It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I hate going to the doctor, because of the wait. I don't like being stuck in a waiting room with plague victims coughing all over each other. They need to start giving out those pagers that restaurants give out, so I can avoid getting tuberculosis and I can wait in my car rocking out.
Post edited June 23, 2014 by VABlitz
VABlitz: I hate going to the doctor, because of the wait. I don't like being stuck in a waiting room with plague victims coughing all over each other. They need to start giving out those pagers that restaurants give out, so I can avoid getting tuberculosis.
You've already got the clap, what's one more disease? :P
pimpmonkey2382: You've already got the clap, what's one more disease? :P
Yeah, but that involved a pleasurable activity.
I detest sitting in the doctor's waiting room and wait...and wait...and wait. My blood pressure goes up and then when I ..fiinnnallly get in to see the doctor, they take my blood pressure, which is up by now, and they wonder why !! *sigh*
marianne: I detest sitting in the doctor's waiting room and wait...and wait...and wait. My blood pressure goes up and then when I ..fiinnnallly get in to see the doctor, they take my blood pressure, which is up by now, and they wonder why !! *sigh*
If possible, get another Doctor. I used to have one like that, I really even liked the guy, but he had a THREE tiered waiting room!
I finally left, and now I get in really pretty quick at my current place... sometimes it takes the Doctor a few mins to get to the room, but by then they have already moved you in and taken the Bp/pulse/etc

As far as bitching, i don't have much... I have a headache and I'm tired. hopefully that qualifies enough.
VABlitz: I hate going to the doctor, because of the wait. I don't like being stuck in a waiting room with plague victims coughing all over each other. They need to start giving out those pagers that restaurants give out, so I can avoid getting tuberculosis and I can wait in my car rocking out.
Yeah, it seems silly to have everyone who needs to see a doctor in one small room. Sounds like a recipe for more people getting sick.
A complaining thread? This sounds cathartic; and everyone's already talking about medical issues, brilliant.

Exam period has been hellish, due to medical issues. It's not enough for the district to arbitrarily decide that the Gr. 12 period 3 exams must be written first, but they manage to place it right on the day I have a first round of chemo, again. Utter magnificence, having 6 fewer days to review for any content-heavy AP12U class.

And a here's a fun tip for other people who dislike waiting to receive medical attention; if you have pneumonic plague, or bacterial meningitis in an appreciably paranoid hospital environment., you'll be whisked to the front of the line.
I can personally vouch for both.
Post edited June 23, 2014 by belinol-proser
belinol-proser: A complaining thread? This sounds cathartic; and everyone's already talking about medical issues, brilliant.

Exam period has been hellish, due to medical issues. It's not enough for the district to arbitrarily decide that the Gr. 12 period 3 exams must be written first, but they manage to place it right on the day I have a first round of chemo, again. Utter magnificence, having 6 fewer days to review for any content-heavy AP12U class.

And a here's a fun tip for other people who dislike waiting to receive medical attention; if you have pneumonic plague, or bacterial meningitis in an appreciably paranoid hospital environment., you'll be whisked to the front of the line.
I am sorry your treatments coincide with exams. No way to get extensions?
belinol-proser: A complaining thread? This sounds cathartic; and everyone's already talking about medical issues, brilliant.

Crewdroog: I am sorry your treatments coincide with exams. No way to get extensions?
Thank you. Whoo, that was cathartic, feels good.
Oh, exams finished as of this morning. The original schedule had set all period 3 exams to take place tomorrow, however a majority of the Gr.12 students had AP12U period 3 classes. Having those exams earlier than the Gr. 9-11 exams created a marking period where students hoping to attend university may be sure of their GPA, before submitting a final submission form.
Post edited June 23, 2014 by belinol-proser
Solved my waiting room issue with my doctors. I ask to have my appt to be the first one after their lunch break. *big smile*
Just two of life's little grumbles:

Avatar Dog came down with a case of trigeminal neuritis. Essentially, a pinched nerve bundle going up to her head. She can't control her jaw so her mouth is hanging open all the time. Drools a bit, which otherwise never happens. Having trouble drinking and eating, so I got her a bunch of canned food yesterday. Maybe that was the plan all along: fake an ailment to get loads of canned food! Doc says it should clear itself in 3-4 weeks. Hoping that's the case; there have been some instances of this becoming permanent.

And, the local cell tower is having problems. Started Monday some time and it's still not resolved. We can hear perfectly but our voices are garbled / echoed on the other end. Data is iffy (email) and this is my primary work phone number. Technology is great, until it fails when you need it. Fortunately, call volume has been very light this week.
HereForTheBeer: Just two of life's little grumbles:

Avatar Dog came down with a case of trigeminal neuritis. Essentially, a pinched nerve bundle going up to her head. She can't control her jaw so her mouth is hanging open all the time. Drools a bit, which otherwise never happens. Having trouble drinking and eating, so I got her a bunch of canned food yesterday. Maybe that was the plan all along: fake an ailment to get loads of canned food! Doc says it should clear itself in 3-4 weeks. Hoping that's the case; there have been some instances of this becoming permanent.

And, the local cell tower is having problems. Started Monday some time and it's still not resolved. We can hear perfectly but our voices are garbled / echoed on the other end. Data is iffy (email) and this is my primary work phone number. Technology is great, until it fails when you need it. Fortunately, call volume has been very light this week.
hope your dog gets better soon. Makes me think of my two...Budgies...no, go away sadness nononono nooo!

http://i.imgur.com/5NfgHSk.jpg
I hope she does, too. Makes for some really sloppy eating and drinking! ; )

And it gives her this crazy-dog look, like she's both smiling and at the same time ready to take one's head off. Maybe a canine version of the Joker.
I've got some pet problems myself again.
December last year, my cat had problems with its tooth ridge. It was nothing major, luckily, but I was still worried. Anyway, the vet wanted to see him quite regular, which is why the little guy is afraid of the transportation box.

And now I've got a brand new problem with my cat. When I woke up this morning, there was something wrong with the tip of his tail. The fur feels glued and neither of us knows why. My roommate told me there was noise in the garage last night and I was looking there if something fell or if there is blood. I couldn't find anything. I even can't tell if the tail is bloody, since the little guy is black! It could be blood, glue or some other sticky liquid, for all I know. (My roommate dropped jogurt on the kitchen floor, bit she cleaned everythign up as far as I know and cant' remember if the cat's were nearby when that happened).
Worse, when we get to close to the tip of his tail, my cat makes an ached back, starts to hiss and attacks.

And we don'T know what happened. I can'T take him to the vet, as he would go into hiding or just agve us trouble going into the transportation box - and currently I don't even have the money if it was something serious. Luckily July is around the corner.
But we are worried now that my cat jammed his tail in a door and that the possible injury could turn into something ugly. Esspecially me.
Externica: My roommate told me there was noise in the garage last night and I was looking there if something fell or if there is blood.
Do you know if there a some "pests" in the garage? Rats or martens?
Most cats get angry when they are hurt and you try to find the wound. They rather care for themselves. Sound like a job for two people: One holding him (preferably with working gloves) and the other trying to treat the sticky stuff with water, to see what color goes off. But of course you have to catch the little guy first.

Best of luck! I grew up with cats and have lived (with some years interruptions) almost all my life with them. I hope your black little tiger gets well.