It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

In which we talk about our relationship with you.

Refunds, terms of use, customer support - it's the hot button issue right now and it's been on our minds as well. We thought this might be a pretty good time to say a word or two about how we do things, recent changes, and our approach to your customer experience.

Refunds.

We've got 'em, and here are the basics you might need to know:
You have 30 days, worldwide. Hitting "Buy" doesn't waive your rights.
European Union law states that you should have 14 days to withdraw from a purchase. That's not a bad deal, but it's not always enough. We think that 30 days is more like it, and that worldwide is just nicer - within that period, we only consider your purchase final if you've already started to actually download your game. We want all of our customers to feel that our refund policy is there to give you a comfortable experience - not that we were forced into having one.

You can still get a refund for technical issues after downloading your game.
Downloading a game doesn't mean you're on your own, you still have our guarantee that it works!
If you have your game, but it doesn't work for one of the million reasons that just happen - we're here to help. We want you to be able to play your game, and if you can't, there's no reason why you should be stuck with it. We call this the Money Back Guarantee. If your game doesn't work due to technical issues, and our support team is unable to help you fix it, we'll offer you a refund - and two ways to do it. You'll have the choice of a refund in store credit, (this is almost immediate), or back to your card/PayPal account (if you're okay with waiting a few days to be cleared by your card or account issuer). You have 30 days to contact us after making your purchase, but there's no rush - your refund-timer stops ticking once you get in touch.

Customer support
We think that good customer support is one of the pillars of an awesome GOG.com experience. A hard time getting through to a living, breathing, human being can be one of the most frustrating things ever. But that's just not us.

Our support team is a cool, friendly bunch of people. Emphasis on people. They're really good at what they do, and they're here to provide you with a friendly, personal way to get in touch. We offer in-house tech support for all your problems, crashes, and other (totally not PEBKAC) issues, and we'll provide full support with no time restrictions. If that game you bought two years ago isn't working anymore, we might just be able to help. We'll take the time to walk you through any suggestions, and do our best to accommodate your non-technical needs - but that doesn't mean we can't work fast. Beginning January of this year, the waiting time for your average support ticket response was under 24 hours, and we got your problems completely resolved in under 36 hours.

Still, there's no reason why we couldn't do even better: we recently started offering support on Saturdays and Sundays, and the team just got a bit bigger. You can now write to us in English, French and German, and we plan to include more languages as we continue to expand. We're planning a significant update to our website support section, so finding information and getting in touch should be much easier. Soon, we'll also offer a much finer way to track your purchases and gifts, while all orders eligible for our Money Back Guarantee will be clearly labeled.

That's our two cents. We hope that this gives all of you a better (and much needed) inside look at customer experience and support from our perspective. If you have any questions, feel free to drop us a line in the comments section. We're here to talk!
Post edited March 26, 2015 by Konrad
Trilarion: snip
I meant purchased but not downloaded games .
ne_zavarj: Am i eligible for a refund if i purchase a game / or games for example on Tuesday and then those games will go on sale on Friday ?
Trilarion: Probably not. First because nothing such exists in the general terms. Second because they restrict the sales to a certain time window but having this feature would effectively extend the sale period incredibly long.

If however you have not downloaded the game and live in EU than the 14 days return right should hold (not sure though). So a possibility could be to not download for 14 days and check if the price drops during this time. However to be sure, ask GOG if this right really exists as such with them.

The simplest way however is to always only buy during sales. I do so since two/three years and mostly get the cheapest price without much effort.

Basically what is needed is a pricealert for GOG.com, similar to steampricealert or camelcamelcamel. Then you look into the history, take the lowest price in the last six months, wait until the price is at this price or a certain fraction below, get an alert and buy (most probably within the next six month). Buying at low prices would never be easier.
I believe IsThereAnyDeal.com can be configured to work somewhat along those lines and it supports GOG.
While my previous response to this thread offered a glowing review of the GOG.com customer service system, based on the rapid response time and the helpfulness of the CSO, my latest ticket has been going for 6 days now without reply.

I realise that tickets can get lost in the flood of tickets that must come in, but if a customer service rep reads this, ticket no. ZX47H8QW remains outstanding and is almost a week old. (With no acknowledgement other than the automated one.)

If you could advise by email whether you're able to assist, or else if I should contact paypal about a refund as I received nothing for my payment.

Kind regards,

chenrazee
chenrazee: While my previous response to this thread offered a glowing review of the GOG.com customer service system, based on the rapid response time and the helpfulness of the CSO, my latest ticket has been going for 6 days now without reply.

I realise that tickets can get lost in the flood of tickets that must come in, but if a customer service rep reads this, ticket no. ZX47H8QW remains outstanding and is almost a week old. (With no acknowledgement other than the automated one.)

If you could advise by email whether you're able to assist, or else if I should contact paypal about a refund as I received nothing for my payment.

Kind regards,

chenrazee
A little bump for you, so hopefully someone from GOG will see this and sort it for you. They are normally very good at sorting payment problems, so you shouldn't have to go to the bother of contacting paypal.

