It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

monkeydelarge: It's about assassins but they don't take people out for money. They only take out those they see as "evil". That's the impression I got from the first game. I have never touched the other games because they are too unoptimized.
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Too unoptimized, and not on GoG... Especially, not of GoG. Reason more than enough to avoid buying ANYTHING.
If I remember correctly, GOG sells the first game.
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Too unoptimized, and not on GoG... Especially, not of GoG. Reason more than enough to avoid buying ANYTHING.
monkeydelarge: If I remember correctly, GOG sells the first game.
You remember correctly.

I believe it was the first game over $10 to be sold here (excluding The Witcher series.)
Post edited November 08, 2014 by AdamR
[edit - I don't wanna talk about it. I gotta stop posting here. I just delete everything.]

I'm probably going to want to delete this post really badly in an hour or two. Be sure to downrep me if I do.
Post edited November 08, 2014 by AdamR
AdamR: I've been showing up to this thread everyday lately, and pretty much nowhere else... I'm going to challenge myself to not delete this later today.

Someone asked me a simple yes or no question, and it just triggered a meltdown for me. I immediately developed a stomach ache and headache that didn't go away for two hours. I couldn't stop thinking and obsessing about this one stupid question that I'm sure didn't even have a trace of malice behind it. I started freaking out so bad that I just took something to help me go to sleep. I woke up, and I'm still pissed off about it. My whole day is fucked up now.
I have no idea what to do about this kind of thing. Mental counseling has not been helping - in fact, I think it has only made things worse. For now, I think all I can do is vent. So... Thanks for letting me do that.

I'm probably going to want to delete this post really badly in an hour or two. Be sure to downrep me if I do.
Saving this for the posterity (that is, so that it escapes the deletion). Btw, I read another post of yours recently (a week ago, I think) before you deleted it and I notice a thing in common between that other post and this one-the fact that you freaked out by a simple question/discussion.
I'm going to try and advise something, even though I don't have much experience in such mental breakdowns. I may be suspicious against psychologists and mental medication (I don't know why really, but I always got the impression they said bullshit in order to get themselves rich by prescribing expensive needless medication to their "patients"), but I think there is a possibility you have some serious self confidence issues. That is, a normal person entering a debate sustains considerable stress because this person has to defend the opinion he believes in against the naysayers-but he manages to do the best he can, with the knowledge he has on the subject, precisely because he has faith in his own opinion. Now, what I think might be bullshit, but I think you have such little faith in your own opinion that your brain subconsciously freaks out even at the very thought that you might have to defend your opinion against naysayers and exaggerates this freaking out even with simple yes/no question. An example of what might be happening:
Random dude:"Hey AdamR, do you think the earth is round, yes or no?"
Your brain:*Formulates a whole scenario*
-Thoughts:"If I say yes"
Random person's reaction as imagined by the brain: "What? Are you an idiot? The quantum scientist Whatever said that everything we knew about the Earth is wrong and the Earth isn't round but is in fact a bowl of soup made by aliens!"
Another string of thoughts:"If I say no"
Random person's reaction as imagined by the brain: "What? Are you an idiot? What brainfart is that? The thing about quantum scientist Whatever saying that everything we knew about the Earth is wrong and the Earth isn't round but is in fact a bowl of soup made by aliens was an April Fool joke I said jokingly!"
In both cases, the brain imagines a negative reaction from the part of the other person, and fearing this might happen for real, freaks out, not knowing what to answer.

In conclusion, the medication and mental counseling isn't going to work if you don't fight the main problem, which is (imo) a fear that others might react negatively to your opinions. As a remedy you could try taking up first a hobby safe enough to restore some faith in yourself (gardening or pottery making is a good example) and, as a second step, you could try to train your brain to withstand this whole "debate stress", by imagining various debate scenarios with your brain-starting off with easy ones, such as the example I mentioned, or other seemingly easy to answer and obvious yes/no questions, because you already have the knowledge necessary to defend you opinion against the imaginative naysayer. (I try that last thing a lot myself, because I have some opinions with which the current mainstream in my area would disagree with, and who knows when I might have to defend my opinions?).
Hope this advice helps you somewhat. :-)
I just lost one of my domains out of nowhere, the provider (1&1) informed me one day AFTER it had expired, I didn't even get a warning or a chance to extend it.

It was just one of several domains registered to the same site and the most important one still works but the problem is that I still had "legacy" email accounts there which were set up to redirect everything to email accounts registered on the newer domain.

Currently checking which of my gaming accounts (Steam, Origin, Uplay) may have been registered to one of the shut down email accounts. Shiiiit. I will also have to take some steps so the same thing won't happen to the accounts I'm still using. Man, one of the reasons I'm using email accounts registered to my own domain was so stuff like this won't happen.
F4LL0UT: I just lost one of my domains out of nowhere, the provider (1&1) informed me one day AFTER it had expired, I didn't even get a warning or a chance to extend it.

It was just one of several domains registered to the same site and the most important one still works but the problem is that I still had "legacy" email accounts there which were set up to redirect everything to email accounts registered on the newer domain.

