It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Soccorro: woops
F4LL0UT: I'll reply to the original text (that I can still see in Goatbrush's reply :3). In my opinion 23 is absolutely not too old and if you want to study at a university you should continue trying, even if it takes five additional years. I know people who got their higher education at ages ranging up to 50 (!) and consider it the best step in their life. At age 23-25 you're actually still young enough to be part of the crowd. Many of my friends (also German friends) decided to go for a different academic career after they got their first bachelor of arts at 23 to 25, it was no problem that most of their fellow students are like five years younger. If you want an academic career it's never too late.

What discipline are you trying to get into anyway? Maybe you can already try to get professional experience in a related career that does not require a higher education so once you get the education you have a headstart compared to other students from the same discipline. I know a few people who did similar things.
Goatbrush: Brief update on my previous venting. Got the results back from my biopsy - turns out it's benign.
F4LL0UT: Benign FTW! Congrats!
(actually I was looking for a different scene but this one's good too)

Edit: Oh, found it, I actually meant this one.
It's a teaching degree. :)
F4LL0UT: Edit: Oh, found it, I actually meant this one.
ha! I actually haven't seen that season of scrubs, I only saw up to when the main actors went out of the focus - is it worth watching the rest of it?
Goatbrush: ha! I actually haven't seen that season of scrubs, I only saw up to when the main actors went out of the focus - is it worth watching the rest of it?
Hard to tell. It wasn't as good as most earlier seasons of Scrubs but to me it was still highly enjyoable. Turk, Cox and Kelso are still prominently featured, appearing in most episodes. JD also makes quite a few appearances, many others make minor ones. The new main character is kinda dull but some of the other newbies are kinda fun and fresh. While most of the time I consider such revivals so unnecessary and terrible that I just want them to end ASAP I actually appreciated this extra dose of Scrubs and was pretty sad when I saw the last episode. So yeah, I think it's worth watching if you generally enjoyed the show
Oh my God I think i just made the worst mistake. I needed a second subject besides Geography and chose latin. why? because i got nervous. the deadline for applications is the 25th of august. i do have a "Latinum" but it's been some time and i already forgot most of it. plus i never used to do great in that subject. well even worse is the fact, that the uni demands a certificate for extended latin profession at the beginning of the second semester and also a graecum. Well, shit.
Soccorro: Oh my God I think i just made the worst mistake. I needed a second subject besides Geography and chose latin. why? because i got nervous. the deadline for applications is the 25th of august. i do have a "Latinum" but it's been some time and i already forgot most of it. plus i never used to do great in that subject. well even worse is the fact, that the uni demands a certificate for extended latin profession at the beginning of the second semester and also a graecum. Well, shit.
Latinum. They have a course in the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition. I really need to go back to school.
Soccorro: Oh my God I think i just made the worst mistake. I needed a second subject besides Geography and chose latin. why? because i got nervous. the deadline for applications is the 25th of august. i do have a "Latinum" but it's been some time and i already forgot most of it. plus i never used to do great in that subject. well even worse is the fact, that the uni demands a certificate for extended latin profession at the beginning of the second semester and also a graecum. Well, shit.
Well, amend the application. Call or email with an alternate choice.

That said, Latin is interesting, especially if you mix a lot of history in. There are quite a few things I wish I could read in the original Latin (but I'm not nearly skilled enough).
VABlitz: Latinum. They have a course in the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition. I really need to go back to school.
DON'T!!! Latin is a nightmare! We had to translate caesars "Bellum Gallicum" I hate the Ablativus Absolutus, i really hate it! there were like 2 Students, who were able to translate it into proper german! out of 28!
grimwerk: Well, amend the application. Call or email with an alternate choice.

That said, Latin is interesting, especially if you mix a lot of history in. There are quite a few things I wish I could read in the original Latin (but I'm not nearly skilled enough).
Well you DO feel like a professor if you're able to translate it and many latin phrases and words make much more sense to you. also you get a "feeling" for almost every romanic language but the process of learning will scar you for life. Oh and i have no other option left.
Post edited August 21, 2014 by Soccorro
Soccorro: I really need some advice! Do you guys (and Gals) think, that 23 is too old to attend university? I have been rejected again and this is the second year i'm trying. Next year ill be 22/23 years old, when i apply and i think it's a bit too old. should I go for it or just give up and learn a trade or something similar?
I don't know how it is in Germany, but I decided to go to college in my late 40's for a degree in Social Science, mostly as a hobby. In every class there was at least one person near my age. In my opinion it's never too late, and 22 is SO young! Keep trying!
Soccorro: Well you DO feel like a professor if you're able to translate it and many latin phrases and words make much more sense to you. also you get a "feeling" for almost every romanic language but the process of learning will scar you for life. Oh and i have no other option left.
Yes! I know enough that I can slowly translate worn out plinths I encounter when traveling, and I'm enough of a word freak that I enjoy guessing at the origins of English words.

It's strange situation that someone seeking higher learning is obligated to study Latin, though. (I can imagine likely scenarios, but it's still weird.) Good luck with it!
SaraB123: I don't know how it is in Germany, but I decided to go to college in my late 40's for a degree in Social Science, mostly as a hobby. In every class there was at least one person near my age. In my opinion it's never too late, and 22 is SO young! Keep trying!
I love your avatar, just sayin':).
Soccorro: I really need some advice! Do you guys (and Gals) think, that 23 is too old to attend university? I have been rejected again and this is the second year i'm trying. Next year ill be 22/23 years old, when i apply and i think it's a bit too old. should I go for it or just give up and learn a trade or something similar?
I was 22 when I started my degree, so no I don't think your too old. Hell, there were people there in their 40's/50's doing the same degree as me. There shouldn't be an age limit on learning.
qux: I was 22 when I started my degree, so no I don't think your too old. Hell, there were people there in their 40's/50's doing the same degree as me. There shouldn't be an age limit on learning.
I was 24 when I started, best think I ever did.
Re: starting college late. Refer to a PM exchange we had several months back. To wit, nope - you're not too old. There isn't really a 'too old' unless you're seeking something like an MD and you're pushing 40. And there are probably exceptions to that rule...
high rated
HereForTheBeer: Re: starting college late. Refer to a PM exchange we had several months back. To wit, nope - you're not too old. There isn't really a 'too old' unless you're seeking something like an MD and you're pushing 40. And there are probably exceptions to that rule...
Damn, and I'm 84 and wanted to play doctor legitimately..

HereForTheBeer is correct.
For once...

heh