It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We probably all disagree with some of the rules, but if it make it easier for Lone_scout to manage it like that it's ok, he did this for free in his spare time and sometimes it might be hard to giving away the keys when there is a big drop of key and a lot of request.
high rated
BurntNitrous: Snip
Just a few comments:
-I know some rules are unpopular, specially the ones about one key per post and no editing, but there are a few situations where those rules make sense and, to keep coherence, I prefer to keep those rules always active, even if most of the time they aren't really helpful.

-Users aren't judged on their rep score. Indeed, rep is quite useless, although it can be somewhat indicative of someone's activity. I try to search what, when and how users have participated in the forums, specially recent activity, or even posted some reviews (those are quite helpful and can reach a good number of people, even if there's no room for debate) to see if a certain person is "reputable"

-As for liking GOG, you don't really have to like it. The site has flaws everywhere, their CEOs make controversial, when not directly ### decisions... but it has a nice community of helpful gamers, and that's what this thread, among others, is trying to preserve. And DRM-Free games are a good reward, regardless the store they came from.

Any feedback is welcome, so thanks for your post anyway!
Kengy: Can I ask for Sanitarium? I missed the giveaway.
Oops, edited post. You almost caught me with this one :P
Denied for being an edited post.
Post edited June 20, 2022 by Lone_Scout
Lone_Scout: Just a few comments:
-I know some rules are unpopular, specially the ones about one key per post and no editing, but there are a few situations where those rules make sense and, to keep coherence, I prefer to keep those rules always active, even if most of the time they aren't really helpful.

-Users aren't judged on their rep score. Indeed, rep is quite useless, although it can be somewhat indicative of someone's activity. I try to search what, when and how users have participated in the forums, specially recent activity, or even posted some reviews (those are quite helpful and can reach a good number of people, even if there's no room for debate) to see if a certain person is "reputable"

-As for liking GOG, you don't really have to like it. The site has flaws everywhere, their CEOs make controversial, when not directly ### decisions... but it has a nice community of helpful gamers, and that's what this thread, among others, is trying to preserve. And DRM-Free games are a good reward, regardless the store they came from.

Any feedback is welcome, so thanks for your post anyway!
Lone_Scout: Oops, edited post. You almost caught me with this one :P
I edited the post because I offered to you a giftlink-game. And then I preffered to send it to you by a private message.
low rated
Lone_Scout: Any feedback is welcome, so thanks for your post anyway!
Lone_Scout: Oops, edited post. You almost caught me with this one :P
Ok...that post has redeemed my faith, especially the gamers comment...and I have to admit the denial at the end... as messed up as it is. I feel bad for the user denied (I missed the name before typing a long response), apologies.

Thats the one rule I would lose out of them all, even if it didn't help me--although it would have haha.

What is your issue with edited posts? Do you get notified every single time?

Like I said I meant no disrespect, to you or the forum, its just how I felt at the time. I don't particularly have an issue with GOG, I do have an issue with the forum format...particularly the user tagging style, just as much as the typo rule.

I love the DRM free factor, its the only place left where you can actually OWN your games in 'most' places, although it does prevent a lot of titles from landing here...the same way Epic has the most titles for still blocking offline play if the company insists upon it.

I also have to add that alot of games here that are DRM free, are simply DRM free and nobody bothers to dodge using a launcher, such as Trails of steel ...just as one example.

I'm a Steam user, through and through, not only because it was my first Launcher, but more for the older gamepad support, which unfortunately doesn't work well with Epic...so even with all those free games I barely even touch it except to try before I buy.

I have gamepads that works with any launcher, I just don't like the style of them lol.

Enough of my ranting, I did feel the need to respond and clarify I wasn't just trying to be a pric...your forum, your rules, your choice.

I respect what your doing enough to not be THAT guy, but it really did kind of eliminate the feeling of it being generosity for lack of a better way to put it. It felt like something you would do with expensive games, not skipped freebies. Guess I hopped in the wrong thread for that...doesn't help that the email for Venetica already had me in a bit of a mood and trying to figure out half the features was a mess.

Like I said the first time around...keep on keeping on. Cheers!
BurlyHeart: They're free games donated by people with money from their own pocket, and by an organizer who devoted their precious time to keep the whole thing going.