Currently checking which of my gaming accounts (Steam, Origin, Uplay) may have been registered to one of the shut down email accounts. Shiiiit. I will also have to take some steps so the same thing won't happen to the accounts I'm still using. Man, one of the reasons I'm using email accounts registered to my own domain was so stuff like this won't happen.
I briefly had a similar problem with 1and1. The difficulty came when I used a different email for my contact account (makes sense) but that was an email address that I almost never check. Whoops. I missed the message warning that my credit card didn't go through (I failed to update the expiration date) and my stuff got shut down. Well, crap. Fortunately nothing was deleted - I simply couldn't log in to my mail and my website was down for a day or two and they didn't shitcan anything.

Other than that I haven't had any problems with 1and1.

I hope you get it sorted out with minimal hassle/
HereForTheBeer: Other than that I haven't had any problems with 1and1.
Yeah, me neither, and I've been using their hosting services for more than ten years, my dad for fifteen. I mean, there were connectivity problems at some point but they were ridiculously small compared to what I experienced with a different provider rather recently (the result being that I still use German 1&1 for some stuff and now added Polish 1&1 for other stuff).

That's frankly the main reason why I'm so shocked. I've had that domain for ten years and now it's just gone without a warning. I don't get it. Will definitely have to find out how this happened.
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Assassin's Creed isn't about an... assassin? Crusader era? That altair guy? Never touched the series, because of DRM...
that was best assassin creed game, considering Hashashin started out there and maysaf being their headquarter, the music and everything had a awesome crusade era feel, damn now i have to go watch kingdom of heaven
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Assassin's Creed isn't about an... assassin? Crusader era? That altair guy? Never touched the series, because of DRM...
djranis: that was best assassin creed game, considering Hashashin started out there and maysaf being their headquarter, the music and everything had a awesome crusade era feel, damn now i have to go watch kingdom of heaven
Hey, hey! Kingdom of Heaven is one of my most beloved movies, ever! Hit the jackpot. I have it right next to me, on a pile of copied/pirated movie dvds! I think i am going to watch it, too, like right now! Thanks for reminding. And i bitch again about life, because it is saturday night, and this time round i have nothing better to do, than sit down alone and watch an old movie... Damn!
djranis: that was best assassin creed game, considering Hashashin started out there and maysaf being their headquarter, the music and everything had a awesome crusade era feel, damn now i have to go watch kingdom of heaven
Somewhat ironically, I didn't get into the AC series until after the second game, due to footage and the soundtrack. I didn't really follow "new" game releases for years so when my interest was rekindled I got AC 1. I loved the setting, the story, the characters...even if the game itself became tedious and repetitive. I bought AC2 on sale but have barely touched it, and I actually am more interested in that setting and historical period than the first, but I haven't mustered the interest yet, plus when I bought AC UPLAY wasn't a thing yet and having to log in and install more DRM just to play the sequel irritated me.
Ragnarblackmane: Somewhat ironically, I didn't get into the AC series until after the second game, due to footage and the soundtrack. I didn't really follow "new" game releases for years so when my interest was rekindled I got AC 1. I loved the setting, the story, the characters...even if the game itself became tedious and repetitive. I bought AC2 on sale but have barely touched it, and I actually am more interested in that setting and historical period than the first, but I haven't mustered the interest yet, plus when I bought AC UPLAY wasn't a thing yet and having to log in and install more DRM just to play the sequel irritated me.
i never got beyond the beginning part of AC2, since some one already spoiled the plot i never bothered to try. Same thing with first i was almost at the end with final boss, before my friend beat him and saw the plot and never bothered to kill the old bastard myself. The only AC games i finished was 3rd and 4th and actually liked them a lot, 4th being a pirate was awesome and sadly i really enjoyed whaling for some reason and 3rd i thought had game flow if you follow only main plot.
Just had a guy pass me on my way home doing about 90 mph in a 55. Is it just me, or does it seem like human beings lose the power of self control when they operate a motor vehicle?

And yet knowing my luck, I'll be the guy who does the speed limit, wears his seat belt and has all his tags and insurance up to date who gets to be the one followed around by the police.

I. Hate. Driving.
Emob78: Just had a guy pass me on my way home doing about 90 mph in a 55. Is it just me, or does it seem like human beings lose the power of self control when they operate a motor vehicle?

And yet knowing my luck, I'll be the guy who does the speed limit, wears his seat belt and has all his tags and insurance up to date who gets to be the one followed around by the police.

I. Hate. Driving.
I also hate driving. But if i have to, I nearly always turn into a reckless idiot who swears a lot.
I'm turning into an old fogey. I was thinking about the days before Steam, when Macs were grey rectangles etc. and thinking that a lot of the gamers today are young enough to have grown up with Steam always in their lives. 75 million users.
I remember when it was first launched, when people were still going into shops to buy boxed PC games, and everyone knew Steam was simply a "rental" service.
"It'll never catch on, " they said, "Gamers are smart enough to know the difference between buying and renting." O_o
Of course, this was also back in the day of dial up internet. Wait a day for a game to download, or just buy on a disc... Hmmm... Choices, choices. :)
I hate steam