It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

StingingVelvet: I go away for 5 days and come home to ONE forum reply? Slackers!
XD Okay, you are going to regret posting that. I can't speak for the rest of the forum but you know full well I have nothing better to do but hang out here all day and send replys to you.
Niflmine: Is your brother young? A teenager perhaps? It may explain the clash with your dad. Going away to university may help.
Yup...he's in his early 20s.

(Sadly university isn't in the cards[imo] as he's on disability and lives with them full time....but who knows what the future may bring? *shrug*)
tinyE: XD Okay, you are going to regret posting that. I can't speak for the rest of the forum but you know full well I have nothing better to do but hang out here all day and send replys to you.
Hahaha... yay, somebody cares!

*sniffle*
My homework algorithm takes about 5% too long and I can't come up with anything with which to optimize it! Rrrblblbll!

...I should probably go sleep. I didn't sleep last night :p

/edit: I didn't change anything and it's suddenly 20% too long... and once about 3% too long. These time based algorithm exercises are a pain. A while ago my passable algorithm wasn't accepted because the university servers were busy or something. Passed when I tried it later. I guess it means that mine are cutting it too close, and I should come up with better ones..
/edit2: changed the order of some things, now my local tests pass but the serverside tests say my algorithm takes about 100% too long. Curses, foiled again! Now if I could only actually convince myself to go to bed.
Post edited March 15, 2013 by Adzeth
StingingVelvet: I go away for 5 days and come home to ONE forum reply? Slackers!
Ah man, I see now that we haven't had an internet debate for well over a week. Sorry, been slacking, I'll try and forum stalk you a bit and start an argument later tonight;)
Adzeth: My homework algorithm takes about 5% too long and I can't come up with anything with which to optimize it! Rrrblblbll!

...I should probably go sleep. I didn't sleep last night :p

/edit: I didn't change anything and it's suddenly 20% too long... and once about 3% too long. These time based algorithm exercises are a pain. A while ago my passable algorithm wasn't accepted because the university servers were busy or something. Passed when I tried it later. I guess it means that mine are cutting it too close, and I should come up with better ones..
/edit2: changed the order of some things, now my local tests pass but the serverside tests say my algorithm takes about 100% too long. Curses, foiled again! Now if I could only actually convince myself to go to bed.
I am now tempted to bitch that it's Friday night and I have an uncontrollable urge to do your homework for you. I'll be drinking until the urge passes.
Post edited March 15, 2013 by orcishgamer
I'm so glad I'm done with school. That doesn't belong in this forum but when I read the above it's all I can think of.
orcishgamer: Ah man, I see now that we haven't had an internet debate for well over a week. Sorry, been slacking, I'll try and forum stalk you a bit and start an argument later tonight;)
I count on you man, don't let me down again.
Lack of sleep causes some funny looking code. Having actually slept now, I checked my algorithm. The idea behind it was correct, but checking every int in a table 4 times in a row when only one time was needed, and checking the table in "horizontally then vertically from the diagonal of the largest square in the down right corner" order when I could've just checked each row might explain why my algorithm was taking so long :D
F4LL0UT: Got weird looks today. Disturbingly weird ones. First some middle-aged guy watched me carefully as I passed him and when I disappeared around a corner he actually followed me to take another good look. A minute later I got more weird looks when I stood in line in a shop. Went home, checked in the mirror whether there's something weird about me - nothing but reflection perfection (to quote Ted from Scrubs). Later I got some kebab and more weird careful looks as a bonus, even from the kebab guy who has seen me zillions of times already. Maybe I'm just paranoid but I definitely didn't imagine that guy following me. Seriously, I felt like some fugitive. I'd love to say that I look like some famous handsome actor or something but I don't. As pathetic as that may be, I can't stop thinking about this.
I once had a similar experience, being a teenager. Everyone kept looking at me. When I reached my cousin's house, I saw myself in a mirror and one side of my head was covered in blood. Turned out I hit my head in the underpass when I was running to catch my train. I find it disturbing that I walked all over Madrid and not a single person told me anything about my injury. Well, I was a teenager back, long hair and all, so I guess I looked a little bit scary.

Anyway, are you still getting strange looks? Your story had me intrigued.
Adzeth: ...
I like when these school exercises clash with reality:
"Give me a bit more time, I still think it runs a few seconds too long"
"Ah don't worry, no one's gonna notice anyway"
My PS2 Slim died after only 8-9 months and now I probably have to send it back to the online Company I bought it from and have to deal with shipping and all that jazz. The worst part is that it's not even totally dead but only in a coma because it will not turn on properly and some times have to be rebooted 5-10 times before it starts.
That's annoying because I have a ton of PS2 games that I haven't played and would love to try.
jepsen1977: My PS2 Slim died after only 8-9 months and now I probably have to send it back to the online Company I bought it from and have to deal with shipping and all that jazz. The worst part is that it's not even totally dead but only in a coma because it will not turn on properly and some times have to be rebooted 5-10 times before it starts.
That's annoying because I have a ton of PS2 games that I haven't played and would love to try.
Slim?
tinyE: Slim?
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:PS2-Versions.jpg]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:PS2-Versions.jpg[/url]
I'll never tell which one is the Slim :p
tinyE: Slim?
Adzeth: [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:PS2-Versions.jpg]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:PS2-Versions.jpg[/url]
I'll never tell which one is the Slim :p
Far out. You learn something new every day. Thanks!
We're getting 2 inches of snow an hour and my folks just took the Hummer. I'm trapped! :O
Post edited March 16, 2013 by tinyE