It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

For the Emperor!

Isometric tabletop-inspired strategy Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate is available now for Windows, DRM-free on GOG.com.

Command your squad of Ultramarines in a futuristic clash to defeat the forces of Chaos in Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate. Simple mechanics, a classic isometric map, epic music, and varied in-game landscapes will keep you entertained while you crush your enemies, one squad after another, in true X-COM-inspired style.

Why should you be excited that Chaos Gate is a Warhammer 40,000 Universe game? Because that means that we get all cleverness, a wealth of equipment and weaponry to choose from, and a well-written, enticing plot that transfers well from the tabletop to the computer screen.

1998 doesn’t get much better than this - so treat yourself to some squad-based strategy with Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate, DRM-free on GOG.com.

In the Press

“By and large, it’s the best PC implementation of the Warhammer system to date” -- PC Gamer

“Warhammer is a complex, vastly entertaining strategy gaming system, and Chaos Gate does full justice to it.” -- Gamespot

“A heavy tank becomes an Imperial Dreadnaught, draped with the banners of the Emperor and drawn in a style that lets you know it is ready roll over the ranks of the enemy and crush their bones beneath its treads.” -- IGN
Interesting
eiii: Does this mean these games will be distributed exclusively on GOG only?
No idea. Anyone wishing to distribute said games will have to negotiate with GOG Ltd. and pay the publisher (aka GOG) the usual cut. Whether GOG believes having exclusives to their store is better than taking a cut from other stores remain to be seen.
I just heard the soundtrack and it's epic ! I will keep an eye on it during the sales.
These are the wrong Warhammer games :(

Okay, that's probably a bit extreme... but hopefully this leads to the Relic titles coming over.
Amazing job GOG!
Just waiting for that payday. Hope we see Dark Omen on GOG.com as well.
JMich: Because they bought the rights for it, thus they are the publisher.
Doubtful, GOG will probably do what Disney does and use themselves to fix up the games, and then add them to Steam. Not sure they quite have the pull that say, EA has.
Awesome. And it belongs to GOG. Great.
Nobody can see into the future, but for the time being yes. Also Fantasy General/Pacific Admiral, the first of classic games they really bought and published themselves 2-3 months ago, are still GOG exclusive. I guess that the possible benefits (getting a few more buys but having to pay Steam) is outweighed by the advantages of having them exclusively (drawing new customers to GOG).

So my money would be on the bet that they stay GOG exclusive for at least 6-12 months if not longer.
Post edited July 16, 2015 by Trilarion
Interesting. Not sure whether I'm really interested in SotHR, but the 40k games are definitely up my alley, especially since they're turn-based. So Chaos Gate or Final Liberation. The former definitely seems to be more appealing to me. I wonder how well that mission generator works.
svmariscal: I played SotHr and Final Liberation back in the day, but I think I missed this one. Does it have single player scenarios a la Dawn of War? I mean loading a single map and pitting any two armies at will. Or is it like a campaign with fixed missions?
It's been years since I've played it... but I seem to remember it having a map editor, so I think some kind of skirmishes or scenarios might have existed too...
I do remember it being an excellent game, but not too much beyond that.
I sincerely hope we're going to see Dark Omen and Space Hulk 2
Post edited July 16, 2015 by Narakir
Narakir: I sincerely hope we're going to see Dark Omen and Space Hulk 2
Shadow of the Horned Rat is already here :P
Glory to the Emperor! Glory to GOG!

Incredible, I've thought that Chaos Gate is lost forever, but here it is! I wish it would have its debut with a bit lower price, but hey, at least here it is. Finally!

Have hope that in nearest future there will be released also Rites of War. I know that many people were complaining about this title ("generic Panzer General in Warhammer 40k world" etc), but I really like it (still have the retail version). Don't get me wrong, I don't like Eldars (filthy elves!), but Rites of War is quite entertaining. Maybe it's because I've never played in Panzer General before playing in Rites of War.
Thank you!
Finally its where it should be, and hopefully functioning properly.
Is the cultist crash fixed?
That's a good question, I'm also interested in performance of Chaos Gate (it was really "messy" on newer systems).