It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Strijkbout: That's because EA mostly writes their own Wikipedia pages. ;)
I think the PC versions weren't that well received because the games looked dated when they came out, though as far as I can tell the PC versions are equally as good as the console versions.
Nevertheless I wouldn't mind seeing them here as well, they're quite fun if you can get used to the controls.
tfishell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObcyInADfx4 makes Nuclear Strike look like a "lite"/very simple, but definitely, fun combat game. I grew up on those early 3D graphics, so I think it looks fine. ;)
I was more referring to Desert and Jungle Strike, they came out when you could also play Wing Commander IV for instance, which made these games look like what now are 16-bit style indie platformers compared to Far Cry 3 today.
Nuclear Strike was a pretty game, it had to show off 3D accelleration and left its console brethren in the dust in this case. =P
Time for victory laps, guys
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_heretic_kingdoms_the_inquisition/post5
Amazing work - well done!
Fever_Discordia: Time for victory laps, guys
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_heretic_kingdoms_the_inquisition/post5
Amazing work - well done!
Feels great! Now I'm psyched to try to recover more of them.
Kudos for all the hard work guys :)
tfishell: Amazon: Guardians of Eden
http://www.homeoftheunderdogs.net/game.php?id=49

"Overall, a fun and original adventure marred by illogical pixel-hunting puzzles and cliche writing. If you like B-movies, give this one a try. If you're looking for a thoughtful, serious adventure, look elsewhere."

Perhaps we could see this on GOG, too, if Wordplay LLC has the publishing rights too. On the other hand, it may not be a great game.
HypersomniacLive: I played this a very long time ago and though it's not the greatest, it's fun enough. It looks its age and there is the typical_of_the_era pixel-hunting, but the puzzles are not as bad as Home of the Underdogs make it sound, they're mostly pretty good though you get the frustrating timed type too.
It does have a B-movie feeling to it, but the good one that comes with enjoyable satirical humor.

For anyone interested, here's a review from and one from [url=http://www.allgame.com/game.php?id=12054&tab=review]AllGame.
It's possible the rights lie with Microsoft (since this is an Access Software game, and they bought them).
This is the first game I bought for my PC, the installer was really cool (gave you trivia questions during the disk swapping fun) and despite the pixel hunting there is a hint system you can use.
This game actually has a CDROM version with more speech and movies, but other than it just existing I cannot find any more information about it.
Good news, I got a LinkedIn response from Bernd Beyreuther at last. I am going to message him about Project Nomads and see if he still holds the rights, and if he would like to see it on GOG. I know I would. :)
Really nice job by IAmSinistar and tfishell. :)
mondo84: Really nice job by IAmSinistar and tfishell. :)
Indeed. Very very nice seeing this thread having real payoffs to the GOG library. Hopefully we will see more such results in the future :)
I hope with Heretic released, all of you guys who are working hard in this noble quest, get enough strength to keep in your path and know that all your efforts aren't in vain!!!
KUDOS!!!
IAmSinistar: Good news, I got a LinkedIn response from Bernd Beyreuther at last. I am going to message him about Project Nomads and see if he still holds the rights, and if he would like to see it on GOG. I know I would. :)
Killer!
IAmSinistar: Good news, I got a LinkedIn response from Bernd Beyreuther at last. I am going to message him about Project Nomads and see if he still holds the rights, and if he would like to see it on GOG. I know I would. :)
Ah, I thought you were talking about another game, which happened to be titled Project Nomad (singular). Reading up on this game, the blend of genres sounds really interesting, I hope Bernd will be able to help!
tfishell: Killer!
SCPM: Ah, I thought you were talking about another game, which happened to be titled Project Nomad (singular). Reading up on this game, the blend of genres sounds really interesting, I hope Bernd will be able to help!
Thanks guys, I'm pretty jazzed about the possibility of bringing Project Nomads here (even if the potential only exists in my fevered imaginings). It's one of the more obscure games that I own on CD, and I think it's ahead-of-its-time setting and gameplay would be an exciting rediscovery for folks here.

I'll let you know what I hear back from Bernd, though it may be a while as he seems to be a pretty busy fellow.
I thought I might chime in again after doing some thinking. Besides having to work on more important things in my life (earning money to pay off college loans mostly), I'm cautious about spending too much more time on this right now until we see more evidence that this thread is useful.

While keeping in mind obvious NDAs and whatnot, I'd like to hear something back about the Max Design games and Paul Turbett titles, the curiosity tweets that started it all. http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_that_are_unofficially_confirmed_for_release_in_the_future/post323

Moreso, I'm waiting to see if we get more abandonware classics - 1990s games - from current publishers we have aboard. I rattled off quite a few - I think the many are good games worth re-releasing - in this thread that theoretically could be brought (minus internal copyright/legal issues we don't know about) from current publishers. Again, there are obvious NDAs involved, but as far as I know we haven't seen any classic releases from big publishers (other than EA and, if they are big, Anumen) in months. My hope is that will change next year, but I'm cautious about it at the moment.

Now I do not want to sound ungrateful for what classics we have been getting. (Heck, I was gifted a free copy of Heretic Kingdoms by GOG/Turnipslayerr.) The GOG staff are great people, and Turnipslayerr has been especially kind in allowing me to bombard him at times with emails about potential games that could come.

But GOG is still ultimately a business, and right now I'm unsure as to GOG's future plans. Are they wanting to avoid working with big publishers in the coming years? Or is the problem with the publishers themselves? Is GOG trying to slowly remove what they started out doing and become a store that focuses on indies? (I was told otherwise, of course, but I'm wondering long-term.) Are they trying to compete more with Steam, becoming known as a DRM-free Steam? We heard there would be "big plans" for 2014 in a recent article, but I wonder if "big things" leans more towards new games - like Witcher 3 - than classics. Where is the new publisher we were suppose to get this fall? What about the Fallout games? Etc. etc.

But again, this is just me. :) Anybody that wants to is of course welcome to continue to research game rights, and I will probably still post in here and occasionally email Turnip. Hopefully my questions will be answered in the coming months.
Post edited November 29, 2013 by tfishell
One game I'd like to see here is Mindrover: The Europa Project. I'm pretty sure that all rights for the game reside with the creator, Kent Quirk, so if he is open to the idea of selling it again, it might be possible to get it here. The question is whether GOG will deem it worth their time. The game only has 21 votes on the wishlist, and as a programming game it does belong to a very "niche" genre. On the other hand, SpaceChem, another programming game, has done very well recently.

I'm unsure of how to proceed, but I assume the logical next step would be to ask Kent Quirk if he'd be interested in selling the game here. On the other hand, maybe it would be prudent first to ask GOG if they would actually sell the game. If they are not interested, the whole thing is pointless.
Wishbone: One game I'd like to see here is Mindrover: The Europa Project. I'm pretty sure that all rights for the game reside with the creator, Kent Quirk, so if he is open to the idea of selling it again, it might be possible to get it here. The question is whether GOG will deem it worth their time. The game only has 21 votes on the wishlist, and as a programming game it does belong to a very "niche" genre. On the other hand, SpaceChem, another programming game, has done very well recently.

I'm unsure of how to proceed, but I assume the logical next step would be to ask Kent Quirk if he'd be interested in selling the game here. On the other hand, maybe it would be prudent first to ask GOG if they would actually sell the game. If they are not interested, the whole thing is pointless.
To be honest, most of the time I was making contact and letting the rights' owner see if GOG would be interested in selling the game. But if you believe you'll get a decent response, it may save you some time if you check with GOG first.