It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Damn, I missed out on Papers, Please. The last game I was trying to get. Best of luck to everyone else.
high rated
txnca: Right!? Can you imagine playing an updated version of Fallout 1 or 2?
eiii: Right, have played UQM on linux, still bought StarControl (for this price) just to try it out.

Has Zork been that fast? Just remember Hitman having a few copies, than work called and next I could grab was Heretic ...
Yep, Zork went fast!
high rated
odbo255: But the nostalgia! The nostalgia is why you purchase a REALLY old game. it's just not the same playing a (even superior) remake.
Gnostic: But that does not help games new to this.

The reason for new games should be the free superior version may be incompatible with window 9, 10 , 11 or such due to it is free, GOG will have to make it work because they are paid
Since games like OpenTTD or Ur Quan Masters are open source, it's always possible for maintainers to update it for use with new library versions, etc. However, GOG often does not have the source, so their options are limited. Without projects like DosBox, you could hardly play old 16bit games on modern 64bit Windows with proper sound and speed.
high rated
eiii: Has Zork been that fast? Just remember Hitman having a few copies, than work called and next I could grab was Heretic ...
1 minute 18 seconds. It was helped by there only being 100 copies available.
high rated
Kamamura: It's the same as Transport Tycoon - OpenTTD is so vastly superior that I would not touch the original anymore.
Isn't the main difference in OpenTTD an extremely superintelligent AI (compared to the really dumb one in the original)? I'm a fan of TTD, but I'm afraid to install OpenTTD because I've always preferred to build my transport empire in a relaxed and not overly competitive way.
high rated
txnca: Right!? Can you imagine playing an updated version of Fallout 1 or 2?
eiii: Right, have played UQM on linux, still bought StarControl (for this price) just to try it out.
I have UQM and have played it and it is a nice game. I also have Star Control 1-3 and enjoy them as well. I try not to compare as there is no point.

Has Zork been that fast? Just remember Hitman having a few copies, than work called and next I could grab was Heretic ...
I clicked buy when it said 100 and when I finished it was showing the next game already!
high rated
Hi everyone,

I managed to get back before the games I a mwaiting for went on sale. :D
high rated
Kamamura: It's the same as Transport Tycoon - OpenTTD is so vastly superior that I would not touch the original anymore.
Artoemius: Isn't the main difference in OpenTTD an extremely superintelligent AI (compared to the really dumb one in the original)? I'm a fan of TTD, but I'm afraid to install OpenTTD because I've always preferred to build my transport empire in a relaxed and not overly competitive way.
You can build it anyway you chose to with OpenTTD. I don't have the original and found OTTD one day and fell in love with it. Nice game with lots of options and cool add-ins.
high rated
Was there a system glitch or am I the only one seeing a swath of comments that are all "high rated" in an unbroken block?
high rated
Pidgeot: With one of these

Or one of these

On other consoles, I think you just move a cursor and press the A button.
IAmSinistar: Now you're pointing with power!
You people are so advanced.
Why not this one.
high rated
Artoemius: Isn't the main difference in OpenTTD an extremely superintelligent AI (compared to the really dumb one in the original)? I'm a fan of TTD, but I'm afraid to install OpenTTD because I've always preferred to build my transport empire in a relaxed and not overly competitive way.
The differences are many. The system is now fully modular, you can install new gfx, sound, scenario, even AI plugins. You can turn off AI altogether if it bothers you, and play a sandbox.

But it also has other features like path-based signalling that were never in the original.
high rated
Open Source is good, even more when you just can install the game from your distribution repository.
But for me it depends on the price. When I can get the original for a rather low price like StarControl now or Seven Kingdoms before I like to try out the originals too, just for curiosity and to know for myself which one I prefer.
high rated
IAmSinistar: Was there a system glitch or am I the only one seeing a swath of comments that are all "high rated" in an unbroken block?
HUH?!
high rated
IAmSinistar: Was there a system glitch or am I the only one seeing a swath of comments that are all "high rated" in an unbroken block?
I see it too. Wonder why.
high rated
I see it, too. I guess maybe people are really, uh, enjoying other people right now. Can you feel the love?