It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A new dawn down in The Pit.

Starting today, <span class="bold">Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition</span> will become the main and definitive edition of the series on GOG.com. The pack includes the base game, the Gold Edition content, and the Mindgames DLC in a single installer — as well as GOG Galaxy support for achievements! While the classic edition is set to receive any necessary stability and bug patches, all active development of new content, features, and DLC is planned to continue on the Gold Edition — all to ensure swift updates and content parity across all platforms.

Speaking of new content, the <span class="bold">Healer DLC</span> has now been released on GOG.com, starring Astryd Jemison, a dedicated medic who will go above and beyond the call of duty in order to stop a deadly epidemic from spreading.

If you already own Sword of the Stars: The Pit + Gold Edition Upgrade + Mindgames DLC or the previous version of SOTS: The Pit - Gold Edition — you'll be upgraded to the newest edition automatically!

If you own any other combination of the Sword of the Stars: The Pit products so far, you can also take advantage of the limited-time offer on the new Gold Edition:
<span class="bold">The new Sword of the Stars: The Pit &ndash; Gold Edition is:</span>
90% off — if you own Sword of the Stars: The Pit + Mindgames DLC
70% off — if you own Sword of the Stars: The Pit

If you decide to upgrade later down the line, you'll still be able to upgrade at any point — but these discounts will only last until July 30, 12:59 PM UTC.

<header class="article__lead"></header>

Transfer your copy from Shinyloot to GOG.com
With the recent closing of Shinyloot, a number of Sword of the Stars: The Pit fans were left without access to their game and DLC. We're now happy to announce that we've joined forces with Kerberos Productions, the game’s developer and publisher, to give everyone affected a new home for the roguelike wonder – right here on GOG.com.

These are the eligible products:
SOTS: The Pit Gold Edition
SOTS: The Pit Gold Edition – Pilgrim
SOTS: The Pit Gold Edition – Juggernaut

How do you transfer your game to GOG.com?
1) Contact Kerberos with your Shinyloot receipt at: gog-transfer@kerberos-productions.com
Please include the subject line “Shinyloot DRM-free”.

2) You'll recieve a GOG.com code for your game. Redeem it on gog.com/redeem.
3) Enjoy your always-up-to-date, DRM-free copy of the game!
Post edited June 30, 2016 by Konrad
Accatone: I tried to use all https://www.gog.com/user/refresh & https://www.gog.com/account/refresh & https://secure.gog.com/account/refresh but the links direct me straight into my library. Does that mean I've refreshed my account? Nothing has changed so far. I cannot still download the game.
JudasIscariot: In that case, please send us a Support ticket :)
OK, thanks! I'll send one.
Accatone: It's weird that in my library there's a "soon" sign on the gold edition but I can see all the files in the game.

EDIT: I tried to download the game but it gives 404 error.
JudasIscariot: Refresh your account, please :)
Hello Judas!

Same problem here.
Refresh didn't solve the problem. :(
Post edited June 30, 2016 by Edward_Carnby
Though that I bought SotS on SL site, turns out I got only Alien Shooter 2 on account. Ok, seems like I need to get rest of the DLCs some other way around...
Woohoo! For once a mostly seamless transition.

Also I don't have to see Sword of the Stars - The Pit Gold Edition in my wishlist(that's my way to keep track of what "I don't own") knowing that I have base+mind games+Gold upgrade. And they even properly transferred the "Pilgrim" DLC
tinyE: Occasionally it will start off with an actual number for KB/s but it freezes there and again never actually downloads anything. EXACT same thing for a handful of titles. Everything else works fine.
it downloads nothing , the download speed stays at 0KB/s (it doesn't freeze though)

I tried with dreamfall chapters (same result) == seems the case for recent installers.

prior the date of your post (in the what's update threads) others work fine.
Post edited June 30, 2016 by DyNaer
Grargar: Even if we assume that there was a single Season Pass installer, it would still require that GOG maintained two separate builds; one for season pass users and another one for non-season pass users. Not sure how willing would GOG be to go that extra mile.

I'm really not sure how GOG can solve this problem with offline installers. I was thinking of a Voltron-style installer where you download the basic installer and then the addons as .bin files to be read and recognized by the basic installer, but I don't know if that's even technically feasible.
I'm not really bothered by all the installers. I was just thinking of a solution for purchasing all the DLC in a fell swoop. Not that it's onerous to buy it as it comes out, either. Mostly I'm happy that there is a single canonical version of the game now, instead of all this farrago with multiple editions and such.
I'm really pleased to see some continuation of support for Shinyloot users. Thumbs up for both GOG and the devs! Would be nice to see if something similar could be done for other affected Shinyloot titles which are on GOG.
Edward_Carnby: Hello Judas!

Same problem here.
Have you tried seeing if it works now? It does for me.
Edward_Carnby: Hello Judas!

Same problem here.
Grargar: Have you tried seeing if it works now? It does for me.
I've refreshed multiple times as well but it still returns a 404 error.
Apparently I am glad that I just woke up now and came to see this and didn't have to deal with any issues that seem to have happened with this in the past 2+ hours (it seems all is "fixed" now.)

Interestingly, I only had Sword of the Stars: The Pit, and nothing else, but I got the upgrade for free, AND a code to gift the gold edition to someone else.

ponderous
Grargar: Have you tried seeing if it works now? It does for me.
Heh.

It's all fine now.

Thanks for the hint !
Post edited June 30, 2016 by Edward_Carnby
Okay, SO!
If I have everything I have the Gold download with the DLCs: Pilgrim, Juggernaut, Necromancer, Healer.

Correct? Am I missing anything? What about ten minutes from now? What will I have to buy then? :P
Right now I'm completely confused about the DLC & Edition madness and I pray that we will never see any actual products from Paradox Interactive on GOG. This would be insane.

But it's a nice move that Users from Shinyloot can get a free copy of the game here on GOG.

BTW: I love this long names in the DLC List. Now I have the choice between:

Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition - Ju... <Price Tag>
Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition - N... <Price tag>

or below in under "Buy Series - Complete it"

Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Editi...
Sword of the Stars: Complete Collecti... <-- Huh? Why is this here? xD
Post edited June 30, 2016 by Woolytoes
Just when I thought the installers of this game couldn't get messier....
Would have been nice if Kerberos had incorporated a DLC sale into this integration announcement. I can't remember the last time Juggernaut or Necromancer were discounted on GOG...
Woolytoes: Right now I'm completely confused about the DLC & Edition madness and I pray that we will never see any actual products from Paradox Interactive. This would be insane.
Actual products from Paradox on GOG? Like this?
Post edited June 30, 2016 by yyahoo