It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

dirtyharry50:
Daw, I was hoping the version would, even though not GOG, at least be Steam free. We'll see if Steam actually accepts him. I know they denied Redshift games, so there's a good chance that they wouldn't be too open to this.

I'm not big on supporting unknown products either, this just has so much potential to be awesome. Really hoping he actually makes the late (?) May release. If it's as long as he says it is, going to need a lot of time sit down with this.
dirtyharry50: Maybe he is paranoid about people pirating the game before he's had an opportunity to make some money on it? That's all just a guess since only Cleve knows what Cleve is thinking but it does seem plausible enough to me.
This is the impression i get. He sound like bit of a cock too :P.
There's hope, after all!
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/grimoire-demo-available.75724/page-138#post-2654029

The ball is in GOG's court, it seems.
Oh, nice find.
http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/grimoire_heralds_of_the_winged_exemplar - EVERYONE VOTE!!

I pledged to his Indiegogo thing and I'd like my copy of the game here.
you know..judging from the indiegogo campaign thought the game was pretty much finished and extra fund eds were needed to polish debug etc?
and ball in gog court? I liked the demo...but remember this is a 25 buck crowd sourced game minimum tier.and will be priced higher on release. hmmmm
I was following this game for a really long time, but when I finally played the demo... man, what a flop! Wasn't impressed at all...
Dahmer666: I was following this game for a really long time, but when I finally played the demo... man, what a flop! Wasn't impressed at all...
Heresy! How can you say this? Never mind, please don't even tell me.

This game is made of awesome mixed with win and when it releases, babies will fly and I will run down the main street of my town proclaiming the glorious news that Grimoire has at last arrived and with it MASSIVE INCLINE!!!
Dahmer666: I was following this game for a really long time, but when I finally played the demo... man, what a flop! Wasn't impressed at all...
Its supposed to harken back to the good old days of Bards Tales type games.
I liked the demo myself to be honest despite the possible price
Latest news on Grimoire from Cleve follows below. He couldn't make a May release but he is getting close and is working hard on the game. He'll catch a lot of flak for this in some places I imagine but I am glad he's holding off until he feels it is really ready for prime time. I remain confident it will be worth the wait personally.

Here's the latest update:

"First of all, I want to apologize for my game being late. I knew at the start of May there was too much piling up to finish it by the end of this month. I could tell you about the work I have had to do this month, including relocating my entire family … but I don’t want you to think that I believe that is any reason for it not to be completed as quickly as possible .

I am now working on it every night, usually until midnight. I have tooltips working pretty well and have worked my way through a hundred bugs and glitches. There isn’t much left to do in terms of bug fixing but there still remains a lot of testing and walkthrough.

I will promise a new update video in early June, a superdemo for the pledges only (which I am trying to make compatible for any saved games in the final version) and a new target date for the release.

Again, I apologize. The game is looking good enough to fulfill most of the expectations for it but there still remains some work to get it into a release state. I also promise at this time to do far more regular updating until the game is out and the pledges are met. I have early draft versions of the manual and the hint guide which still need some editing to complete.

Thanks,
Cleve Blakemore"
RaggieRags: Why wouldn't GOG want Grimoire?
Because DRM.
RaggieRags: Why wouldn't GOG want Grimoire?
solzariv: Because DRM.
I doubt there will be any added DRM beyond it possibly appearing on Steam and even there it may like some other titles not have any DRM either since it would not be supporting any Steamplay features.
dirtyharry50: I doubt there will be any added DRM beyond it possibly appearing on Steam and even there it may like some other titles not have any DRM either since it would not be supporting any Steamplay features.
Clive promised there will be:
Only pledges will get DRM-free copies of Grimoire once it is completed.
...so it's a toss-up, really.
I just finished watching the video on the Indiegogo page. Started watching it when the page first launched.

Turns out it's too late to back?
TheJoe: I just finished watching the video on the Indiegogo page. Started watching it when the page first launched.

Turns out it's too late to back?
Well, on a bright note you will probably get the game with all the extras on GOG for 15 bucks whereas I pledged the cheapest pledge at 25. You win!
dirtyharry50: I doubt there will be any added DRM beyond it possibly appearing on Steam and even there it may like some other titles not have any DRM either since it would not be supporting any Steamplay features.
Starmaker: Clive promised there will be:

Only pledges will get DRM-free copies of Grimoire once it is completed.
Starmaker: ...so it's a toss-up, really.
Saw this as well and considering the base tier on indiegogo was $25 , doubt it will be cheaper than $30ish on GOG, *if* it ever gets here.

Has he said anything further about releasing it drm free ie GOG ?.
Post edited June 01, 2013 by nijuu