It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

drealmer7: but ummm, yeah, they's not too good with programming on the internets, probably too complex for them
i guess it's simply too complex, when i learnt how the account creation could be abused so easily... i would say they have some security problems, so atm implementing this is not a good idea...
tinyE: You were gone an entire month?

Seriously, I asked a Blue, who shall remain unnamed, about this and his take is that they won't do anything about something they technically don't endorse doing.

The way he laid it out was that the only people guilty of anything were those willing to do trades and GAs in the 1st place.

There is your answer.
DyNaer: i guess the blue starts with a J :P

but yes, that's mainly true, i got the same answer from J. , and just answered, right now trading is part of the community, so telling to the entires users to stop doing this, is the wrong way how to solve the issue. Because there will always some users who won't stop to doing this...

where i don't get it , since the time GOG allows to gift games (GOG ones) , why trading wasn't implemented....too hard or they simply were too naive.?
To be fair, they never could have seen it coming that people would start gifting and trading like mad. I think the intended use was to gift it to somebody you already know, hence why you insert their email address.
Of course, that being said, the issue is that it IS going on and they're doing nothing to help it.
My personal take on is that they never will do anything because they've repeatedly stated that the community is not a focus for them. They want to focus on the actual moneymakers, not the people who they've already got as loyal customers or who have already bought up nigh half their games.
zeogold: You can report them by making a support ticket about it, but I get the feeling that if they had such a feature, the scammers would abuse it.

Also, welcome back, whoever you are.
Considering they have multiple alts I wouldn't trust the fact they could even handle managing those very same users with the same connected accounts og gmail, hotmail, or outlook, I remember back with Youtube they started removing those accounts and 40% of the popular content creators got the shaft.

Also thank you, I am not really that important however so don't worry about it, I was just making the observation that with such an explosion of accounts right here connected to each you would think they could at least trouble shoot the thought.

tinyE: You were gone an entire month?

Seriously, I asked a Blue, who shall remain unnamed, about this and his take is that they won't do anything about something they technically don't endorse doing.

The way he laid it out was that the only people guilty of anything were those willing to do trades and GAs in the 1st place.

There is your answer.
I should have been on the lookout to datamine this issue, but if they are gonna pull that, is like taking around the fact you are putting up a shop, and you get robbed, or you try to donate food in the street, and people JUMP you, I see the point, but that doesn't excuse the fact one that this website has running code to which YOU CAN TRACK THIS ACCOUNTS onto the connection of others then have it automated if they have connected browser accounts, it might be a hassle to just do it, hell I see the point, but the extension of this problem with GOG's non-methos to solution BAFFLE ME
GioVio123: I should have been on the lookout to datamine this issue, but if they are gonna pull that, is like taking around the fact you are putting up a shop, and you get robbed, or you try to donate food in the street, and people JUMP you, I see the point, but that doesn't excuse the fact one that this website has running code to which YOU CAN TRACK THIS ACCOUNTS onto the connection of others then have it automated if they have connected browser accounts, it might be a hassle to just do it, hell I see the point, but the extension of this problem with GOG's non-methos to solution BAFFLE ME
I'd guess there are some things they really aren't allowed to do. It may have to do something with privacy and maybe some additional laws. They may want to prevent to be "Big Brother" and accidentally close legit accounts ect. like steam does nearly every day (as a legit owner I value every day I can still access my account there). They also already closed some accounts for which they had enough proof but when is enough reallöy enough? Were is the line between security and privacy crossed? I don't say I completely agree to GOGs policy here but I say that I can understand it a bit. It's nearly the same with their policy to not censor anything in the forums - I like this freedom and too much control destroys this kind of freedom a bit imo.
MarkoH01: I'd guess there are some things they really aren't allowed to do. It may have to do something with privacy and maybe some additional laws. They may want to prevent to be "Big Brother" and accidentally close legit accounts ect. like steam does nearly every day (as a legit owner I value every day I can still access my account there). They also already closed some accounts for which they had enough proof but when is enough reallöy enough? Were is the line between security and privacy crossed? I don't say I completely agree to GOGs policy here but I say that I can understand it a bit. It's nearly the same with their policy to not censor anything in the forums - I like this freedom and too much control destroys this kind of freedom a bit imo.
it's mostly GOG's fault ; some design flaws and security issues , "users" who have scammed / impersonated some others users have throw away their privacy if you ask me , but that's my point of view. And impersonating someone is a private issue....

