It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Deals so good, you won't want to fall asleep.
You remember back when you used to walk into a store, browse the shelves, pick out a game, and then buy it--all in the actual real world? We don't know about you, but most of us at GOG.com have had our limbs atrophy to small vestigial nubbins since all of our shopping happens online these days. Of course, one thing that sometimes happens in real world stores with real world goods--particularly when they have a good sale--is that they run out of stock. Usually that means that the deal was so good that they couldn't keep up with demand.

Well, in the digital realm, this is usually pretty rare. How do you run out of stock on digital games, short of entropy devouring the universe? Well, we have gotten 101 games that will be on sale on the front page of GOG.com, but the discounts are so high at the moment that we can't just sell an unlimited number of copies of these games: we are only able to sell a few at these discounts--up to 80% off--and once they're gone, they're gone.

So what games will be on sale in our Insomnia promo? Bestselling classics and new games alike. There will also occasionally be some free games in super limited numbers (like, 20 or 30 copies)--if you're fast enough on the trigger finger to pick 'em up, that is. The deal will run from now until we're out of "stock" of games for the sale, and games may show up more than once. So it's time to bathe in a tub of coffee*, dip some espresso**, snort an energy drink***, or do whatever else it takes to stay up so you don't miss out on the best deals on fantastic games on GOG.com since summer.
*This is probably not a good idea
**This is definitely not a good idea
***This is totally safe, though****
****NO IT'S NOT WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU CRAZY PERSON
Post edited November 13, 2013 by TheEnigmaticT
CorranHorn: If not, then all you have to do is find the place where they buried all the games and start digging=).
Daz12380: thats some desert correct?
Close. A landfill in New Mexico. They melted them all first, though, in case someone might steal them. That was really overoptimistic on that part.

See, the thing is, I *DO* have it (we got it when it was new, before the reviews were out), and it really is that bad.
To clarify, I am actually serious, I really do like the Mega CD. Fight me if you think I'm wrong in this.

Though I've noted that everyone seems to be talking about every console BUT the Mega CD now...

ozzyoscy: Guys, let's talk about the Sega Mega CD, the best console of all time.
Shendue: Don't be silly. The Sega Wondermega is the best console of all time.
I Googled this to find it's actually a real console. I thought you were taking the piss.

RandomJC: ...*gunshot*
You have no taste.

snip3rfire: Mate, Virtual Boy is where it's at.
That does look epic.

Daz12380: i realy liked the n64 had zelda oricania of time. does anyone know why the gamecube didnt do well. i brought one great system to be fair to it but it was so hard to find games for it. six months after i brought it there was a game on sale for it well i was on holiday which i brought and at the desk the woman said you do know this is a gamecube game dont you?
I had an N64 a few years ago, but games are too expensive and the only game I enjoyed was Mario Kart, so I sold it. However I then got a free N64 and games a few years later, and a shit load of accessories, so it's all good.

I don't know how the GameCube's tech compared with PS2 and Xbox, but it was marketed like a children's toy. Ps2 and Xbox were just 'cooler' while GC was a tiny toybox with cute little discs with cute Mario, Zelda and Pokemon games. It is indeed a fine console, just not spectacular and Nintendo's analness about edginess must've killed it.

Johnmourby: Neigh sir! The most marvellous Vectrex is the greatest console of them all. Shame all who think otherwise.
I am learning about some crazy consoles today.

ozzyoscy: Guys, let's talk about the Sega Mega CD, the best console of all time.
Shendue: http://youtu.be/MmjzKCOVumg
Dat music.
implord66: The last one I got was Might and Magic Vi with the cloth map and fold out hotkey cardboard layout.
golea: I couldn't tell you when I got the last one. I was told, that Skyrim or the first Expansion didnt even contain a DVD anymore. Just a piece of paper with a steam code on it.
EA's been doing this for quite a while, just with Origin codes or other things for DLC. They did that for all the scam/rip-off pay-for towns. All you get is a sheet that gives you the code to redeem it on the Sims 3 site.
CorranHorn: If not, then all you have to do is find the place where they buried all the games and start digging=).
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22766511
Uzur9: That cardboard big box goodness.
implord66: The last one I got was Might and Magic Vi with the cloth map and fold out hotkey cardboard layout.
Think the last big boxed I got and that was Christmas YEARS AGO. Icewind Dale + HoW. I still happen to have 2 Gold Box SSI games :)
has final for evoland gone by yet?
also.. has BoUT:critter chronicles been in this at all?
golea: I couldn't tell you when I got the last one. I was told, that Skyrim or the first Expansion didnt even contain a DVD anymore. Just a piece of paper with a steam code on it.
That's like my physical copy of Command and Conquer complete... I got a soundtrack disc and had to download all the games through Origin. :/
zavlin: has final for evoland gone by yet?
also.. has BoUT:critter chronicles been in this at all?
Yup, Evoland is outta here.
That's super disappointing.
Hi! Has Anyone Seen Heroes of might and magic 5 today in final sale? although I think I have seen more then a couple of games final sale more then once.
TheJayDaB: Hi! Has Anyone Seen Heroes of might and magic 5 today in final sale? although I think I have seen more then a couple of games final sale more then once.
that already came and went...
ozzyoscy: To clarify, I am actually serious, I really do like the Mega CD. Fight me if you think I'm wrong in this.

Though I've noted that everyone seems to be talking about every console BUT the Mega CD now...

Shendue: Don't be silly. The Sega Wondermega is the best console of all time.
ozzyoscy: I Googled this to find it's actually a real console. I thought you were taking the piss.

RandomJC: ...*gunshot*
ozzyoscy: You have no taste.

snip3rfire: Mate, Virtual Boy is where it's at.
ozzyoscy: That does look epic.

Daz12380: i realy liked the n64 had zelda oricania of time. does anyone know why the gamecube didnt do well. i brought one great system to be fair to it but it was so hard to find games for it. six months after i brought it there was a game on sale for it well i was on holiday which i brought and at the desk the woman said you do know this is a gamecube game dont you?
ozzyoscy: I had an N64 a few years ago, but games are too expensive and the only game I enjoyed was Mario Kart, so I sold it. However I then got a free N64 and games a few years later, and a shit load of accessories, so it's all good.

I don't know how the GameCube's tech compared with PS2 and Xbox, but it was marketed like a children's toy. Ps2 and Xbox were just 'cooler' while GC was a tiny toybox with cute little discs with cute Mario, Zelda and Pokemon games. It is indeed a fine console, just not spectacular and Nintendo's analness about edginess must've killed it.

Johnmourby: Neigh sir! The most marvellous Vectrex is the greatest console of them all. Shame all who think otherwise.
ozzyoscy: I am learning about some crazy consoles today.

ozzyoscy: Dat music.
the great thing about the gamecube was that it reached the spoltlight in our home when our ps2 broke (disc drive) and had to be sent off for repairs
TheJayDaB: Hi! Has Anyone Seen Heroes of might and magic 5 today in final sale? although I think I have seen more then a couple of games final sale more then once.
HOMM5 was up few hours ago and it sold out. Sorry. :(
Post edited November 16, 2013 by MGShogun
saruchan: Close. A landfill in New Mexico. They melted them all first, though, in case someone might steal them. That was really overoptimistic on that part.

See, the thing is, I *DO* have it (we got it when it was new, before the reviews were out), and it really is that bad.
But it did have some things that where pretty innovative, as I understand it the problem was that it was an unfinished buggy game and the player didn´t know what to do.
Skyrim came with a disc. My friend got it for me for my birthday when it came out. Shiny, slim DVD case WITH a DVD-Disc!