It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A new dawn down in The Pit.

Starting today, <span class="bold">Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition</span> will become the main and definitive edition of the series on GOG.com. The pack includes the base game, the Gold Edition content, and the Mindgames DLC in a single installer — as well as GOG Galaxy support for achievements! While the classic edition is set to receive any necessary stability and bug patches, all active development of new content, features, and DLC is planned to continue on the Gold Edition — all to ensure swift updates and content parity across all platforms.

Speaking of new content, the <span class="bold">Healer DLC</span> has now been released on GOG.com, starring Astryd Jemison, a dedicated medic who will go above and beyond the call of duty in order to stop a deadly epidemic from spreading.

If you already own Sword of the Stars: The Pit + Gold Edition Upgrade + Mindgames DLC or the previous version of SOTS: The Pit - Gold Edition — you'll be upgraded to the newest edition automatically!

If you own any other combination of the Sword of the Stars: The Pit products so far, you can also take advantage of the limited-time offer on the new Gold Edition:
<span class="bold">The new Sword of the Stars: The Pit &ndash; Gold Edition is:</span>
90% off — if you own Sword of the Stars: The Pit + Mindgames DLC
70% off — if you own Sword of the Stars: The Pit

If you decide to upgrade later down the line, you'll still be able to upgrade at any point — but these discounts will only last until July 30, 12:59 PM UTC.

<header class="article__lead"></header>

Transfer your copy from Shinyloot to GOG.com
With the recent closing of Shinyloot, a number of Sword of the Stars: The Pit fans were left without access to their game and DLC. We're now happy to announce that we've joined forces with Kerberos Productions, the game’s developer and publisher, to give everyone affected a new home for the roguelike wonder – right here on GOG.com.

These are the eligible products:
SOTS: The Pit Gold Edition
SOTS: The Pit Gold Edition – Pilgrim
SOTS: The Pit Gold Edition – Juggernaut

How do you transfer your game to GOG.com?
1) Contact Kerberos with your Shinyloot receipt at: gog-transfer@kerberos-productions.com
Please include the subject line “Shinyloot DRM-free”.

2) You'll recieve a GOG.com code for your game. Redeem it on gog.com/redeem.
3) Enjoy your always-up-to-date, DRM-free copy of the game!
Post edited June 30, 2016 by Konrad
nice thing the portation from shinyloot. even that I don't know how many people know about that place.
Shinyloot? Eh, only ever really used that for certain bundles like groupees that forced us to redeem there before we could get our steam keys for games.

Speaking of which, this whole announcement and move to GoG would have been much nicer if it was accompanied by GoG connect eligibility so the rest of us could get our version of the games here.. ;)
I, for one, am very glad for this change. I could now download and install the gold edition plus Pilgrim DLC without any hassles or confusion and this version even actually works!

And for those folks wondering about how many other DLCs may still be forthcoming, I see that the in-game news flash says that Medic will be the last DLC for this game.
Does anyone know if there is a way to subdivide the inventory items in SotS? If one has 5 food items, is there a way to divide that into 2 and 3 parts in the inventory? Or are they always paired?
IronArcturus: Does anyone know if there is a way to subdivide the inventory items in SotS? If one has 5 food items, is there a way to divide that into 2 and 3 parts in the inventory? Or are they always paired?
You should be able to shift+click. I also recommend looking in the controls menu in the game, should have the control settings for that action :)
IronArcturus: Does anyone know if there is a way to subdivide the inventory items in SotS? If one has 5 food items, is there a way to divide that into 2 and 3 parts in the inventory? Or are they always paired?
JudasIscariot: You should be able to shift+click. I also recommend looking in the controls menu in the game, should have the control settings for that action :)
I tried Shift+Click but that doesn't seem to work. I also checked in the Key Bindings but I didn't see a command for splitting anything.
That's pretty nice to see more vendors allowing transfer of ownership from elsewhere to GOG. When I first saw the headline I mistakenly thought it meant all Shinyloot owned games so I got a little more excited at first. :) I own about 10-12 games from Shinyloot, of which they all were DRM-free and I have downloaded backups of, however will never see updates for them etc. now either, except for the ones that also offered Steam keys. Would be nice some day to be able to redeem them via proof of purchase here on GOG potentially, but it's still nice to see that this game publisher is offering this kind of consumer-friendly service at the moment. Hopefully it is a trend that continues as GOG grows also.
cool
I got my install up and running, no problem. I was even able to import the folder of the non-Galaxy installation with no trouble.

Unfortunately, I was really rusty and I died on like Floor 7 Normal or something. Not that I was ever good at this or anything...
I'm glad to see I finally have a single installer for Gold Edition and not just the Gold Edition Upgrade. I'm also glad vanilla is still available separately in my library in case I ever decide to revisit it.
musteriuz: I, for one, am very glad for this change. I could now download and install the gold edition plus Pilgrim DLC without any hassles or confusion and this version even actually works!

And for those folks wondering about how many other DLCs may still be forthcoming, I see that the in-game news flash says that Medic will be the last DLC for this game.
It would be weird if they still worked on new content for The Pit 1, while they're busy with The Pit 2 :
http://www.kerberos-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=56&amp;t=56184
JudasIscariot: You should be able to shift+click. I also recommend looking in the controls menu in the game, should have the control settings for that action :)
IronArcturus: I tried Shift+Click but that doesn't seem to work. I also checked in the Key Bindings but I didn't see a command for splitting anything.
It's Ctrl+left-click&drag
Post edited July 01, 2016 by BlueTemplar
IronArcturus: I tried Shift+Click but that doesn't seem to work. I also checked in the Key Bindings but I didn't see a command for splitting anything.
BlueTemplar: It's Ctrl+left-click&drag
Yes, that works! Thanks! :)
Also, do you know if there is an Xbox 360 controller equivalent for that command?
Yay! It works on Galaxy now!
BlueTemplar: It's Ctrl+left-click&drag
IronArcturus: Yes, that works! Thanks! :)
Also, do you know if there is an Xbox 360 controller equivalent for that command?
On the Keyboard, Left Ctrl binds to Modifier. And Modifier is bound to L Trigger on the Game Pad. Have you tried that?
IronArcturus: Yes, that works! Thanks! :)
BlueTemplar: On the Keyboard, Left Ctrl binds to Modifier. And Modifier is bound to L Trigger on the Game Pad. Have you tried that?
I tried it with the L Trigger but all that does is just move the item around. It doesn't split it at all. Maybe splitting only works with the keyboard+mouse?