It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Cambrey: I laughed at your misfortune. Lure them with ground meat mixed with the hottest peppers you can find. Hide, record the scene and share with us.
the_bard: Hahaha. Yeah, that might teach them a lesson.
JudasIscariot: Due to the fact that I am unemployed, I developed a sort of "bill collectors paranoia" and am afraid to pick up the dang phone when a number I don't know or expect calls. I just found out that someone rather important has been trying to get a hold of me via phone and now I wonder if I missed a good opportunity.
the_bard: Call them back.
Already sent an email to the important party. Also, they don't work weekends....
JudasIscariot: Already sent an email to the important party. Also, they don't work weekends....
Good luck. Hope it works out.
JudasIscariot: Already sent an email to the important party. Also, they don't work weekends....
the_bard: Good luck. Hope it works out.
Thanks. I hope Monday will bring some good results.
JudasIscariot: Thanks. I hope Monday will bring some good results.
Yup, been there myself. Yw
high rated
the_bard: Yeah, I see them in passing but they've not broken back in again. Wonder what is attracting them to your roof and why they keep going up there. Good luck to you too.
Thanks for the wishes, and as I anticipated, the effect of the ammonia was short lived.

Since my one night respite, I've had to buy a box of shingles to replace what they've torn off, put a humane trap up on the roof (which they've ignored,) and can see no reason for them to be doing it.

It seems to be one malevolent little bastard, in particular, and I'm going to pick up an air rifle to end this crap. It is still against the ordinances, but at least no-one will freak out from the noise, and I won't have to pick up those self-defense fragmentation bullets for fear of using too hot of a load on the little pest. I used to be able to get snake shot type cartridges, but no-one seems to have them anymore.

Oh well, here's to hoping you have no further problems, and thanks again for the wishes.
Dischord: Thanks for the wishes, and as I anticipated, the effect of the ammonia was short lived.

Since my one night respite, I've had to buy a box of shingles to replace what they've torn off, put a humane trap up on the roof (which they've ignored,) and can see no reason for them to be doing it.

It seems to be one malevolent little bastard, in particular, and I'm going to pick up an air rifle to end this crap. It is still against the ordinances, but at least no-one will freak out from the noise, and I won't have to pick up those self-defense fragmentation bullets for fear of using too hot of a load on the little pest. I used to be able to get snake shot type cartridges, but no-one seems to have them anymore.

Oh well, here's to hoping you have no further problems, and thanks again for the wishes.
Thanks and same to you as well. I still have to wonder what yours are after.
high rated
the_bard: Thanks and same to you as well. I still have to wonder what yours are after.
I was wondering the same thing.

Underneath the roof, is the attic, unfinished/no food etc., and the roof itself is in like new condition, with the exception of where this cretin tears shingles off, and nothing special about that area at all, other than that.

It is near the gutter and soffit he tore down earlier, and I figure he's just trying to get in like he saw he could before I replaced it. Usually only kill things if they are going to kill/injure someone or something else (like a pet,) but this thing has cost way too much money now, and is intent on following his agenda, my interventions notwithstanding.

I let deer go, groundhogs go, and would have liked to be able to let him go too, but he has made that impossible. Hell, I have an old garage I'm going to tear down and replace; wish he would get his shingle fetish satisfied there! :-)
Dischord: I was wondering the same thing.

Underneath the roof, is the attic, unfinished/no food etc., and the roof itself is in like new condition, with the exception of where this cretin tears shingles off, and nothing special about that area at all, other than that.

It is near the gutter and soffit he tore down earlier, and I figure he's just trying to get in like he saw he could before I replaced it. Usually only kill things if they are going to kill/injure someone or something else (like a pet,) but this thing has cost way too much money now, and is intent on following his agenda, my interventions notwithstanding.

I let deer go, groundhogs go, and would have liked to be able to let him go too, but he has made that impossible. Hell, I have an old garage I'm going to tear down and replace; wish he would get his shingle fetish satisfied there! :-)
LMAO Then he would be being helpful.

Yeah, that maybe it. He could be looking for a place to nest, or he's gone mad.
Post edited April 21, 2012 by the_bard
high rated
the_bard: LMAO Then he would be being helpful.

Yeah, that maybe it. He could be looking for a place to nest, or he's gone mad.
The 'gone mad' part is something that I have considered, as many raccoons carry rabies, but you'd think if that were the case, he would have died months ago.
As if things were not bad anyway, I got a cold now so my neck also hurts. :'-(
Protoss: As if things were not bad anyway, I got a cold now so my neck also hurts. :'-(
Poor thing.......:(
Oh man... First world problems "My life sucks because I have cooooooold" :-(

When I read about your problems, I become more and more depressed because of my own.
keeveek: Oh man... First world problems "My life sucks because I have cooooooold" :-(

When I read about your problems, I become more and more depressed because of my own.
This is the bitch about life thread, not the bitch about people bitching about life thread. ;)

:P
keeveek: Oh man... First world problems "My life sucks because I have cooooooold" :-(

Maybe you should read what I wrote around christmas in this thread.

Protoss: Maybe you should read what I wrote around christmas in this thread.
I hope you get well soon.....also have plenty of good tasty soup(mmmm). Some of my faves are: Bean n' bacon, chick noodle/chicken with rice, tomato, beef/vegetable. What about you? Also do you prefer canned or making it yourself?

Oh and I also like ramen.....tasty and cheap. Although you have to be careful not to add too much water or it taste like crap....also you have to be sure to get a good brand and stick with it, imo.