It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Emob78: He must be. He just asked me for my Riddick code, then I saw that someone had gifted one to him yesterday. I hope he realizes he only needs one code to get the game... that or we have a scammer afoot.
edgar1: Not a scammer, I gave them to my Russian friends, who were unaware of GOG. I checked thread, found nothing about regifting. Did I break a rule by accident? If so, I am sorry.
I see it like this (and others can weigh in) but if someone gifts you something, it was meant to be yours to enjoy. If you were seeking a gift for another, it would be best to disclose that to the gifter, otherwise it looks like you're just hoarding keys and that is frowned on.

On the other hand, there are those that say because there was no agreement with what you're to do with the key, you're free to do with it what you wish. I do not agree.
Have to agree with foxworks on this one. If you're re-gifting the game to someone else, let the gift giver know. It's common courtesy.

EDIT: Seriously? Why negrep it so badly it gets hidden?
Post edited November 14, 2015 by u2020bullet
edgar1: Not a scammer, I gave them to my Russian friends, who were unaware of GOG. I checked thread, found nothing about regifting. Did I break a rule by accident? If so, I am sorry.
foxworks: I see it like this (and others can weigh in) but if someone gifts you something, it was meant to be yours to enjoy. If you were seeking a gift for another, it would be best to disclose that to the gifter, otherwise it looks like you're just hoarding keys and that is frowned on.

On the other hand, there are those that say because there was no agreement with what you're to do with the key, you're free to do with it what you wish. I do not agree.
Thank you. Again, my mistake.
edgar1: Thank you. Again, my mistake.
Either way, for a giveaway the key is given to a person to:
a) redeem it directly to THEIR account, on the premise that
b) he/she do NOT have it yet

In case, you want to gift this key further, you should explicitly state upfront to whom (in chat or forum) and the key will be given to that person directly. This is because for a gift, it is expected that a person really wants to play the title and add it to his/her library directly - and not to collect them in order to trade(exchange) or hoard; because such action deprives those who want it from the original goal.

Thus, giveaway key should not be transfered, sold, exchanged (traded) (this is difference to Trading). This is considered against the guidelines for the GiveAway. A gift is to enjoy and not to conduct business.

Trading on the other side, is result from exchange and thus there are no account transfer restrictions.

I did not invent these rules, this is how they are percieved by majority of the community to just to keep GOG an enjoyable place.

I am russian, and I see no reason why your anonymous friend couldn´t register on GOG, and you ask upfront in chat or on forum that you desire this key for him. A hoarding of keys for the reason to give them to anonymous destination is per definition - scamming. While I sense no bad purpose behind your particular case, I suggest you just state your intent upfront to the giver to prevent confusion.
Post edited November 14, 2015 by Lin545
snip
Post edited November 14, 2015 by Lin545
u2020bullet: Have to agree with foxworks on this one. If you're re-gifting the game to someone else, let the gift giver know. It's common courtesy.

EDIT: Seriously? Why negrep it so badly it gets hidden?
My explanation was negrepped as well.
edgar1: My explanation was negrepped as well.
Saw that, I upvoted your posts. I see honest response and there is nothing wrong with making mistakes.
Lin545: Saw that, I upvoted your posts. I see honest response and there is nothing wrong with making mistakes.
Thank you Lin :)
edgar1: Thank you. Again, my mistake.
Lin545: Either way, for a giveaway the key is given to a person to:
a) redeem it directly to THEIR account, on the premise that
b) he/she do NOT have it yet

In case, you want to gift this key further, you should explicitly state upfront to whom (in chat or forum) and the key will be given to that person directly. This is because for a gift, it is expected that a person really wants to play the title and add it to his/her library directly - and not to collect them in order to trade(exchange) or hoard; because such action deprives those who want it from the original goal.

Thus, giveaway key should not be transfered, sold, exchanged (traded) (this is difference to Trading). This is considered against the guidelines for the GiveAway. A gift is to enjoy and not to conduct business.

Trading on the other side, is result from exchange and thus there are no account transfer restrictions.

I did not invent these rules, this is how they are percieved by majority of the community to just to keep GOG an enjoyable place.

I am russian, and I see no reason why your anonymous friend couldn´t register on GOG, and you ask upfront in chat or on forum that you desire this key for him. A hoarding of keys for the reason to give them to anonymous destination is per definition - scamming. While I sense no bad purpose behind your particular case, I suggest you just state your intent upfront to the giver to prevent confusion.
Может быть, потому что он никогда не слышал о GOG.com, а покупает игры через Steam?
>sold, exchanged (traded)
>A gift is to enjoy and not to conduct business
I DID NOT sell or exchange the keys, I DID NOT conduct business with them and I DID NOT trade them, since I have received NOTHING in return(does gratitude count?).
Lin545: Saw that, I upvoted your posts. I see honest response and there is nothing wrong with making mistakes.
Thank you Lin. :)
Post edited November 14, 2015 by edgar1
Emob78: He must be. He just asked me for my Riddick code, then I saw that someone had gifted one to him yesterday. I hope he realizes he only needs one code to get the game... that or we have a scammer afoot.
EDIT: I posted explanation and it gets negative rep... Brilliant.
Hey edgar1, maybe you are a honest person who made some mistakes, but I think you won't dispute that we have reason to suspect foul play. You got at least two Torchlight keys plus two Riddick's.

Since you claim you are innocent I propose a simple test: ask this russian friend of yours to have a chat conversation with Lin545, in russian language, in up to three days. He will have to register on GOG to redeem those keys after all. If he does talk to someone who speaks russian, your story will check out and all is forgiven.

But if he doesn't, we'll have all the reason to believe this russian friend of yours is just one lie in an attempt to cover a series of lies.