for the censorship or not ; yes sure, so you can allow someone to mock a user because he got a cancer, no sorry, the line has been crossed this time, and the user who crossed this line , should have been banned forever. > check the policies , IF you have really checked them : GOG didn't applied those for this case. I'm not a fan of censorship, but when a line is crossed, action must be taken... which it's not the case.
Post edited February 19, 2016 by DyNaer
low rated
MarkoH01: I'd guess there are some things they really aren't allowed to do. It may have to do something with privacy and maybe some additional laws. They may want to prevent to be "Big Brother" and accidentally close legit accounts ect. like steam does nearly every day (as a legit owner I value every day I can still access my account there). They also already closed some accounts for which they had enough proof but when is enough reallöy enough? Were is the line between security and privacy crossed? I don't say I completely agree to GOGs policy here but I say that I can understand it a bit. It's nearly the same with their policy to not censor anything in the forums - I like this freedom and too much control destroys this kind of freedom a bit imo.
DyNaer: it's mostly GOG's fault ; some design flaws and security issues , "users" who have scammed / impersonated some others users have throw away their privacy if you ask me , but that's my point of view. And impersonating someone is a private issue....

for the censorship or not ; yes sure, so you can allow someone to mock a user because he got a cancer, no sorry, the line has been crossed this time, and the user who crossed this line , should have been banned forever. > check the policies , IF you have really checked them : GOG didn't applied those for this case. I'm not a fan of censorship, but when a line is crossed, action must be taken... which it's not the case.
:(
But,it's perfectly ok to abuse parents and family?
Post edited February 19, 2016 by Tauto
DyNaer: it's mostly GOG's fault ; some design flaws and security issues , "users" who have scammed / impersonated some others users have throw away their privacy if you ask me , but that's my point of view. And impersonating someone is a private issue....
I agree with you but the problem here does seem to prevent other innocent users from being harmed as well with too much security and privacy invasion.
MarkoH01: I agree with you but the problem here does seem to prevent other innocent users from being harmed as well with too much security and privacy invasion.
There's quite some room for improvments , starting to apply properly ALL their policies (which isn't something to hard to do)

second : changing the account creation which is totaly silly.

third : no more all caps in chat.

and probably some more... but i'm kinda agree with you... & since trades are not officials ; well there are easy preys for the moment -> you know Judas stance on this matter ? right .
Post edited February 19, 2016 by DyNaer
MarkoH01: I agree with you but the problem here does seem to prevent other innocent users from being harmed as well with too much security and privacy invasion.
DyNaer: There's quite some place for improvments , starting to apply properly their policies (which isn't something to hard to do)

second changing the account creation which is totaly silly.

third : no more all caps in chat.

and probably some more... but i'm kinda agree with you... & since trades are not officials ; well there are easy preys for the moment -> you know Judas stance on this matter ? right .
in meanwhile someone probably got scammed by one of scammer impersonator.
DyNaer: second : changing the account creation which is totaly silly.
Why, that's nonsense!
It's not like any idiot can come on here and make an alt account impersonating you within the span of just under 2 minutes or something.
Not at all.
It's a completely ridiculous notion, really.
Not sure why anybody would believe that.

Oh a side note, hey, does anybody want to trade me their entire trading list for The Witcher 3? It's a totally legit copy, you guys.
Post edited February 19, 2016 by DyNaer_Fake
Edit
Post edited February 19, 2016 by MarkoH01
GioVio123: I am gone for AN ENTIRE MONTH and GOG still doesn't allow a report/inspect account feature?

WHAT THE HELL?!
zeogold: You can report them by making a support ticket about it, but I get the feeling that if they had such a feature, the scammers would abuse it.

Also, welcome back, whoever you are.
Oops... How do I unreport myself?

Hashtag trolling :)

They said this groupon would work, and it most certainly did not!
if anyone feels generous: RollerCoaster Tycoon: Deluxe from the current promo :D Thanx
high rated
te_lanus: if anyone feels generous: RollerCoaster Tycoon: Deluxe from the current promo :D Thanx
Done, the game is now yours. Enjoy. I know I had many hours of fun with it.
Small wish from the current sale: Act of War: Gold. Please consider others first and thanks to all the generous people here.