It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

\o/ \o/ \o/

Just caught up here.

First off, congrats to all winners are in order, you all very much deserve winning such a GA! That ruffle box sure knows its job! :-)

Next, I feel like the luckiest nominator - four out of the six winners were on my list, and my first pick won the grand prize! :-D
YEAH!!

ddickinson: [...] Writing down 100 names and folding 100 pieces of paper is not the most stimulating of things to do :-).

[...]
Photos or it never happened. ;-P

Oh, and drawing yourself must be the funniest and most ironic moment in the history of GOG GAs, though it goes to show that your ruffle box definitely knows who's deserving. ;-)
ddickinson: I will nominate a few members, as I don't want to be unfair and pick just 1. I limited it to just 5, but there are many more I could have mentioned.

To those who I nominate: No being humble and opting out! If you do not accept the nomination, then I will travel to your country, hunt you down, and kick you square in the nuts! :-)

Nominations: (in no particular order)

Sage103082 - For all of the wonderful conversations and discussions we have. For been awesome and gifting me some games, for always brightening my day and for been so kind and generous. She is one of the nicest people ever!

Ragnarblackmane - For being such an incredibly generous and interesting Dwarf. For his many history themes posts, interesting giveaways and for our conversations (he was the first person on GOG to PM me). It's always a pleasure talking to such a nice guy.

awalterj - For being one of the only Swiss agents sent by the Swiss government to infiltrate GOG HQ and come back out alive :-). But seriously, awalterj is another member that is just so kind, generous and helpful and is such a pleasure to talk to. For all his help and contributions on the Swiss edition of my Great Nations Giveaway (especially his beautiful paintings) and for hosting some wonderful giveaways with such interesting topics (and for gifting me a game even though I actually lost the giveaway).

ThePunishedSnake - I tried to nominate him during dr.schliemann's giveaway, but he decide to opt out. So I will try again, hopefully he will heed my warning above and not give me a reason to kick him square in the nuts, by opting out a second time :-). He has contributed some wonderful facts during my Italian themed giveaway, including some great photographs of a nearby waterfall in Italy. He has always been so nice and helpful and is one of my two favourite Italians on GOG.

Enebias - The second of my two favourite Italians here on GOG. Enebias has been such a wonderful person to meet on GOG. He has helped me with several of my giveaways, he is always so friendly and helpful and very generous. He also has some wonderful stories, such as his short time as an Interpol agent, hunting down the notorious Lupin :-).
I know I opted out, after some consideration, but rather than "To those who I nominate: No being humble and opting out! If you do not accept the nomination, then I will travel to your country, hunt you down, and kick you square in the nuts! :-) " I invite you to the States for a nice cup of tea and Warhammer 40,000 LAN gaming ;)

Congratulations to those who did win, and a humble thanks to everyone who nominated me.
high rated
Ragnarblackmane: I know I opted out, after some consideration, but rather than "To those who I nominate: No being humble and opting out! If you do not accept the nomination, then I will travel to your country, hunt you down, and kick you square in the nuts! :-) " I invite you to the States for a nice cup of tea and Warhammer 40,000 LAN gaming ;)
That sounds very nice. I will accept your offer, I will be right over for a nice cup of tea and some good Warhammer 40,000 LAN gaming. Then I will kick you in the nuts ;-).

HypersomniacLive: Photos or it never happened. ;-P
Here you go, proof that I have way too much time on my hands :-).

P.S. Sorry about the poor quality, I had to use an old camera.
Attachments:
raffle.jpg (201 Kb)
Post edited October 03, 2014 by ddickinson
Congrats to the winners and thanks ddickinson!
HypersomniacLive: Photos or it never happened. ;-P
ddickinson: Here you go, proof that I have way too much time on my hands :-).

We all love you. <3
ddickinson: Here you go, proof that I have way too much time on my hands :-).
Wow, you're amazing for putting so much care and effort into organizing this giveaway. Not that I ever doubted you like some skeptics but it is really good to see my name in your nice handwriting. ;)
ddickinson: [...]

Here you go, proof that I have way too much time on my hands :-).

