It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

moonshineshadow: Well I'll probably give it another round to find the five missing games sometime the next days. But that's just the "completionist" in me speaking ;-)

Still looking for:
Impossible Creatures
Heroes of Might and Magic 3
Neverwinter Nights (2. copy, found only one)
Fantasy General
Little Big Adventure 2 (Twinsen's Odyssey)
greeklover: Which nwn did you find? They are both in the first part and in obvious places where someone would look.
For little big adventure 2 you need santa
I didn't find fantasy general and homm3 and impossible creatures
Fantasy General is in the same area as Little Big Adventure, but you don't need Santa to access it... only for the elves to get out of your way. I'm still trying to find Impossible Creatures myself. I thought maybe defeating the Wyrm would give it to me as it's nearly impossible to kill unless you have a full team, but that didn't happen.
Post edited December 19, 2017 by Onsdag
Onsdag: I'm still trying to find Impossible Creatures myself. I thought maybe defeating the Wyrm would give it to me as it's nearly impossible to kill unless you have a full team, but that didn't happen.
I killed it in one of the first versions just with Goglodyte and Edwards (hadn't yet found out that there were more recruitable characters). It must have around thousand HP, but it's killable in 2-3 turns with the right setup and a decent amount of luck.
Onsdag: I'm still trying to find Impossible Creatures myself. I thought maybe defeating the Wyrm would give it to me as it's nearly impossible to kill unless you have a full team, but that didn't happen.
Avogadro6: I killed it in one of the first versions just with Goglodyte and Edwards (hadn't yet found out that there were more recruitable characters). It must have around thousand HP, but it's killable in 2-3 turns with the right setup and a decent amount of luck.
Yeah, I defeated it in the early version as well. I think I had a party of 3 at that time, and they were pretty decently leveled so certain skills were unlocked which made it easier, but it still took a LOT of reloading and luck. Still, no real benefit to killing it except a lot of exp and gold.
Can't believe I missed those three easy ones...

So that means HoMM3 and Impossible Creatures missing. I wonder if there is something that needs to be done with the reindeer kid you can put to sleep or the piano person...
Onsdag: Still, no real benefit to killing it except a lot of exp and gold.
True, but we still didn't know how the game worked back then! Half the fun was/is figuring these things out.
Tallima: Still lost? Need help? A few tips and tricks are here:
https://youtu.be/ok7Kf2dciIo
I had planned on doing a run without Gide sooner or later, but thanks to you I did it sooner and found what you were mentioning in the video.

I thought there would be something special/different with the blue haired elf, but no matter what I do he has the same exact dialog as all the other elves. Am I missing something here?

So the games I'm still missing from the first part are:

Impossible Creatures
Leisure Suit Larry: Love for Sail
Mount and Blade
System Shock 2 (I know you've shown how to get it in your video, but I haven't done it yet)

The second part I haven't really started yet, mostly because I was trying to find all the codes in the first part before moving on. I'm at a loss though on what to do to find the lost codes. I was thinking the dead elf in the mine was significant, but activating him with a stimulant in your inventory doesn't do anything. Also, for the life of me I can't find any more clues in the game to give me a hint on where to look without being red herrings.
Onsdag: ...
The dead elf is just one of many clues that elves are working in the lead mine - a hint at Santa being bad.

Mount and Blade is definitely in the second part.

The elves act differently when they can see Santa. You have to figure out how to get Santa out of the interdimensional zone that he's trapped in.

Heroes of might and magic is in the first part, but my lips are sealed. It's hidden too well to reveal.
Tallima: Still lost? Need help? A few tips and tricks are here:
https://youtu.be/ok7Kf2dciIo
Onsdag: I had planned on doing a run without Gide sooner or later, but thanks to you I did it sooner and found what you were mentioning in the video.

I thought there would be something special/different with the blue haired elf, but no matter what I do he has the same exact dialog as all the other elves. Am I missing something here?

So the games I'm still missing from the first part are:

Impossible Creatures
Leisure Suit Larry: Love for Sail
Mount and Blade
System Shock 2 (I know you've shown how to get it in your video, but I haven't done it yet)

The second part I haven't really started yet, mostly because I was trying to find all the codes in the first part before moving on. I'm at a loss though on what to do to find the lost codes. I was thinking the dead elf in the mine was significant, but activating him with a stimulant in your inventory doesn't do anything. Also, for the life of me I can't find any more clues in the game to give me a hint on where to look without being red herrings.
I found Leisure Suit Larry: Love for Sail but don't remember where and how since I wasn't interested in the game.
Clue for System Shock 2: you need Edward's key and a pickaxe.
I confirmed Impossible Creatures is basically impossible to get. You have to escape from the wyrm and then fight him again. After I revamped all of the character attributes from my 2nd half testing, I must have broken this one (at one time, agility used to be about 100 - but I lowered it to affect hit chances). So, you can strike that one off your list.

