It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Thanks for the great treasure hunt, Tallima! Just got around to starting it. Yum, lead!

MATT_CUM_LAUDE

Edit: thanks to GameRager for the game!
Post edited December 18, 2017 by pablodusk
greeklover: Btw did anyone try the easier version?
Yes, I did, and there's still too much frustration involved for my liking. It simply stops being fun.
greeklover: Btw did anyone try the easier version?
Lemon_Curry: Yes, I did, and there's still too much frustration involved for my liking. It simply stops being fun.
The thing is that I have to save after every battle because every few steps I may get a loss that can't be avoided and have to start from last save
This was hard to win. I have most all other games, but I_SAW_THE_VIKINGS_SIGN
greeklover: Btw did anyone try the easier version? I started it and giant snakes still onehitkill and the gargoyles seem to do more damage, got some 200+ hits. It's probably me but I like hoarding potions:)
It should be easier, but not horrible. I dropped the snake's HP waaaaay down (400 to maybe 120 or something) and halved his attack. Some of the stats RPG maker add to him make their stats multiply and I haven't figured out exactly what does what yet. So if you hit a snake, run away! (1/4 chance run per use of a 300 gold accessory armor in the shop now)

bmanbdaman: This was hard to win. I have most all other games, but I_SAW_THE_VIKINGS_SIGN
I can't send you a code right now. You'll have to friend me or open yourself up to chat conversations.
Post edited December 18, 2017 by Tallima
greeklover: The thing is that I have to save after every battle because every few steps I may get a loss that can't be avoided and have to start from last save
Likewise, but I just realised that by changing the party formation I could have Elsa fighting alongside three of the others (Edward is currently benched), and so far her abilities do seem to make a difference. It still annoys me having to fight this much though.
Post edited December 18, 2017 by Lemon_Curry
EURG_IN_POO

Wow, Tallima! This has been a really fun game/treasure hunt! Thank you very much for all the time and effort you put into this! (You're right, I have wtihstood many, many TinyE jokes! lol)

Still haven't figured out how to get to the moon or to that 3rd statue...
SeeJayGamer: EURG_IN_POO
What game is this?
greeklover: The thing is that I have to save after every battle because every few steps I may get a loss that can't be avoided and have to start from last save
Lemon_Curry: Likewise, but I just realised that by changing the party formation I could have Elsa fighting alongside three of the others (Edward is currently benched), and so far her abilities do seem to make a difference. It still annoys me having to fight this much though.
There's a cloak of hiding out there that reduces encounters by half. But it's a challenge to get to it.
greeklover: What game is this?
Europa Universalis: Rome Gold

Wow, Tallima! This has been a really fun game/treasure hunt! Thank you very much for all the time and effort you put into this! (You're right, I have wtihstood many, many TinyE jokes! lol)

Still haven't figured out how to get to the moon or to that 3rd statue...
That was my very favorite game. You have to put on the rubber gloves sold at the inn and then press space bar while facing the giant mound of troll poo. Well done!

I'll be back to check up on you in a few hours. I work tomorrow, so don't expect much interaction for long periods of time.

We'll raise the limit to 2 in a few days. We'll give some of the players a chance to find them who work on weekends.
Post edited December 18, 2017 by Tallima
Lemon_Curry: Likewise, but I just realised that by changing the party formation I could have Elsa fighting alongside three of the others (Edward is currently benched), and so far her abilities do seem to make a difference. It still annoys me having to fight this much though.
Tallima: There's a cloak of hiding out there that reduces encounters by half. But it's a challenge to get to it.
Sweet! :)

It seems to me that the old guy outside the mines has some cool new gear to sell (a magic bow. a magic sword and Patton Oswalt's boots). Am I right about that, or have I simply failed to notice it before (possibly due to my heroes not having reached the required level)?

