It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Soccorro: good im not the only one who's living through this.
katsaysmeh: Nah, I feel your pain. One time I was on vacation in Denmark in the middle of summer and slept with my window open. That was before I knew I inherited the stupid allergies from my father's side. I couldn't open my eyes in the morning and breathing was almost impossible. And those stupid allergy pills make me sleepy.
omg isn't that true? allergy pills really make you feel sleepy. i had to go get my weekly injection yesterday -.- now my right arm is all swollen and i cant feel it.
tinyE: Back on the subject of tiredness, is Europe having the same seemingly endless winter the States is having?
At least here in the very northest and coldest part of Europe, I don't recall the last time winter has been this "warm". There hasn't been practically any snow here where I live for quite some time (ok, maybe for one day two weeks ago, but it melted away pretty much the same day), and they are saying tomorrow the temperature may go up to +10 C (50 F). I have no idea how our penguins and polar bears can survive now.

It basically feels like mid April or even later now, especially as today was quite sunny (+8 C). If it keeps like this, spring is early.

I recall reading somewhere that the cold weather in America and warm/mild weather in Europe this winter are closely connected. What can I say, there have been pretty warm air currents coming from SW for many many weeks. From what I understand, in Canada and northern US there have been quite cold air currents from north.
Post edited March 08, 2014 by timppu
The Netherlands didn't have any snow this year :-(
DubConqueror: The Netherlands didn't have any snow this year :-(
Oh I'm sure there are a few of us here that have some to spare. :D
Maybe all the windmills there blew all the snow away?
Today is my birthday and also get emergency hospitalized with appendicitis. Nice gift:)
Dusty as hell. Looks like I'll be cleaning and relubricating the bike's drivetrain about every week for a while now. Also, I still haven't bought that replacement front tyre that I must've complained about around two weeks ago.

On the upside, spring seems to be here.
truhlik77: Today is my birthday and also get emergency hospitalized with appendicitis. Nice gift:)
How are you typing to us?
Via mobile phone. My only connection to world:)
truhlik77: Today is my birthday and also get emergency hospitalized with appendicitis. Nice gift:)
My brother was overcome by appendicitis pain at his junior prom. My parents brought him to the hospital, and they asked why he was dressed up neatly. They explained he'd been to the prom, and the hospital insisted that he'd had too much to drink, and he'd be fine. They refused to examine him further. My brother hadn't had any alcohol whatsoever. They dismissed him as a liar and my parents as dupes.

My mum then woke up our family doctor and she came to see my brother in a hurry. Fortunately, she's terrific, and figured out what was happening quickly. My brother had surgery a few hours later, and the surgeon said he couldn't have waited for much longer.

The surgery wasn't terribly incapacitating, as my brother placed in a statewide track meet about a month afterwards. I hope your own surgery goes smoothly!
grimwerk: My brother was overcome by appendicitis pain at his junior prom. My parents brought him to the hospital, and they asked why he was dressed up neatly. They explained he'd been to the prom, and the hospital insisted that he'd had too much to drink, and he'd be fine. They refused to examine him further. My brother hadn't had any alcohol whatsoever. They dismissed him as a liar and my parents as dupes.

My mum then woke up our family doctor and she came to see my brother in a hurry. Fortunately, she's terrific, and figured out what was happening quickly. My brother had surgery a few hours later, and the surgeon said he couldn't have waited for much longer.

The surgery wasn't terribly incapacitating, as my brother placed in a statewide track meet about a month afterwards. I hope your own surgery goes smoothly!
Two years or so ago my dad's burst at around 2 a.m. Of course we live 50 miles from the nearest hospital and driving up here with the teeny tiny roads and animals means going about 35 mph. XD Oh I laugh now but that was not fun; he kept sticking his head out the window and puking all over the side of my car.
tinyE: Two years or so ago my dad's burst at around 2 a.m. Of course we live 50 miles from the nearest hospital and driving up here with the teeny tiny roads and animals means going about 35 mph. XD Oh I laugh now but that was not fun; he kept sticking his head out the window and puking all over the side of my car.
That must have been fairly harrowing.
monkeydelarge: Maybe all the windmills there blew all the snow away?
Could be, have you seen any snow around lately? Say, for weeks on end this winter? ;-)
tinyE: Two years or so ago my dad's burst at around 2 a.m. Of course we live 50 miles from the nearest hospital and driving up here with the teeny tiny roads and animals means going about 35 mph. XD Oh I laugh now but that was not fun; he kept sticking his head out the window and puking all over the side of my car.
grimwerk: That must have been fairly harrowing.
It was actually one of those things that I use to remind myself how lucky I am. There are so many things that could have gone wrong and within 48 hours of the nightmare my dad was back home, a little sore, and we were all kicking back joking about it.
Post edited March 09, 2014 by tinyE
tinyE: It was actually one of those things that I use to remind myself how lucky I am. There are so many things that could have gone wrong and within 48 hours of the nightmare my dad was back home, a little sore, and we were all kicking back joking about it.
You did make him wash your car afterwards, right? I know my dad would have insisted on a carwash if I was the pukee.