So here's how Impossible Creatures will work. The first to PM me a link to a screenshot of find Heroes of Might and Magic 3 will win it (old rules apply - can only one win game).
Tallima: Mount and Blade is definitely in the second part.

The elves act differently when they can see Santa. You have to figure out how to get Santa out of the interdimensional zone that he's trapped in.

Heroes of might and magic is in the first part, but my lips are sealed. It's hidden too well to reveal.
Thanks for the clarification/correction, as earlier you listed it as being in the first part.

I know the elves 'act' or respond differently when you have Santa in your party, but blue-haired elf responds the same as all others. When I do get Santa out of the interdimensional zone then it activates the blue crystal in front of the stairs in the castle, making it impossible to advance.

I don't mind hard puzzles, but when they become nigh impossible/improbable of discovering/solving then it becomes problematic. e.g. there are some codes that are hidden in an object but can only be found by activating the object from one specific direction. I have spent hours literally combing everywhere in the first part and activating all objects from all directions. I think I found two codes like this. Then there are the codes/items that are discovered by walking on a certain tile. I've probably spent several more hours walking on every single tile in each zone but am considering giving up as I've only found one code and one item doing this. Then there are the random encounter events (Winter Wolf) that I accidentally stumbled on because I was walking over every tile and checking every object/wall I could. If it weren't for spending so much time in that one area trying to find hidden codes I wouldn't have been able to stumble on that one. And then there are the numerous red herrings designed purposefully to get people to waste countless time and energy on the wrong trail. A couple rooms in the Snow Queen's castle, the Piano man's request for bread in his jar, and Santa's reindeer whip item description and the reindeer in the inn are prime examples of this. This game is truly a completionists nightmare, and sheer torture for normal folk. :P

I'll still keep on playing and searching, but I don't know how much more time and energy I'm willing to devote to this treasure hunt.
Tallima: I confirmed Impossible Creatures is basically impossible to get. You have to escape from the wyrm and then fight him again. After I revamped all of the character attributes from my 2nd half testing, I must have broken this one (at one time, agility used to be about 100 - but I lowered it to affect hit chances). So, you can strike that one off your list.

So here's how Impossible Creatures will work. The first to PM me a link to a screenshot of find Heroes of Might and Magic 3 will win it (old rules apply - can only one win game).
I was able to escape, but after there is a living paceful wyrm in the room and I can't kill it. XD
Tallima: I confirmed Impossible Creatures is basically impossible to get. You have to escape from the wyrm and then fight him again. After I revamped all of the character attributes from my 2nd half testing, I must have broken this one (at one time, agility used to be about 100 - but I lowered it to affect hit chances). So, you can strike that one off your list.

Alexim: I was able to escape, but after there is a living paceful wyrm in the room and I can't kill it. XD
How did you manage to escape? I've tried dozens of times, using both old and new versions of the game, from several different save slots, and I can't do it.
Tallima: Mount and Blade is definitely in the second part.

Onsdag: Thanks for the clarification/correction, as earlier you listed it as being in the first part.

I know the elves 'act' or respond differently when you have Santa in your party, but blue-haired elf responds the same as all others. When I do get Santa out of the interdimensional zone then it activates the blue crystal in front of the stairs in the castle, making it impossible to advance.

I don't mind hard puzzles, but when they become nigh impossible/improbable of discovering/solving then it becomes problematic. e.g. there are some codes that are hidden in an object but can only be found by activating the object from one specific direction. I have spent hours literally combing everywhere in the first part and activating all objects from all directions. I think I found two codes like this. Then there are the codes/items that are discovered by walking on a certain tile. I've probably spent several more hours walking on every single tile in each zone but am considering giving up as I've only found one code and one item doing this. Then there are the random encounter events (Winter Wolf) that I accidentally stumbled on because I was walking over every tile and checking every object/wall I could. If it weren't for spending so much time in that one area trying to find hidden codes I wouldn't have been able to stumble on that one. And then there are the numerous red herrings designed purposefully to get people to waste countless time and energy on the wrong trail. A couple rooms in the Snow Queen's castle, the Piano man's request for bread in his jar, and Santa's reindeer whip item description and the reindeer in the inn are prime examples of this. This game is truly a completionists nightmare, and sheer torture for normal folk. :P

I'll still keep on playing and searching, but I don't know how much more time and energy I'm willing to devote to this treasure hunt.
I try to make most make sense, but put a puzzle together. A few random ones. A handful of items in bookshelves and boxes. Some game-winning ones. And some off-the-beaten-path ones.

