It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

blueGretsch: Got banned from GiantBomb last week.
Yes, GB has turned into a dumpster fire lately. I got a temp. ban recently for using a term that apparently is considered transphobic and was found offensive by "enough" people. I had no idea it was offensive but GB did reinstate me after clearing things with a moderator. But it's sad people have become so radicalized that they don't even want to hear a dissenting voice in their echochamber.

Dissenting voices are how we grow but an echochamber leave us in a state of stasis where the mind becomes dull and numb. Fresh input and new ideas are paramount to growth.

PS: GB is pretty shit now.
low rated
jepsen1977: Yes, GB has turned into a dumpster fire lately. I got a temp. ban recently for using a term that apparently is considered transphobic and was found offensive by "enough" people. I had no idea it was offensive but GB did reinstate me after clearing things with a moderator. But it's sad people have become so radicalized that they don't even want to hear a dissenting voice in their echochamber.

Dissenting voices are how we grow but an echochamber leave us in a state of stasis where the mind becomes dull and numb. Fresh input and new ideas are paramount to growth.
It's getting worse....Amazon just dropped Parler.....all because some people dislike ONE person being able to make a few posts online.

=-=-=

Also to all....the above is also my ontopic post:

Parler was taken down by it's provider because of one account.
(which I of course cannot name due to it being against the rules here)
Post edited January 11, 2021 by GamezRanker
low rated
nvm
Post edited January 11, 2021 by GamezRanker
jepsen1977: Yes, GB has turned into a dumpster fire lately. I got a temp. ban recently for using a term that apparently is considered transphobic and was found offensive by "enough" people. I had no idea it was offensive but GB did reinstate me after clearing things with a moderator.
It would be a touchy subject because a lot of those sort of people don't think transfolk are people anymore.
jepsen1977: Yes, GB has turned into a dumpster fire lately. I got a temp. ban recently for using a term that apparently is considered transphobic and was found offensive by "enough" people. I had no idea it was offensive but GB did reinstate me after clearing things with a moderator. But it's sad people have become so radicalized that they don't even want to hear a dissenting voice in their echochamber.

PS: GB is pretty shit now.
Yeah, that sounds very familiar to me. The weird thing is, I wasn't commenting on the issue directly, my beef was with the mainstream or corporate media's handling of political issues and how they transpose them unto computer games in unreasonable ways. Somehow, the people on GiantBomb saw this questioning of journalism as a direct attack on the issue and on their person.

If people take the initiative to start a political post on a gaming forum they should expect that not everybody will have the same opinons, and should expect some discussion.Yet that is apparently not allowed on GiantBomb. Not discussing things openly is partly why we have the divisions in society that we have, where everyone has to be an extremist.

I do miss the old GiantBomb, when Ryan was around, Drew as well. I feel they have really gone backwards ever since, especially after they started hiring non-gamers with political agendas. However, I liked Dan Ryckert, I think he contributed the most to the "new GiantBomb". Still, they have all moved on to other things, only the tech-guy Jan is still there of all the new hires.
GamezRanker: =-=-=

Also to all....the above is also my ontopic post:

Parler was taken down by it's provider because of one account.
(which I of course cannot name due to it being against the rules here)
I've been following that on the news. I think it is crazy that they can get away with it. I know the EU is trying to limit what "Big Tech" can influence, to quote an EU lawmaker: "the political interests of a handful of companies should not dictate our future". Yet here we have Big Tech companies trying to do just that, and if they can block parties in the US, the cradle of moden democracy, they would have no reservations of attempting that in Europe, unless the EU lawmakers can do something about it.

To GOG moderators: please be aware that I'm not attmepting to encourage rioting and siege with my comment, it's merely observation and speculation.
Post edited January 14, 2021 by blueGretsch
There's also the fact that, apparently, Parler's API made it possible to see deleted messages after they've been deleted; the UI was just programmed not to show them.

Whether the API reveals deleted messages, or the password reset is automatically sent if a certain third party service isn't working, it's pretty sure that Parler was not as secure as the users were expecting.
blueGretsch: To GOG moderators: please be aware that I'm not attmepting to encourage rioting and siege with my comment, it's merely observation and speculation.
Lol, yes let's hope the EU will crack down on the monopoly that these SoMe companies have since it's clear that the new president Biden isn't going to do jack shit about it but will only encourage it.
About a year ago I moved all my stuff from my old place to my mom's house.

I was helping her make room in her basement today and realised that my ps2, ps3, and WII u are all missing.

Most of my stuff is all there. Games, controllers, power cords, boxes, etc. are all there

Except for the actual fucking consoles

F

U

C

K

:((((
ggf162: About a year ago I moved all my stuff from my old place to my mom's house.

I was helping her make room in her basement today and realised that my ps2, ps3, and WII u are all missing.

Most of my stuff is all there. Games, controllers, power cords, boxes, etc. are all there

Except for the actual fucking consoles

F

U

C

K

:((((
Oh that's annoying. Will you re-buy them ?
Found a topic on the GOG forums where *every single post* was low rated.

What's going on here?
And, for the second time lately, I came back to my computer only to find that it had powered off when I was away.
Just saw a speedrun of one of the King's Quest games, and it seems that, even there, they put in the mechanic where you get fully healed when you level up. Was that really necessary? (The player used it to get through some poisonous swamp, I believe.)

Sorry, but I just don't like that particular mechanic.
I've been fighting evil people on the internet lately

that do THIS to young children

Totally True that!

//***Sighs***//
Post edited January 17, 2021 by fr33kSh0w2012
I'm in hospital right now and I miss my cat dearly :((