Though it was just a silly joke, kudos ddickinson, you're a truly devoted fellow GOGer! :-)

IAmSinistar: Nothing as of yet. I am following ddickinson's suggestion that I wait until the Weekend Sale to see what is offered. Otherwise I will pluck some stuff from keeping an eye both on this thread and on your wishlist! ;-)

Now go get the Prince of Persia games! :-D
HypersomniacLive: Though it was just a silly joke, kudos ddickinson, you're a truly devoted fellow GOGer! :-)
I know you were only joking, but I thought I would show that there were almost 100 entries anyway. Luckily I had not yet thrown them into the recycling bin.

I noticed that IAmSinistar's luck carried over to the weekend promo. He wished for games and lady luck granted them. I have advised him to try the lottery, before his luck runs out :-).

dr.schliemann: We all love you. <3
Thank you. I was kind of hoping you would have won a prize, since you did give me the idea for the giveaway. But sadly I had to draw the line at six winners, if not I would have spend all my money gifting games.
Post edited October 03, 2014 by ddickinson
ddickinson: I know you were only joking, but I thought I would show that there were almost 100 entries anyway. Luckily I had not yet thrown them into the recycling bin.

I noticed that IAmSinistar's luck carried over to the weekend promo. He wished for games and lady luck granted them. I have advised him to try the lottery, before his luck runs out :-).
As Enebias said, it's (good) karma - with his virtues, mentality and good deeds, I doubt it'll run out. ;-)
HypersomniacLive: As Enebias said, it's (good) karma - with his virtues, mentality and good deeds, I doubt it'll run out. ;-)
Well, Enebias would know all about good karma, he is another one with good virtues, mentally and good deeds.

As for IAmSinistar, if that's the case, that his luck will never run out, maybe we should get him to get a lottery ticket for us as well :-).
ddickinson: Well, Enebias would know all about good karma, he is another one with good virtues, mentally and good deeds.

[...]
Very true indeed. :-)

ddickinson: [...]

As for IAmSinistar, if that's the case, that his luck will never run out, maybe we should get him to get a lottery ticket for us as well :-).
Being the person he is, I think he would. But to win we'd all need to have such good karma, and while it's safe to say so for you, myself (and others?) may jinx it.;-)

Besides, don't they say that if you've decided before hand to give the winnings away, you won't win?
HypersomniacLive: Being the person he is, I think he would. But to win we'd all need to have such good karma, and while it's safe to say so for you, myself (and others?) may jinx it.;-)

Besides, don't they say that if you've decided before hand to give the winnings away, you won't win?
Fair enough, I guess he wouldn't want to abuse his super luck powers anyway. He might become tempted to use them for evil, rather than use if for the forces of good, like he does on the forum :-).
ddickinson: As for IAmSinistar, if that's the case, that his luck will never run out, maybe we should get him to get a lottery ticket for us as well :-).
Actually that is sort of what happened during the Luck of the Irish promo GOG held a while ago. IAmSinistar was rolling a lot of rare games during the promo and being his usual generous self he was offering to help out those that weren't as lucky with the games they were trying for. :)
ddickinson: Fair enough, I guess he wouldn't want to abuse his super luck powers anyway. He might become tempted to use them for evil, rather than use if for the forces of good, like he does on the forum :-).
It'd have to be an immensely irresistible temptation, perhaps something out of this world? ;-)

stg83: Actually that is sort of what happened during the Luck of the Irish promo GOG held a while ago. IAmSinistar was rolling a lot of rare games during the promo and being his usual generous self he was offering to help out those that weren't as lucky with the games they were trying for. :)
I was among the fortunate ones he helped out during that promo. :-D

And what a promo true to its name it was! While most of us did indeed have the luck of the Irish, he was a shining and very welcome exception. :-)
HypersomniacLive: And what a promo true to its name it was! While most of us did indeed have the luck of the Irish, he was a shining and very welcome exception. :-)
Indeed, IAmSinistar was on a roll (no pun intended) in that promo. Despite my usual bad luck it was still a lot of fun to see who got what when rolling for their wanted games. :)