It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

One Dagger game request - Mahjongg Investigations: Under Suspicion :)
zeogold: Feature update:
[...]
What "retirement" means is that the game in question will be pulled from the list after it's been up and daggered for an unusually long time. I will, however, still be attempting to give said games away, simply through other websites.
[...]
Why pull them from here? You can list them on other websites without pulling them from here. Just list that they up for grab elsewhere too. Just my personal suggestion.

Would you be doing this for the GOG thread too?
zeogold: [...[ Now that I'm back home [...]
How was the vacation btw?
Post edited August 01, 2017 by bhrigu
Welcome back from your vacation.
Hope you had a nice breather.

May I please have Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel ?
What "retirement" means is that the game in question will be pulled from the list after it's been up and daggered for an unusually long time. I will, however, still be attempting to give said games away, simply through other websites. What I will use this for, as I have explained to some of the donors of GOG freebies who've agreed to let me give away their codes elsewhere, is advertisement. Simply put, I'll be reaching out to the people who get these games and encourage them to check out GOG (usually by accompanying them with a GOG freebie), explain what DRM is (which I usually have to do with those who've never heard of GOG) and let them know it's where I'm from and that they should get an account and check out the store.
That sounds like a good idea. It would help GOG at least some as I believe this forum and GOG are the last few remaining good/decent (depending on how you want to look at it) remaining rays of hope on the web. I'd say go for it with all deliberate speed.
As someone who I think still has 1-few keys still up there I have no objection to the proposed plan.

Also, can I request Nightmares from the Deep 2?

bhrigu: Why pull them from here? You can list them on other websites without pulling them from here. Just list that they up for grab elsewhere too. Just my personal suggestion.
IIRC, the main constraint is space in the posts, which is capped by # of characters. Not that different from a retail store, at some point merch that isn't selling becomes a liability from having floor space from other games, plus the maintenance and clutter, etc.
zeogold: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Great update zeo, may I request this game?
I've thought long and hard about this, but after much deliberation, I've decided it's for the best. In the interest of space, some games which are simply impossible to get rid of will be "retired" from the list. These are the "Mostly Negative" ones with the only positive offsets being joke reviews which I can dagger six ways to Sunday until they've lost half their blood and still refuse to die, the ones that have committed digital suicide from Digital Homicide, have been removed from Steam and banished from their homeland, and I'm 98% sure that the only way I'd realistically be able to give any of them to anybody on here within the next 5 years is to buy multiple copies of The Witcher 3 and force people to take five of these for each copy they ask for. You get the picture. I could use my previous method of "everything on the list is daggered", but all it would do is result in the same games causing the clog-up getting left behind.
What "retirement" means is that the game in question will be pulled from the list after it's been up and daggered for an unusually long time. I will, however, still be attempting to give said games away, simply through other websites. What I will use this for, as I have explained to some of the donors of GOG freebies who've agreed to let me give away their codes elsewhere, is advertisement. Simply put, I'll be reaching out to the people who get these games and encourage them to check out GOG (usually by accompanying them with a GOG freebie), explain what DRM is (which I usually have to do with those who've never heard of GOG) and let them know it's where I'm from and that they should get an account and check out the store.
This does not mean that such games should not be donated to the giveaway. The donors entrust me to ensure that their codes are not being taken by scammers, and I'll be doing exactly that (nothing goes to the wind such like Ninja Giveaway).

I post this to make sure the community's aware what's going on, and also to run it by you all. If you guys aren't ok with the idea, I'll nix it, but this is my current plan.
I have to say that I am not entitrely sure what this means but for me it sounds as if you are trying to get rid of those keys elsewhere. Maybe the best way simply would be to contact the donors so they could decide if they want you to do whatevery you want with them or if they want to take them back or start their own thread for those keys. But it might be that this woul be too much work for you making this impossible or just not worth it. Anyway - just my 2 ct. that the final decision should come from the donors since them bought those keys in the first place.
Post edited August 01, 2017 by MarkoH01
zeogold:
MaxFulvus: Ok, if it's your ultimate solution... but why not to bring back the daggered or unwanted games here and replace them with the new donations at the top of the thread, with a link leading to the retired list ? Or better, put the list in a Google spreedsheet like for the taken keys ? Space saved !
I considered doing this, but my concern is simply that the games will never be taken. There's only a limited pool of askers on the forum. I'm content to hold on to them for a good while if that's what's wanted, but my line of thinking is that it would be better to give to someone who'd use them, and use the opportunity to inform people about GOG.
kusumahendra: Also you might want to consider putting them on an external site like you do with given-game list, put the link and tell that they are the dagger-ed games and people are welcome to ask for it.
I'll be doing that.
bhrigu: Why pull them from here? You can list them on other websites without pulling them from here. Just list that they up for grab elsewhere too. Just my personal suggestion.

Would you be doing this for the GOG thread too?
As Bler said, in the interest of space. I'll be putting them on a separate list, though.

No, I won't do this for the GOG thread, though I have asked some donors who give freebies if I can use some of said freebies for advertisement. There's plenty of room there and the games flow fairly steadily. The only time I'll ever move a game from the GOG giveaway to an external place is if the key is in danger of expiring, and at that I'll wait until at least the day before expiration to do so.
MarkoH01: I have to say that I am not entitrely sure what this means but for me it sounds as if you are trying to get rid of those keys elsewhere. Maybe the best way simply would be to contact the donors so they could decide if they want you to do whatevery you want with them or if they want to take them back or start their own thread for those keys. But it might be that this woul be too much work for you making this impossible or just not worth it. Anyway - just my 2 ct. that the final decision should come from the donors since them bought those keys in the first place.
Basically yes, it means that I'm trying to get rid of the really stubborn, hard-to-get-rid-of daggered freebie keys elsewhere.
Most of the donors I've spoken with so far are fine with it considering what I'm doing these for are ones which they'd already gotten for free to begin with from giveaway sites and the only other option they had in mind was code-dropping.
Unfortunately, contacting some of the donors has become quite a chore or nearly impossible thanks to GOG changing the settings.
Post edited August 01, 2017 by zeogold
high rated
bhrigu: How was the vacation btw?
Pretty fun! The place I stayed at was really nice and I got to visit the Alamo!
Post edited August 01, 2017 by zeogold
high rated
triock: Can I have Steamworld Heist?
jpilot: May I ask for Broken Sword 5?
REDVWIN: may I get the chance of tryin' "Ace Combat Assault Horizon - Enhanced Edition"?
wanderer_27: One Dagger game request - Mahjongg Investigations: Under Suspicion :)
SamMagel: May I please have Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel ?
bler144: Also, can I request Nightmares from the Deep 2?
All granted.

zeogold: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
BenKii: Great update zeo, may I request this game?
You were beaten to it by a couple hours. Anything else you like? There's a lot of good stuff available.
Thanks to zeo for hosting, as always, and 51nikopol for NftD2:tSC!
Thanks again zeo !

Thank you halfpint41 for the donation :)
A couple of daggered games, if it's ok.

- SanctuaryRPG: Black Edition. I was not attracted by the aesthetics but I liked the soundtrack a lot.
- Defend your life. Missing in the crappy section of my TD collection.
BenKii: Great update zeo, may I request this game?
zeogold: You were beaten to it by a couple hours. Anything else you like? There's a lot of good stuff available.
No not at the moment. Congrats to the person who beat me to it. Keep up the good work zeo. :)
Post edited August 02, 2017 by BenKii
Hey, do you mind if I take Brigador: Up-Armored Edition?

I'm curious about it and the destructibility of the levels.