It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

dtgreene: In the US (don't know about other countries), it is actually illegal to drive if you have too much alcohol in your bloodstream.
Here in Wisconsin, we refer to it as "too little blood in your alcohol stream".

That's one of the benefits of living in our little village: bars - on the rare occasions we choose to visit them - are about 4 blocks from here: stumbling distance.

Speaking of driving I'm looking at 14 hours or more today, to go from WI to Arkansas for a job tomorrow. Interstate the whole way so it could go smoothly, but there are two wild cards: Sunday after the holidays, and I have to go through St Louis. MODOT says the interstate highways have been reopened after the flooding but there could be some carryover traffic from the couple days they were shut down. Hoping this doesn't turn into 16 hours.

Edit: turns out it was uneventful: arrived within a couple minutes of the predicted time. But dang, there was some serious flooding in Missouri and Arkansas. A lot of standing water in the farm fields, and there was still some water right up to the foundation of some houses along the Black River in Arkansas.
Post edited January 04, 2016 by HereForTheBeer
Not personal bitching, but there's been a crib death for a colleague of my wife.
Yesterday I installed Saints Row 3, played a little bit and there was it again: The discrimination of real men.
In both character editors of SR2 and 3 it is openly shown but nobody seems to be upset about it. You can change pretty much everything from face to body shape, age and in SR3 even the size of your dick.
But a feature every real adult man has is not changeable or even shown on the body: body hair. What the fuck is wrong with this world??? I'm a man who has chest hair and hairy arms and legs! I'm not a kid or a sissy who shaves everything below his head! Just because those pussies on TV and cinema obey to the female demand for hairless chests doesn't mean that there aren't still some rebels like me who doesn't want to look like 10-years-old, for fuck sake!
I feel offended and discriminated!!!
>;-p
Post edited January 04, 2016 by viperfdl
viperfdl: Yesterday I installed Saints Row 3, played a little bit and there was it again: The discrimination of real men.
In both character editors of SR2 and 3 it is openly shown but nobody seems to be upset about it. You can change pretty much everything from face to body shape, age and in SR3 even the size of your dick.
But a feature every real adult man has is not changeable or even shown on the body: body hair. What the fuck is wrong with this world??? I'm a man who has chest hair and hairy arms and legs! I'm not a kid or a sissy who shaves everything below his head! Just because those pussies on TV and cinema obey to the female demand for hairless chests doesn't mean that there aren't still some rebels like me who doesn't want to look like 10-years-old, for fuck sake!
>;-p
They still haven't worked the bugs out of ChestFX.
viperfdl: Yesterday I installed Saints Row 3, played a little bit and there was it again: The discrimination of real men.
>;-p
It was probably left out due to the fact that chest hair offers a tactical weakness than an enemy can exploit.

Proof here. Clip of two random dudes names Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee fighting. Bruce enables chest hair attack mode. Chuck doesn't have enough AP left to protect himself or finish his 5 move combo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYHZEu7Y7DU
>;-p
Is it really a female demand for guys to have shaved chests? I don't mind them at all, and most of my girlfriends don't either. Hairy back on the other hand... yeah, no. wax/shave that crap or don't be mad if your girl stops shaving as well ;)
>;-p
Crewdroog: Is it really a female demand for guys to have shaved chests? I don't mind them at all, and most of my girlfriends don't either. Hairy back on the other hand... yeah, no. wax/shave that crap or don't be mad if your girl stops shaving as well ;)
Front hair ok. Back hair not ok. Lol. Women rules are so arbitrary (and subject to change).

And don't play chicken with us guys over shaving anywhere by threatening to stop shaving. Most guys are either ambivalent about lady shaving, or they're the kinky type who's into hairy girl armpits.
Crewdroog: Is it really a female demand for guys to have shaved chests? I don't mind them at all, and most of my girlfriends don't either. Hairy back on the other hand... yeah, no. wax/shave that crap or don't be mad if your girl stops shaving as well ;)
Emob78: Front hair ok. Back hair not ok. Lol. Women rules are so arbitrary (and subject to change).

And don't play chicken with us guys over shaving anywhere by threatening to stop shaving. Most guys are either ambivalent about lady shaving, or they're the kinky type who's into hairy girl armpits.
i'm sorry, but thems the rules that we arbitrarily make up :)

hmm, then i've been dating the wrong guys *shrugs*

Edit: and you say that, but have you dated a very hairy woman? hmm?
Post edited January 05, 2016 by Crewdroog
Emob78: Front hair ok. Back hair not ok. Lol. Women rules are so arbitrary (and subject to change).

Crewdroog: i'm sorry, but thems the rules that we arbitrarily make up :)

Very hairy woman... hmmm... well, it's... you see...

Uh...... yes, she was hairy. Sort of. Let's just say that she was a regular purchaser or bikini wax products. Does that make sense? I'm trying to answer your question without BEATING AROUND THE BUSH.
Crewdroog: i'm sorry, but thems the rules that we arbitrarily make up :)

Emob78: Very hairy woman... hmmm... well, it's... you see...

Uh...... yes, she was hairy. Sort of. Let's just say that she was a regular purchaser or bikini wax products. Does that make sense? I'm trying to answer your question without BEATING AROUND THE BUSH.
duh, no george.... and that's what i was getting at too.
Emob78: Very hairy woman... hmmm... well, it's... you see...

Crewdroog: duh, no george.... and that's what i was getting at too.
I was getting at it too. But to get at it, I needed some hedge trimmers, a flashlight, and a pair of latex gloves.

And now, knowing the dark truths of hidden anatomy, I am fulfilled in understanding the meaning of this song...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYDfwUJzYQg
Crewdroog: duh, no george.... and that's what i was getting at too.
Emob78: I was getting at it too. But to get at it, I needed some hedge trimmers, a flashlight, and a pair of latex gloves.

And now, knowing the dark truths of hidden anatomy, I am fulfilled in understanding the meaning of this song...
...Have any of you considered paying a visit to your local church? It might not be a bad idea.
Emob78: I was getting at it too. But to get at it, I needed some hedge trimmers, a flashlight, and a pair of latex gloves.

zeogold: ...Have any of you considered paying a visit to your local church? It might not be a bad idea.
Yes, but I stopped going. For some reason the local Catholic priest kept dropping the collection plate and asking me to bend over to pick up the money. The last time I went after I got home I found a 5 dollar bill crammed into the back of my underwear.

zeogold: ...Have any of you considered paying a visit to your local church? It might not be a bad idea.
You are my buddy zeo, but if you ever recommend me to go to a church I will never speak to you again. :P
I got so sick and tired of displays of mindless fanboyism for bad overhyped games that I decided to write a massive treatise upon mass effect. I feel slightly better now (posted it here for who cares, but it's LOONG), having let of some steam on the matter.

I wouldn't feel so badly about the whole young/casual/braindead/whatever gaming community thing if they wouldn't fuel bad business practices and broken horrible games with all the money they are flinging at the gaming industries' worst on offer.

I'll stick to playing my old gems for a while now... might relieve me of some dark thoughts ...

Venting rage in a written text does wonders...