Stop complaining.
I gave a key myself after being denied, so why don't you read before you yap. Sorry (everyone else), that one irritated me.
Post edited June 21, 2022 by BurntNitrous
BurntNitrous: If you want to do things with the least amount of effort yourself, you should probably short hand the rules and judge a user on the user not a rep basis, some people just don't prefer GOG and it turns away people who would actually get involved in things in the long run.
When it comes to "community", people here mean many of us are here because we like playing / discussing older games and / or helping others out, and we'd still be here even if there were no giveaway at all so if "some people don't prefer GOG" need bribing to remain here, they're not really trying to be part of the community. (Sense of perspective - I waited a year before asking for my first game simply because it felt the right thing to do. A month really is nothing and flies by for those who are genuine).

BurntNitrous: I respect what your doing enough to not be THAT guy, but it really did kind of eliminate the feeling of it being generosity for lack of a better way to put it.
This isn't the first iteration of the giveaway and the rules are there for everyone for a reason. Example - you mentioned Indiegala (whose giveaways are often plagued with scammers using multiple sock-puppet accounts, "auto-clickers" for multiple-tickets, plus fake giveaways themselves). Well a short while ago there was a new user here named CTPAX001RUS who "flipped" 5x cheap Steam keys for 27x more expensive games then promptly vanished (made possible by the "fast track" system on the old giveaway threads that's wisely been scrapped). Then as soon as Lone-Scout's new giveaway was created, back he comes on this very thread begging for more games only to be rejected. He then completely vanished from the site (as predicted). Can you guess who's currently being called out on Indiegala's scammer thread for creating fake giveaways over there?... So clearly the "reputable active community presence" rules do work and are absolutely needed.
Attachments:
scammer.png (52 Kb)
Post edited June 21, 2022 by BrianSim
BurntNitrous: What is your issue with edited posts? Do you get notified every single time?
One of the reasons why editing is not allowed is that it could make it impossible to track the original order of requests for a particular game. When there is a big update, there are usually many requests over a short period of time, and the order matters.

If someone edits a post, they could change what game they had requested: e.g. let's say they originally requested Syberia and later edit the post and change it to Bombuzal. That would be unfair to others who had requested Bombuzal first before the edit, and it would also make it confusing for anyone else still planning their own requests - they could not trust that the contents of the requests so far are "final choices".

The vast majority of GOG giveaway participants are upstanding community members and would not intentionally do such misleading edits. However, even if someone does a harmless edit like a typo correction, the forum does not allow us to see what the change was, so there's no way to ensure an edit was harmless.
BurntNitrous:
Keep in mind that if you're denied for momentary rule violations, such as an edited post or asking for more than one game in a post, you can just ask again, respecting the rules, if that game's still available.

And DiffuseReflection explained the reason for the no editing rule. And it's a rule to keep things clear, to remove any possible feeling of arbitrary decisions. If the rules are clear and strict, it makes it easier for the GA admin but also prevents any discussions about supposedly favoring one or another if decisions are made on a case by case basis.

(And what typo rule?)
Hi Lone_Scout, as there are quite keys and they will expire soon...

Can i nominate Kengy for Sanitarium?
Lone_Scout: Daggered Keys:

Beautiful Desolation (x2) (†)
Hello Lone_Scout,
May I have one of Beautiful Desolation (†)?
Mucho Gracias :)
high rated
argamasa: Can i nominate Kengy for Sanitarium?
Sure. Just let him know about the nomination.
BlackThorny: May I have one of Beautiful Desolation (†)?
Mucho Gracias :)
Granted. בבקשה
grynn: Hi, may I have Bombuzal if it's still available? I remember playing this on Amiga 500 :D
Sorry, somehow I skipped your request. Granted.
Post edited June 21, 2022 by Lone_Scout
Can I ask for a Deponia key?
grynn: Hi, may I have Bombuzal if it's still available? I remember playing this on Amiga 500 :D
Lone_Scout: Sorry, somehow I skipped your request. Granted.
No worries :) Thanks to you & Doc.
Id like a Beautiful Desolation (†)
key please, thank you
Post edited June 23, 2022 by josh72718
high rated
josh72718: Id like a Beautiful Desolation (†)
key please, thank you
Since I expect Lone_Scout will be denying your request for having edited your post (see rule #7)...

Nominating josh72718 for Beautiful Desolation (†).
Ruvika: Can I ask for a Deponia key?
Granted.
josh72718: Id like a Beautiful Desolation (†)
key please, thank you
mrkgnao: Since I expect Lone_Scout will be denying your request for having edited your post (see rule #7)...

Nominating josh72718 for Beautiful Desolation (†).
You saved josh72718 :)
Accepted, but this user still needs to change chat privacy settings in order to receive gift codes.
Post edited June 24, 2022 by Lone_Scout