It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

te_lanus: snip
Licurg: Just a thought - maybe you should remove it from your post too :P
He has.
Hello,

I'm new to this site (just started using gog a few months ago) and this is the first time I have really taken a look into the Community pages. I have to admit that I am highly impressed with the generosity and the quality of the people that use this community. I have a feeling that I am going to like this place! Finally, a community where people give and share with each other without trying to make one another feel stupid or little for asking questions and making typos or grammer mistakes.

One question.....how do you gift a game to someone? Like I had said, I am new here and don't know exacly how things work. Thanks :)
Azrael0077: One question.....how do you gift a game to someone? Like I had said, I am new here and don't know exacly how things work. Thanks :)
When you check out, be sure to check "Select to gift this order". If you know the other person's email, enter it, OR you can enter YOUR email and then PM the code to the person you wish to gift.

It's important to note that ALL games in the checkout will be on ONE code.
Azrael0077: Hello,

I'm new to this site (just started using gog a few months ago) and this is the first time I have really taken a look into the Community pages. I have to admit that I am highly impressed with the generosity and the quality of the people that use this community. I have a feeling that I am going to like this place! Finally, a community where people give and share with each other without trying to make one another feel stupid or little for asking questions and making typos or grammer mistakes.

One question.....how do you gift a game to someone? Like I had said, I am new here and don't know exacly how things work. Thanks :)
1.Buy it
2. At the checkout page, mark the "This is a gift" tab and the send it to your own e-mail.
3. Go to My Account - My Games - Gifts and copy/paste the code into the PM box of the person you want to give it to.

That's all there is too it. Feel free to practice on me if you want =))
Azrael0077: One question.....how do you gift a game to someone? Like I had said, I am new here and don't know exacly how things work. Thanks :)
D'oh! Ninja'd! :)
Post edited April 07, 2013 by akhliber
adambiser: When you check out, be sure to check "Select to gift this order". If you know the other person's email, enter it, OR you can enter YOUR email and then PM the code to the person you wish to gift.

It's important to note that ALL games in the checkout will be on ONE code.
I'll keep in mind that all games purchased at one time will have one code! Thanks for the tip!
Azrael0077: Hello,

Licurg: 1.Buy it
2. At the checkout page, mark the "This is a gift" tab and the send it to your own e-mail.
3. Go to My Account - My Games - Gifts and copy/paste the code into the PM box of the person you want to give it to.

That's all there is too it. Feel free to practice on me if you want =))
Do people just list games here that they want or do you have to access thier wishlists in some way? Sorry for all the questions!
Post edited April 07, 2013 by Azrael0077
Azrael0077: Do people just list games here that they want or do you have to access thier wishlists in some way? Sorry for all the questions!
They list their wishes in this thread.

You can also upload your wishlist to gogwiki.com (an unofficial fan made site).
ie: [url=http://www.gogwiki.com/wiki/User:Adambiser]Mine on the site[/url]
This is done using Barefoot Essentials.

By the way, not looking for gifts.
Post edited April 07, 2013 by adambiser
Azrael0077: Do people just list games here that they want or do you have to access thier wishlists in some way? Sorry for all the questions!
This is a thread where people list their wishlists. Alternatively, they can post them on the GOGwiki. If you want to see a user's profile on the GOGwiki, just press on their username, and if they have an account there, you'll see their shelf(with the games they own) and their wishlists on the bottom. BTW, I was just joking, don't need anything ATM :) But if you'd like to make my day, buy yourself Sacrifice, which is one of the best games ever made, but one of the least-known as well.
Licurg: just press on their username,
Barefoot_Monkey's Essentials needed for this feature. Just saying :P
adambiser: They list their wishes in this thread.

You can also upload your wishlist to gogwiki.com (an unofficial fan made site).
ie: [url=http://www.gogwiki.com/wiki/User:Adambiser]Mine on the site[/url]
This is done using Barefoot Essentials.

By the way, not looking for gifts.
Licurg: If you want to see a user's profile on the GOGwiki, just press on their username, and if they have an account there, you'll see their shelf(with the games they own) and their wishlists on the bottom.
Really? Shit, where have I been?!
Licurg: just press on their username,
JMich: Barefoot_Monkey's Essentials needed for this feature. Just saying :P
Hmm... So if someone who doesn't have BME presses on my username, they won't be sent to my Wikipage?
Licurg: If you want to see a user's profile on the GOGwiki, just press on their username, and if they have an account there, you'll see their shelf(with the games they own) and their wishlists on the bottom.
tinyE: Really? Shit, where have I been?!
The fuck should I know? :P
Post edited April 07, 2013 by Licurg
Wait, what do you mean press on their user name? You mean click?
Licurg: Hmm... So if someone who doesn't have BME presses on my username, they won't be sent to my Wikipage?
Usernames ain't clickable without BME.And also, why should GOG link to a 3rd party website? The GOGWiki is community driven after all.
Licurg: Hmm... So if someone who doesn't have BME presses on my username, they won't be sent to my Wikipage?
JMich: Usernames ain't clickable without BME.And also, why should GOG link to a 3rd party website? The GOGWiki is community driven after all.
Thought it was owned by GOG LOL :/