Hope it gets sorted soon.
high rated
chenrazee: While my previous response to this thread offered a glowing review of the GOG.com customer service system, based on the rapid response time and the helpfulness of the CSO, my latest ticket has been going for 6 days now without reply.

Kind regards,

chenrazee
Sorry about that. We had some issues with processing refunds late last week, and, because the issue was outside of our own system, we didn't know when these would get fixed. They are fixed now, and I have just issued your refund. I will reply to your ticket momentarily.
Once again - I'm sorry about the delay.
Firek,

Once again you guys have done an amazing job on delivering top-notch customer service to your consumer base. Despite the hiccup, I'm really happy with the response. I look forward to many more GOG.com purchases.

Many thanks,

chenrazee

Kind regards,

chenrazee
Firek: Sorry about that. We had some issues with processing refunds late last week, and, because the issue was outside of our own system, we didn't know when these would get fixed. They are fixed now, and I have just issued your refund. I will reply to your ticket momentarily.
Once again - I'm sorry about the delay.
Still no update from GOG about the FEAR SecuROM files and registry issue.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/fear_installed_securom_all_over_my_computer_does_anyone_know_how_to_get_rid_of_it

Come on GOG, I really had hoped for some update by now, especially as Firek said something was being worked on to resolve it.
korell: Still no update from GOG about the FEAR SecuROM files and registry issue.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/fear_installed_securom_all_over_my_computer_does_anyone_know_how_to_get_rid_of_it

Come on GOG, I really had hoped for some update by now, especially as Firek said something was being worked on to resolve it.
As we've previously said, the files are a remnant of old DRM that is no longer active.

They serve no actual purpose, but their removal in a way that would keep all of the game's functionalities intact and stable would be a lot of work. Our tech team is currently swamped with other tasks (i.e. launching a ton of games, the GOG Galaxy project, preparations for the The Witcher 3 release, an much, MUCH more we can't reveal yet).

Since this is *not* DRM (as it does not in any way lock the game), but instead a simple inefficiency in how drive space is used, it's not a top-priority issue at the moment - however, it is one we do plan to fix and there will be updates when we do have updates to share. :)
high rated
Ciris: As we've previously said, the files are a remnant of old DRM that is no longer active.
But the worrying part is where Firek said:

"Unless any other game actually installs SecuROM (one that "works"), these files serve no purpose"

So what if the user does have other non-GOG SecuROM active games installed?

Some users have suggested in that same thread that it just needs FEARMP.EXE replacing so that the calls to create the SecuROM files and registry never get kicked off. Someone said to replace it with an exe that just shows a message saying that multiplayer is not available, and to use FEAR Combat (freely available) instead.

Anyway, thanks for replying and letting us know that this is still on the GOG to-do list. It is the first we've heard from GOG on this issue in almost exactly 2 months (Feb 20th was the last response I'm aware of). In the topic of this thread, I feel that more frequent updates from GOG on these matters would improve the customer experience.
Martek: To this day, despite numerous threads on the topic, I don't recall GOG ever even addressing the concern about being unable to use the game search to find games with P.E.R.I.O.D.S. in their name. Well, unless you happen to know a non-period portiion of the name by which to search instead.
I noticed today that p.e.r.i.o.d. searches now work!

Thank you for fixing this!
Ciris: As we've previously said, the files are a remnant of old DRM that is no longer active.

They serve no actual purpose, but their removal in a way that would keep all of the game's functionalities intact and stable would be a lot of work. Our tech team is currently swamped with other tasks (i.e. launching a ton of games, the GOG Galaxy project, preparations for the The Witcher 3 release, an much, MUCH more we can't reveal yet).

Since this is *not* DRM (as it does not in any way lock the game), but instead a simple inefficiency in how drive space is used, it's not a top-priority issue at the moment - however, it is one we do plan to fix and there will be updates when we do have updates to share. :)
Thanks a bunch for this update Ciris, it's nice to get these little communications from GOG to keep us up to scratch from time to time. When I read what you wrote though the most important and interesting part of it all was the part that reads:

"... MUCH more we can't reveal yet."

That gave me a tingling sensation in my loins! </TMI>

I want a GOG.com branded Mastercard now... throw that in your internal suggestion box or something... ;)
Ciris: MUCH more
Why doing that to our poor sols, huh? :(
Post edited May 04, 2015 by vicklemos
I've thought about the 'much more' part for a few hours now and while it could mean any number of things, my mind's eye is rampantly speculating. ;oP I'm thinking maybe another big name publisher with some highly anticipated game(s)? Maybe the NOLF games that have been in legal hell? Maybe another big game drop from Disney or Warner? Perhaps some actual hollywood movies or TV show content under the Movies section? Yes, all of these things have complexities to them but they'd all be considered "much more" too, and we've had other things show up here before that we never thought would happen too.

You guys sure know how to build up suspense! hehe
Ciris: MUCH more
Now the Bethesda rumors can start :P
blotunga: Now the Bethesda rumors can start :P
Can you imagine how apeshit people would go if the Elder Scrolls series showed up here along with the id Software catalogue? I could be mistaken but I don't think any of those games have any DRM on them anyway... :)