It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ZFR: Whaaat? Where did I write that the president would investigate the chancellor? ...
Brasas: I think I know what he is refering to. I'll try to find it...
Yes i found it (its not the one he was quoting which is what confused me)
What I meant there was that P might be suspicious of C and want to investigate him, but if C wasnt passed 2F policies, this no longer becomes necessary.

Anyway Im stopping now because this is becoming a farce. Im beginning to suspect this whole thing's purpose was just to tarnish my image. "Cant trust this ZFR. No smoke without fire".

My posts and reasonings ate there for all to see. Make up your own minds. I would care more if we werent in such a good position anyway.

Brasas: I think I know what he is refering to. I'll try to find it...
What I meant there was that P might be suspicious of C and want to investigate him, but if C wasnt passed 2F policies, this no longer becomes necessary.

Anyway Im stopping now because this is becoming a farce. Im beginning to suspect this whole thing's purpose was just to tarnish my image. "Cant trust this ZFR. No smoke without fire".

My posts and reasonings ate there for all to see. Make up your own minds. I would care more if we werent in such a good position anyway.

Post edited April 20, 2018 by ZFR
supplementscene: Does Bookwyrm like Zeo see who's drawn which roles?
No. I've been told less than you people have about the game, since you at least know your own alignment.

ZFR: <Posted 6 minutes ago, edited 2 minutes ago>
Bad ZFR! No cookie for you!

Double posting = Editing! No editing = No double posting!

Um. No Triple posting either. Because that's also editing. Remember the "New Page" bug, where your post might not show up if it is the first (and only) post on a new page.
Post edited April 20, 2018 by Bookwyrm627
ZFR: What I meant there was that P might be suspicious of C and want to investigate him, but if C wasnt passed 2F policies, this no longer becomes necessary.
Hmmmm...

Your double negative is confusing me, but:

"For one thing, the president might want to inverstigate the chancellor based on how the policy went...."

Is subtly different from "the president might want to not inverstigate"...

If I understand you are saying you missed a not in that sentence, I find it weak tea...

PS: Now that is an aberration of a posting. I'm calling it the Cerberus effect for its three-headed nature. No idea if it's a documented bug. Maybe Adalia will know...

PPS: Hi Adalia! *waves* Replacing scum is tough luck huh?
If ZFR is liberal, he must have pulled his hair a lot of times during this game:D
Anyway @ZFR would you care to discuss investigation tactics and preferences for investogation given we're awaiting the election results? Why not start discussions early? It makes it interesting because you presumably will have the same perspective regarding investigations if you don't get elected.

Ofcourse if ZFR does get elected and passes a Lib policy he starts to look trustworthy anyway. And from ZFR's perspective if he is Liberal this isn't an unlikely scenario.

Bookwyrm627:
Can Bookwyrm provide his/her game analysis or is this against game rules?
Brasas: PPS: Hi Adalia! *waves* Replacing scum is tough luck huh?
I wouldn't know (well, in this instance anyway, I have done it before at least once).

So I've been thinking of the ins and outs of this game and how it differs from Mafia. My first assumption was that the Fascists would seek to remain undetected for as long as possible as in Mafia which means that passing fascist polices (and winning) would be very difficult. But thinking about it all the Fascists need to do is pass three policies (ie all Fascists become chancellor once) and then hope Hitler has remained undetected and liberal enough to become chancellor.

And as president a fascist has pretty much free reign to do what they want (as long as they draw the right cards). Two fascists would basically never pass a liberal policy (well, never is a strong word. They might if they already have a lead, or as the first government) as they could easily collaborate each others stories and pretend they had no choice.

So what does this mean?
Of the three governments we've had;
greeklover and supplementscene
supplementscene and RWarehall
lifthrasil and greeklover
All passed liberal policies.

greek is pretty much guaranteed to be liberal (or Hitler, though that's a question for later). I can't see a fascist passing a third liberal policy as chancellor.
lift is a fairly strong bet for liberal; if he had got two liberal policies or two fascist policies it would have made sense to pass both to greek rather than giving him a choice and confirming him.
So that leaves scene and RWarehall. I could definitely see scene passing a liberal policy first round as a new fascist so that doesn't really indicate alignment significantly. Passing two liberal policies to RWarehall could well be a newbie liberal move to try and guarantee a liberal policy or it could be scum trying to prevent RWarehall from being confirmed. So in my eyes while they both have points neither are sure liberals to me. And scenes pushing and twisting of ZFRs words remind me of my own early scum plays trying to incriminate a townie just a little too hard, so I am wary of him.

If I remember the discussions correctly I believe we still have two governments before we reshuffle so chances are we are going to see at least one fascist (if not two) policy regardless of the alignment of those involved.
Which puts us in a good spot as we still only need two policies to win once the new deck is shuffled, but fascists only need one before they can win through electing Hitler so it's not a certain victory yet.

As for investigations... I'm not sure whether we should attempt to confirm a Liberal (say supplement or RWarehall), investigate a possible Fascist (ZFR but obviously not if he is president) or a complete unknown (say me or Brasas possibly), on one hand knowing some fascists would mean we can avoid them for president or chancellor but knowing a confirmed Liberal means we can safely vote them as chancellor if three fascist policies are passed.