Edit: hmmm it appears you're working on that. I'll defer to whatever Lin545 says.
Post edited November 14, 2015 by joppo
EDIT: I posted explanation and it gets negative rep... Brilliant.
joppo: Hey edgar1, maybe you are a honest person who made some mistakes, but I think you won't dispute that we have reason to suspect foul play. You got at least two Torchlight keys plus two Riddick's.

Since you claim you are innocent I propose a simple test: ask this russian friend of yours to have a chat conversation with Lin545, in russian language, in up to three days. He will have to register on GOG to redeem those keys after all. If he does talk to someone who speaks russian, your story will check out and all is forgiven.

But if he doesn't, we'll have all the reason to believe this russian friend of yours is just one lie in an attempt to cover a series of lies.

Edit: hmmm it appears you're working on that. I'll defer to whatever Lin545 says.
Okay, it seems that everyone is confused so please let me explain. I had two keys for Riddick and two for torchlight. I redeemed one key for Riddick and one key for Torchlight for myself. After that, seeing as I had a "spare" key for Riddick, I posted it on Russian anonymous imageboard(which is why I asked about anonymous imageboards and giving away keys there), saying it was free for whoever wants it/grabs it first. Shortly after, another post appearing saying "Спасибо. Держи кота." with a picture of a cat underneath mine(does that count as currency/selling/trading? I dont know of any place that accepts pictures of cats as payment). That was it for Riddick key. Your Torchlight key HAS NOT been redeemed or posted anywhere, still sitting im my chat. Thank you for listening.

EDIT: My apologies, its key given to me by LYN45, that I have not redeemed. Yours I activated for myself.
Attachments:
banhammer.png (219 Kb)
Post edited November 14, 2015 by edgar1
edgar1: Может быть, потому что он никогда не слышал о GOG.com, а покупает игры через Steam?
I think google translate is sufficiently capable today to translate my ramblings below.
Edgar1 was collecting the keys with good (in his initial opinion) intent - to gift them to his friend, who is currenly only on Steam, and this way - invite him to and introduce him to GOG. About the only ... improper.. thing he did, was to not announce that beforehand - when he asked for the keys; that is what lead to (pretty justified) escalating suspicion around his intent, due to missing information. I offer to not overreact and to put the fire(misunderstanding) with water(facts), not gasoline(accusations).

EDIT: Apparently by "friend" he meant "friends" on anonymous imageboard. Judging by images he attached, its some sort of discussion group in "2chan". In quote above, he says that all his "friends" there use Steam.
On one hand, he is marketing the GOG there. On other hand, this is still rerouting of gift-keys, which is against from me-to-you mentality. Such a way to market GOG is against Giveaway approach, as anyone can start grabbing them there or registering just to redeem them and then sell the account. So, its still a violation.

Edgar1, как я расписал ранее, ваши действия в самом начале (не сейчас) стали неожиданно напоминать собирателя ключей. Такие, к сожалению, тут имеются и по понятным причинам - их мало кто любит.

Далее, вы испытываете эффект волны от того, что много людей в разной точке времени осознали, что вы возможно не чисты на руку - но они еще не получили полную картину. Это может вывести вас из равновесия, а как известно, именно так разгораются конфликты на пустом месте.

Давайте пойдем вверх по течению - выдохните, улыбнитесь, оправьте их при всех вопросах на этот пост, указывая на недопонимание.

Никто вас сейчас не в чем не обвиняет, лишь просят впредь придерживаться негласных правил подарков и не собирать их, а делиться - что означает, если вы просите не для себя, просто огласите для кого именно. Это исключит все сомнения недобросовестного использования.

=)

ЗЫ
Покупать игры на GOG значительно лучше, чем на Steam, хотя бы потому, что эта игра - ваша и вы можете использовать её в своих личных целях как угодно (в разумных пределах), не переживая что у вас что-то угонять, отнимут или удалят. Это как покупать не просто диск, а электронную версию - легально, без царапин, и без мешающих её использовать защит.
Функциональность стима вроде достижений и прочего будет реализована через клиент GOG Galaxy, который также является полностью опциональным.

ПРАВКА: Хочу еще раз повторить - распространять дареные ВАМ ключи вне ГОГ или передавать их без согласия того кто дарит - не принято, хотя это и "жест доброй воли". Это быстрый способ попасть в список скаммеров. Автор каждого ключа видит кто на самом деле его активировал, поэтому.. давайте играть по правилам.
Attachments:
2.png (51 Kb)
Post edited November 15, 2015 by Lin545
Lin545: Edgar1 was collecting the keys with good (in his initial opinion) intent - to gift them to his friend, who is currenly only on Steam, and this way - invite him to and introduce him to GOG. ....
Sorry, but I am confused. This does not quite fit with his former explanation

"Okay, it seems that everyone is confused so please let me explain. I had two keys for Riddick and two for torchlight. I redeemed one key for Riddick and one key for Torchlight for myself. After that, seeing as I had a "spare" key for Riddick, I posted it on Russian anonymous imageboard(which is why I asked about anonymous imageboards and giving away keys there), saying it was free for whoever wants it/"

So either he really WANTED to have more keys to give them away to friends or he ACCIDENTALLY got multiple keys and gave them away. So what is it? I don't want to get paranoid (with all those scammers around lately) but I am confused here.
high rated
I have a spare Banished code, if someone wants it then let me know.

Edit: Thanks for the enquiries. Several people have PMed me now, and the code is gone. My apologies to those who missed it. :)
Post edited November 15, 2015 by The_Hampton
The_Hampton: I have a spare Banished code, if someone wants it then let me know.

Edit: Thanks for the enquiries, several people have PMed me now, and the code is gone. My apologies to those who missed it. :)
A huge thank you for Banished, you made my day, finally something nice and relaxing i can play, hopefully it also helps with my headaches. :)