia promo thread highly entertaining with his well thought out posts. After that the more time I spent on the forum the more I came to know of his amazing contributions here with a plethora of highly useful threads which provide a great service to the community. I am also very impressed with how he articulates and gets his ideas across in concise as well as extremely well written posts where nary a word seems wasted. It is always enlightening engaging in a discussion with him and I really appreciate how he always responds whenever anyone replies to one of his posts on the forum. In other words an indispensable and truly awesome member of this community without whom GOG would just not be the same.

trentonlf: A relatively new addition to the forum and who I first saw during the recent insomnia promo and immediately liked for his good natured posts. After that within in that short span of time he has been amazingly generous not just with the never ending series of giveaways but also for his contributions to various topics in the thread whether sharing a really personal story or just honest opinions. Recently I was able to have a really nice chat with him on favorite movies and I found that we have mostly similar taste in the various genres except for one discrepancy being "The Last Airbender". In short he is an amazingly great presence here on the forums who I truly appreciate for everything that he does for the community and I feel really fortunate that I got to know him.

Sage103082: A very sweet, gentle, caring and kind hearted person that I have had some really nice conversations with. A really wonderful new addition to the forum who is always polite and genuine in all her interactions here. She is always a pleasure to talk to and I really admire her for being a responsible young adult who not only looks after but also really cares deeply for her mother.

Ragnarblackmane: Is another really generous member that always has a really creative and fun participation criteria for his many giveaways. He has a lot of really interesting stories to tell in his posts on various topics of discussion. A really friendly and easy going fellow that is always nice to talk in the many conversations that we have had. I also like the fact that he is a dedicated Dwarf aficionado that always attests to their awesomeness no matter what.

Sachys: He was also really understanding and helpful when I had been enduring copious down repping for almost every post of mine a long while ago. He offered me some great advice and gave me insight on the whole situation by citing his own experience. I greatly appreciate his straight forward up front no bullshit approach when addressing various issues on the forum. I also enjoy his creative use of feces and sausage in his posts as well as other puns/references which I sometimes don't always get but they never fail to amuse me. One of the brains behind the remarkable TBBBBoB giveaway that has been a really wonderful platform for people to gift their games conveniently without concern for them reaching a suitable recipient. He is just an awesome chimp that is a consistent pillar of this community without whom this forum would be a really dull place.

foxworks: My introduction to him was via a gift in my PM for a game I was unable to get during a sale which is something I came to know he did not just for me but also many time for other people as well during various promos and sales on GOG. Since then I have gotten to know him through our various conversations. I have found him to be a remarkably great individual that is really nice and compassionate to everyone with random acts of generosity. I have immensely enjoyed all our banter and I am indebted to him for the numerous times that he has helped me out whether I have asked for it or not. I feel privileged to have gotten to know him via this forum and I am extremely grateful for everything he has done for me.

I would also like to express my appreciation and gratitude to all the folks that have humbled me with a nomination because I really don't do anything extraordinary on this forum other than trying not to be a dick to anyone. I would also like to say that I certainly can't threaten all the deserving nominees with a strike to their privates but I do request them not be modest for once and just accept the gracious gift if their name is drawn in this wonderful giveaway. :)
Post edited September 26, 2014 by stg83
Momo1991 & Dischord
I just realized I still haven't updated my entry to actually nominate some of the wonderful folks here. Life has been a bit more in-your-face overwhelming of late, and I've hardly even silently stalked the forums (which is normally my "thing," I suppose.) I'll be visiting with family tomorrow but will try and make a point to update my post this weekend.
In the meantime, I have about 3 hours to sleep before I need to leave for the folks' place, and though that should be plenty of sleep, that means I actually need to make myself lie down and close my eyes soon.
I just wanted to say for now that this giveaway has turned into a fantastic and uplifting read, and I'm grateful to all of you for your entries. Just reading the nominations for so many folks I know from around the forums (and many I should be more familiar with) has been a really nice experience. It helps me to see so many folks here from perspectives other than my own, and it's not that I find any of it surprising, as this community really is one of a kind in many ways, but it's quite refreshing to read so many kind words about how folks here have affected each other. I'm grateful to those who had kind words to say about me, of course, and it means a lot, but it's more than rewarding enough just to see such positive exchanges happening at all, and getting to read this thread has been a hell of a nice boost when I've taken the occasional moment to brave the forums, if even to lurk a bit. :)
Thanks again for such a considerate giveaway, and thanks to all of you who have shared stories along with your nominations. I'm not exactly at home in social situations, so I do a lot of "vicarious living," so to speak, and threads/conversations like this one are just a joy all around. Enough rambling for now, as I'm running out of time to squeeze in a nap before a new and busy-by-my-standards day begins. ;)
Edited my post! I criminally forgot to mention a couple of names...
Edited post 27 to add Barry, Dischord and samlii.
* Weekend Bump! *

Less than a week to go before the giveaway ends (Thursday 2nd October at 12:00 GMT). Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to nominate so far. It's wonderful to see just how many awesome members there are on the forum.
A couple of people who've not been mentioned yet:

RadonGOG for his fun photography contests. I absolutely love seeing all of the screens that everyone comes up with! Also for making me giggle every time he pushes Sacrifice. *snicker*
LinustheBold - I've just made his acquaintance recently, but found him to be very sweet and eager to please... as evidenced by his forcing a game on me after I gifted one to him. *laugh*
I'll nominate:

real.geizterfahr
Foxworks
Sachys

For the 100 and BBBBoB giveaways

Waltorious
kmonster
Orryyrro

For their help with Might and Magic
Post edited September 28, 2014 by ZFR