The crystal you're referring to should ring a bell for you if you've gone through most of the first part. Be sure you update your game to the most recent, though. The crystal is unpassable due to a bug in the first couple releases. You can install the update right into your game.

Also, the game isn't supposed to be completed by a single person, but by the community. You really don't have to go through everything and try to find them -- of course, you're welcome to. :)

The Piano Man's words are supposed to be a joke. Billy Joel's Piano Man has a verse that goes:

It's a pretty good crowd for a Saturday
And the manager gives me a smile
'Cause he knows that it's me they've been comin' to see
To forget about life for a while
And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
And the microphone smells like a beer
And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar
And say, "Man, what are you doin' here?"

The whip was simply intended to mention why Santa has a whip for a weapon. No red herring intended. :) Speaking of which, the reindeer boy was also not supposed to be a red herring. Just a Christmas enthusiast.

The white wolf encounter was crafted to affect almost nobody. You should be able to get through the game without encountering him. But for some people, the roll of the dice would put him in their sights. And when that happens, they get a shot to win the game.

I can't think of too many objects where you have to be facing a specific direction. There's on where a code is written on the back of something, there's the pile of poo where you have to face the poo look at it. Besides that, I can't think of any others. There may be more, though. Those ones were built to be pleasant surprises for someone thinking "I wonder if something could be here."

And then there are the malicious ones. Just terrible, terrible ones. Reaching the moon took me almost 2 hours during testing. It's very hard. And the thief. Oh, he's just straight up mean. And the enchanted forest was really frustrating. I almost quit and I know how to get through it.

The idea of the enchanted forest was to create a time-sucker as a save-load break from the first part to the second part. Players who came well-prepared for the future would be able to trudge ahead of other players. They would save, combat enemies, but the new equipment, and move through. Those who weren't as well-prepared (likely b/c the first part of the game wasn't well-discovered) would have to struggle to get back to the good stuff located after the forest when they load up in the beginning.

I was aiming to release this Dec 29, but with the sale going on and family obligations, this last weekend looked like the perfect time. So I pushed through development just a hair too fast and missed too many bugs. For the I apologize.

Each time I build one of these, I learn something. It's very difficult to make a game fun, difficult, rewarding, and hold many secrets. I am to do even better next time. Spending more time balancing enemies would have been time well-spent (and I spent a LOT of time on it as it was).

But I'll admit that etched codes on the back of a stone and reassembling a pickaxe to dig a hole and activated and deactivating magical devices to open and close paths and secret hidden characters that change the meaning and concept of everything you do and allowing players to declare they beat the game with a victory dance in the first 45 minutes are things I'll probably do again. Those were some great moments as people figured out the real game. It was amazing to get some PMs from folks who were clearly way ahead of the pack and I could tell there was an underground mad dash for the finish as they found the game's true paths.

It was a heck of a treasure hunt! I hope a few more folks find some more codes soon! There's still a few secrets mostly still secret (I've had a few send me notes saying they found HoMM3, but nobody has picked it up yet!).
Alexim: I was able to escape, but after there is a living paceful wyrm in the room and I can't kill it. XD
Onsdag: How did you manage to escape? I've tried dozens of times, using both old and new versions of the game, from several different save slots, and I can't do it.
I think I was only very very lucky, I tried many times.
Tallima: there's the pile of poo where you have to face the poo look at it.
My biggest complaint thus far is probably for this code. The relevant item has to be equipped to a specific character, not just equipped to anyone in the active party (or to the person in front), so I missed it until someone mentioned the answer. I had it equipped to Gede, since he wasn't using something for the slot at the time. Making the answer work if anyone has it equipped is definitely preferable, since it removes an aspect of tedious experimentation "Okay, now lets go through and equip this item to each character and try every space. Nothing. Okay, now lets go through and equip the next item to each character and try every space. Nothing. Okay, now lets go through and equip the next item..."

Needing the item equipped is kind of fine. Using the particular item as the solution in this particular case makes a lot of sense In retrospect; I was simply waiting for something electrical to turn up.