It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A new dawn down in The Pit.

Starting today, <span class="bold">Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition</span> will become the main and definitive edition of the series on GOG.com. The pack includes the base game, the Gold Edition content, and the Mindgames DLC in a single installer — as well as GOG Galaxy support for achievements! While the classic edition is set to receive any necessary stability and bug patches, all active development of new content, features, and DLC is planned to continue on the Gold Edition — all to ensure swift updates and content parity across all platforms.

Speaking of new content, the <span class="bold">Healer DLC</span> has now been released on GOG.com, starring Astryd Jemison, a dedicated medic who will go above and beyond the call of duty in order to stop a deadly epidemic from spreading.

If you already own Sword of the Stars: The Pit + Gold Edition Upgrade + Mindgames DLC or the previous version of SOTS: The Pit - Gold Edition — you'll be upgraded to the newest edition automatically!

If you own any other combination of the Sword of the Stars: The Pit products so far, you can also take advantage of the limited-time offer on the new Gold Edition:
<span class="bold">The new Sword of the Stars: The Pit &ndash; Gold Edition is:</span>
90% off — if you own Sword of the Stars: The Pit + Mindgames DLC
70% off — if you own Sword of the Stars: The Pit

If you decide to upgrade later down the line, you'll still be able to upgrade at any point — but these discounts will only last until July 30, 12:59 PM UTC.

<header class="article__lead"></header>

Transfer your copy from Shinyloot to GOG.com
With the recent closing of Shinyloot, a number of Sword of the Stars: The Pit fans were left without access to their game and DLC. We're now happy to announce that we've joined forces with Kerberos Productions, the game’s developer and publisher, to give everyone affected a new home for the roguelike wonder – right here on GOG.com.

These are the eligible products:
SOTS: The Pit Gold Edition
SOTS: The Pit Gold Edition – Pilgrim
SOTS: The Pit Gold Edition – Juggernaut

How do you transfer your game to GOG.com?
1) Contact Kerberos with your Shinyloot receipt at: gog-transfer@kerberos-productions.com
Please include the subject line “Shinyloot DRM-free”.

2) You'll recieve a GOG.com code for your game. Redeem it on gog.com/redeem.
3) Enjoy your always-up-to-date, DRM-free copy of the game!
Post edited June 30, 2016 by Konrad
tinyE: I am SUCH AN IDIOT!
JMich: And that is news how? ;)
more a re-emphasis of the status-quo

"all working normally, move along!"

it's good to hear that sometimes
popperik: This game always has to be sooo difficult...
Yeah, I wish I had started it on Easy instead... it supposedly only has the most important recipes?

A bigger issue IMHO it's that it takes too much time... but there are now "quick game" settings for that!
Randoo: Already tried, both games are in the shelf, the gold edition with the 3 dlc. The store also display the 3 other dlc as owned in the healer page.
try with this link a bit different from the one posted by thiev
Woolytoes: Right now I'm completely confused about the DLC & Edition madness and I pray that we will never see any actual products from Paradox Interactive on GOG. This would be insane.

But it's a nice move that Users from Shinyloot can get a free copy of the game here on GOG.

BTW: I love this long names in the DLC List. Now I have the choice between:

Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition - Ju... <Price Tag>
Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition - N... <Price tag>

or below in under "Buy Series - Complete it"

Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Editi...
Sword of the Stars: Complete Collecti... <-- Huh? Why is this here? xD
Because it's in the same game world or universe :) SOTS: The Pit takes place on one of the many planets you can find within the Sword of the Stars universe :)
BlueTemplar: Sigh, I should have been less subtle...

SPOILER WARNING
http://sword-of-the-stars-the-pit.wikia.com/wiki/Recipes
IronArcturus: Are these recipes only found through trial-and-error? Or are there documents in the game to find?
After testing 100+ combinations by trial and error (and logic), I've only managed to find 2 recipes.
Most of them you'll get by deciphering messages from consoles (and desks) :
(basically no spoilers)
http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/123285/how-do-i-get-more-crafting-recipes
Post edited June 30, 2016 by BlueTemplar
SOTS The PIt is FINALLY updated on gog after over a year??? I think Hell just froze over. :P
Post edited June 30, 2016 by haydenaurion
Randoo: Already tried, both games are in the shelf, the gold edition with the 3 dlc. The store also display the 3 other dlc as owned in the healer page.
DyNaer: try with this link
DyNaer: a bit different from the one posted by thiev
Still no change, I already refreshed with this link from a previous page :(

edit: Logged off/on too
Post edited June 30, 2016 by Randoo
IronArcturus: Are these recipes only found through trial-and-error? Or are there documents in the game to find?
BlueTemplar: After testing 100+ combinations by trial and error (and logic), I've only managed to find 2 recipes.
Most of them you'll get by deciphering messages from consoles (and desks) :
(basically no spoilers)
http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/123285/how-do-i-get-more-crafting-recipes
Thanks for the info!
Randoo: Still no change, I already refreshed with this link from a previous page :(

edit: Logged off/on too
oh, i missed what's you pointed out : yeah it's the same for me.

edit : put the item in the cart the discount should apply (it's the same behaviour as Hard Reset Redux if you own Shadow Warrior 2013 -> if you go back in the store the discount will be applied on the gamecard ... i know that's not a pretty good solution)
Post edited July 01, 2016 by DyNaer
I have the game and all the DLCs on Steam, it would be nice if the game is added to GOG Connect.
Post edited June 30, 2016 by murlakatamenka
BlueTemplar: It's sad how people are getting disappointed now, while they could live blissfully before GoG Connect happened! ;)
If you had to pretend that every feature added is still as new as the day it was announced and should only be considered a surprise gift and never be considered the norm, then I guess you wouldn't be disappointed by anything. But that's not how life works.
So... Gold hasn't changed that much (aside from I assume the installer mechanics which delayed it)? This part of the announcement is just a weird way of saying "we don't sell vanilla and Mind Games separately anymore, but if you buy Gold, you have the option of using a downgraded installation"?

It's nice that the technical issues were sorted out. (Or I hope they were. Downloading Healer now. We'll see.)
So glad to hear this has finally been released!
mothwentbad: So... Gold hasn't changed that much (aside from I assume the installer mechanics which delayed it)? This part of the announcement is just a weird way of saying "we don't sell vanilla and Mind Games separately anymore, but if you buy Gold, you have the option of using a downgraded installation"?

It's nice that the technical issues were sorted out. (Or I hope they were. Downloading Healer now. We'll see.)
The game was also more than a year behind in updates and DLC compared to Steam... (and wasn't Galaxy-compatible)
Post edited June 30, 2016 by BlueTemplar
I'll wait for Sword of the Stars: The Pity Edition, which bundles everything (including the DLC) into one game/installer.