Anyway, I think I've rambled on enough for now.
supplementscene: Can Bookwyrm provide his/her game analysis or is this against game rules?
Define "game analysis".
Bookwyrm627: No. I've been told less than you people have about the game, since you at least know your own alignment.

ZFR: <Posted 6 minutes ago, edited 2 minutes ago>
Bookwyrm627: Bad ZFR! No cookie for you!

Double posting = Editing! No editing = No double posting!

Um. No Triple posting either. Because that's also editing. Remember the "New Page" bug, where your post might not show up if it is the first (and only) post on a new page.
Sorry.

Sorry.

Sorry.
Brasas: ...
Yes, I'm Hitler, pardon, not Hitler; vanilla fascist, because I miscommunicated what I meant.

greeklover: If ZFR is liberal, he must have pulled his hair a lot of times during this game:D
You don't know the half of it...
@adalia: thanks for summing up your view of the game. That was some fast catching up! Great! I agree on the relative ratings of greek and scene (greek: quite solid Liberal, scene: leaning liberal, but might still be Hitler)

As for whom to investigate: I would suggest investigating one of the future president candidates that we talked about. If we follow the 'minimum number of unknown governments before cycling back to Greek' strategy, we need two presidents. So investigating RW or Brasas (or dedo) might make sense.

Of course, investigations always come with a big caveat: the president, who does the investigating, is part of the government which just passed a fascist policy. So, after an investigation result the real WIFOM game starts. Do we trust the president? There are many factors influencing the credibility of an investigation result, so this will be a case-by-case decision for each of us. Whoever the next president will be, he still has a good chance to draw a liberal card. But we most probably will get a fascist policy before re-shuffling.

But something different: @Brasas: you're still shown as not having voted in the list. Didn't you say that you already voted? If so, please remind the mod that you did, so that he can correct the list and move the game along.
Lifthrasil: As for whom to investigate: I would suggest investigating one of the future president candidates that we talked about. If we follow the 'minimum number of unknown governments before cycling back to Greek' strategy, we need two presidents. So investigating RW or Brasas (or dedo) might make sense.
Well, I just read something about investigations in the strategy guide and I am not sure if we should investigate brasas or blotunga. The strategy guide said that we shouldn't create a chance for what is called a "chain investigation" meaning that if we investigate brasas and then he becomes president and passes a fascist policy, he gets to investigate. I didn't quite understand why this is bad but anyone interested could read that strategy guide here and/or explain.

https://secrethitler.tartanllama.xyz
Lifthrasil: As for whom to investigate: I would suggest investigating one of the future president candidates that we talked about. If we follow the 'minimum number of unknown governments before cycling back to Greek' strategy, we need two presidents. So investigating RW or Brasas (or dedo) might make sense.
greeklover: Well, I just read something about investigations in the strategy guide and I am not sure if we should investigate brasas or blotunga. The strategy guide said that we shouldn't create a chance for what is called a "chain investigation" meaning that if we investigate brasas and then he becomes president and passes a fascist policy, he gets to investigate. I didn't quite understand why this is bad but anyone interested could read that strategy guide here and/or explain.

If you by some fluke or bad luck pass a fascist policy, you can investigate me. At this point you're probably the only person I can trust.
@ZFR did you miss my post where I was asking if you would care to discuss investigation tactics and preferences for investogation given we're awaiting the election results? Why not start discussions early? It makes it interesting because you presumably will have the same perspective regarding investigations if you don't get elected.

If we put our differences aside this is a reasonable request at this stage and if you have reason to change that investigation you can explain that at the given stage.

greeklover: Well, I just read something about investigations in the strategy guide and I am not sure if we should investigate brasas or blotunga. The strategy guide said that we shouldn't create a chance for what is called a "chain investigation" meaning that if we investigate brasas and then he becomes president and passes a fascist policy, he gets to investigate. I didn't quite understand why this is bad but anyone interested could read that strategy guide here and/or explain.

The problem is if Brasas is a fascist and called liberal by a fascist investigation and then Brasas is also a fascist and also claims Hitler or a Fascist is liberal while claiming a liberal is a fascist.

Any investigation in theory has a 60% chance of being accurate and if you're a liberal maybe less than that. Although would Hitler lie on an investigation and raise the chances of him being found out?

Either way I'm unsure how reliable any investigations can be.
supplementscene: @ZFR did you miss my post where I was asking if you would care to discuss investigation tactics and preferences for investogation given we're awaiting the election results? Why not start discussions early? It makes it interesting because you presumably will have the same perspective regarding investigations if you don't get .
Investigate one of the last batch. Cristi/adalia, brasas, blotunga
My hunch is that the ZFR government will fail. So if we want to hand back rule as fast as possible to greek/scene we should probably have a government headed by RWarehall then a government headed by me (skip two, vote one). That would also use up the first round if I'm not forgetting something. Even if we're unlucky or RWarehall is fascist, one liberal policy might pass hopefully.
Even if not, greek and scene can in theory elect the fourth/fifth. We should in round two have a government headed by greek, skip kusu as he seem suspicious to me at this point then vote a government presided by scene if we still haven't won by that time.