It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Painted_Doll: off topic

Are there any similar games on Gog like Grimoire ?
If you mean dungeon crawler-ish games, there are a ton. But admittedly I have a broad definition of dungeon crawler. :D

Some examples:

Legend of Grimrock 2 and StarCrawlers (sci-fi setting) would be the most modern I'd say.
Then there are the Might & Magic games, the Wizardry games, Elminage Gothic, Stonekeep, Paper Sorcerer.

A bit different are the RPM dungeon-crawlers like Duskers (sci-fi setting), Sword of the Stars: The Pit (sci-fi setting), and Barony.
Post edited August 06, 2017 by Piranjade
Painted_Doll: Are there any similar games on Gog like Grimoire ?
Wizardry 6-8
Piranjade: A newly created Twitch account by the name "texasarcane", which might or might not be Cleve, popped up in a Twitch streamers Chat and was... charming.
Said Twitch streamer had been streaming for about 6 hours at that time and had trouble finding the solution to something at that point of the game.

IF it was Cleve this is pretty interesting behaviour towards a streamer who bought his game and, until that point, was even enjoying it.
I personally don't think the comments are that bad. If someone can't handle being told to slow down and concentrate, then that person's got other problems to worry about I reckon.
Thanks for the help .
htown1980: I personally don't think the comments are that bad. If someone can't handle being told to slow down and concentrate, then that person's got other problems to worry about I reckon.
Oh, the streamer stayed cool, no worries there.

*I* do think that saying "This is not a game for kids with bipolar disorders." (which was aimed at the streamer's mental health) is an interesting way to treat your customers (if it was indeed Cleve), especially as that streamer had been enjoying that game that far.
Post edited August 06, 2017 by Piranjade
Piranjade: A newly created Twitch account by the name "texasarcane", which might or might not be Cleve, popped up in a Twitch streamers Chat and was... charming.
Said Twitch streamer had been streaming for about 6 hours at that time and had trouble finding the solution to something at that point of the game.

IF it was Cleve this is pretty interesting behaviour towards a streamer who bought his game and, until that point, was even enjoying it.
htown1980: I personally don't think the comments are that bad. If someone can't handle being told to slow down and concentrate, then that person's got other problems to worry about I reckon.
Calling a streamer (or anyone else, for that matter) a "kid with bipolar disorders" is not just telling someone to slow down and concentrate, in my book. Plus, Piranjade didn't even mention the reaction of the streamer themselves; they might have just dismissed the messages, for all we know. Maybe the streamer *did* handle being told to slow down and concentrate. I wouldn't blame them if they didn't handle being told they are kids with a bipolar disorder, however. Or that this is a "thinking man's game", which implies the streamer is dumb and not a proper "thinking person", thus making the game one of those elitist titles that just some "enlightened few" can truly appreciate and enjoy. All of this is kind of rude and offensive, to me, honestly.

I don't know if that account is Cleve's, or not, but either way they behaved like a self-entitled elitist douche and, yes, they were downright offensive, those messages aren't just trying to convey "cool down and focus", they are telling someone that they are childish, have mental disabilities and are not "worthy" of this "superior" game.

[EDIT] Ninja'd by Piranjade. I figured the streamer would have been mostly cool about the messages.
Post edited August 06, 2017 by groze
So, he's a creator that openly belittles and insults his consumers? He fits in perfectly with the overwhelming majority of his peers then, I look forward to his game getting released on GOG.
thomq: From the video linked on its page, someone named kingdragon plays for about an hour. In the beginning area there's a pedestal of sorts named the "Cornerstone of Hyperborea". Perhaps a homonym for "hyperbole"? Its description:

Rather appropriate joshing of itself.
GR00T: Not sure if it was intentional or just accidental, but Hyperborea is actually from Greek mythology.
Hyperborea was also the world Robert E. Howard set his Conan stories in. Other fantasy writers have used it as a name as well.
Post edited August 06, 2017 by tomimt
So is this good? Bad? Somewhere in the middle? A Wizardry/Might&Magic level blobber is more than welcome.

Weird that it's on Steam first when the old-school blobber crowd is much stronger here.
Piranjade: IF it was Cleve
Sounds like Cleve alright. I'm sure he meant well, even though he phrased it in typical Cleve Blakemorean fashion.
getrdy: So is this good? Bad? Somewhere in the middle? A Wizardry/Might&Magic level blobber is more than welcome.

Weird that it's on Steam first when the old-school blobber crowd is much stronger here.
The patience for nutcases like Cleveland Mark Blakemore is also much thinner on GOG than over on Steam, so that must be a factor to weigh in, as well.

Plus, I've seen a few gameplay videos on Youtube and some streams on twitch, and my impression is that the GOG old school (or, how Cleve "I'm a Neanderthal" Blakemore would put it, "old skool") dungeon crawler/blobber crowd wouldn't be impressed by the current state of the game. There are way more people on Steam who willingly buy unfinished "masterpieces" than on GOG; I assume people in here -- who are definitely more knowledgeable in the blobber genre -- wouldn't be as kind towards the game as Steam users have been, so far. I could be wrong, obviously, but it's what seems more likely, to me.
groze: The patience for nutcases like Cleveland Mark Blakemore is also much thinner on GOG than over on Steam, so that must be a factor to weigh in, as well.

Plus, I've seen a few gameplay videos on Youtube and some streams on twitch, and my impression is that the GOG old school (or, how Cleve "I'm a Neanderthal" Blakemore would put it, "old skool") dungeon crawler/blobber crowd wouldn't be impressed by the current state of the game. There are way more people on Steam who willingly buy unfinished "masterpieces" than on GOG; I assume people in here -- who are definitely more knowledgeable in the blobber genre -- wouldn't be as kind towards the game as Steam users have been, so far. I could be wrong, obviously, but it's what seems more likely, to me.
Uh, neanderthal? What?

And thanks man, I'll wait and see if it makes it through the gog curation then. I want to hear what my fellow blobber-lovers think of this before I pay that much money.
groze: The patience for nutcases like Cleveland Mark Blakemore is also much thinner on GOG than over on Steam, so that must be a factor to weigh in, as well.

getrdy: Uh, neanderthal? What?

And thanks man, I'll wait and see if it makes it through the gog curation then. I want to hear what my fellow blobber-lovers think of this before I pay that much money.
This has probably been addressed a million times in this thread alone, but, basically, Cleve thinks of himself as a Neanderthal, and he "advocates" that being a Neanderthal is better than being a "Sapiens". He probably thinks Neanderthals are more "old skool" than Sapiens, I guess?

I also apologize for not linking to thoughts and quotes of Mr. Blakemore on the Neanderthal issue, but I just can't be bothered to waste that much time and effort on him. You can do that of your own volition, if you feel so inclined.
groze: This has probably been addressed a million times in this thread alone, but, basically, Cleve thinks of himself as a Neanderthal, and he "advocates" that being a Neanderthal is better than being a "Sapiens". He probably thinks Neanderthals are more "old skool" than Sapiens, I guess?

I also apologize for not linking to thoughts and quotes of Mr. Blakemore on the Neanderthal issue, but I just can't be bothered to waste that much time and effort on him. You can do that of your own volition, if you feel so inclined.
I can't tell if you're mocking me or are being serious. Is this a gog in-joke?
getrdy: I can't tell if you're mocking me or are being serious. Is this a gog in-joke?
Nope, it isn't.
Cleve does believe himself to be the last or one of the last Neanderthals around and claims that a doctor of some kind has confirmed that.
IIRC his blog is called Texas Arcane or something like that