By the way, it's slightly annoying that in some cases you can't read all of the text describing items and their protective attributes. Could you possibly do something about that (such as introducing line breaks)?
Tallima: You have to put on the rubber gloves sold at the inn and then press space bar while facing the giant mound of troll poo.
:D
Post edited December 18, 2017 by Lemon_Curry
Tallima: I dropped the snake's HP waaaaay down (400 to maybe 120 or something) and halved his attack. Some of the stats RPG maker add to him make their stats multiply and I haven't figured out exactly what does what yet. So if you hit a snake, run away! (1/4 chance run per use of a 300 gold accessory armor in the shop now)
While that's certainly a positive change, I'm not sure lowering monsters HP makes that much of a difference when there's a serious chance of losing a party members each turn... the main problem with mobs in that area is the huge amount damage they deal.
Physical damage in particular is off the charts, magic damage on the other hand seems fine, so... quickest way to make the game less stressful IMHO is probably buffing plate armor, or introducing better protective gear. That should be way easier and quick than balancing monsters stats, I think.

By the way, A. can't upgrade her armor at all. I'm not really sure this it's intended, since she's the only character who can't.
Tallima: I dropped the snake's HP waaaaay down (400 to maybe 120 or something) and halved his attack. Some of the stats RPG maker add to him make their stats multiply and I haven't figured out exactly what does what yet. So if you hit a snake, run away! (1/4 chance run per use of a 300 gold accessory armor in the shop now)
Avogadro6: While that's certainly a positive change, I'm not sure lowering monsters HP makes that much of a difference when there's a serious chance of losing a party members each turn... the main problem with mobs in that area is the huge amount damage they deal.
Physical damage in particular is off the charts, magic damage on the other hand seems fine, so... quickest way to make the game less stressful IMHO is probably buffing plate armor, or introducing better protective gear. That should be way easier and quick than balancing monsters stats, I think.

By the way, A. can't upgrade her armor at all. I'm not really sure this it's intended, since she's the only character who can't.
For the tough guys, I recommend using Anna's defensive armor spell. That helps a lot (reduces damage by half). Elsa's cheap shield helps, too. But I agree. Most the enemies can 1-to-2 hit your guys to death. Keeping the stimulant potions handy will keep your guys alive. And of course, save and reload.

It's definitely still beatable. We've had many get through it and I got through it with an even harder difficulty than it is now. But I agree. It's a tough son-of-a-gun. It moved the problem solving from running around and figuring out what items to use on what to a different type of problem: keeping your guys alive and using saves and loads to manipulate your chances of survival.

Although a bit annoying, it is very passable with just a bit of diligence.
Tallima: It's definitely still beatable. We've had many get through it and I got through it with an even harder difficulty than it is now. But I agree. It's a tough son-of-a-gun. It moved the problem solving from running around and figuring out what items to use on what to a different type of problem: keeping your guys alive and using saves and loads to manipulate your chances of survival.

I'm aware that getting through is possible - I mean, I was the first to reach the Moon (hah, take that, Gagarin!) - but the question is: does it really need to be that hard?

I only posted that suggestion since I noticed you were doing balance changes, and I thought going that route could save you some time, is all. :)
Tallima: It's definitely still beatable. We've had many get through it and I got through it with an even harder difficulty than it is now. But I agree. It's a tough son-of-a-gun. It moved the problem solving from running around and figuring out what items to use on what to a different type of problem: keeping your guys alive and using saves and loads to manipulate your chances of survival.

Avogadro6: I'm aware that getting through is possible - I mean, I was the first to reach the Moon (hah, take that, Gagarin!) - but the question is: does it really need to be that hard?

I only posted that suggestion since I noticed you were doing balance changes, and I thought going that route could save you some time, is all. :)
Oh. I see your point now.

It needed to be hard, but if I had a bit more time, experience or understanding, I would have figured out how to make the escaping work better. I spent many hours tweaking and balancing the enemies b/c I had completely reinvented the attacking and leveling system in order to make equipment more important than levels. Balancing has always been one of my weak points.

I'll try to do better next time. I may release an even easier version in a day or two with your suggestion of better armor. That is truly what is missing - stronger armor.
Tallima:
The sound of Santa's fireplace is playing in a loop (and even saved that way) although I'm no longer in his cottage. Is there anything I can do to get rid of it without having to revert to an older save?