It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

For the Emperor!

Isometric tabletop-inspired strategy Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate is available now for Windows, DRM-free on GOG.com.

Command your squad of Ultramarines in a futuristic clash to defeat the forces of Chaos in Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate. Simple mechanics, a classic isometric map, epic music, and varied in-game landscapes will keep you entertained while you crush your enemies, one squad after another, in true X-COM-inspired style.

Why should you be excited that Chaos Gate is a Warhammer 40,000 Universe game? Because that means that we get all cleverness, a wealth of equipment and weaponry to choose from, and a well-written, enticing plot that transfers well from the tabletop to the computer screen.

1998 doesn’t get much better than this - so treat yourself to some squad-based strategy with Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate, DRM-free on GOG.com.

In the Press

“By and large, it’s the best PC implementation of the Warhammer system to date” -- PC Gamer

“Warhammer is a complex, vastly entertaining strategy gaming system, and Chaos Gate does full justice to it.” -- Gamespot

“A heavy tank becomes an Imperial Dreadnaught, draped with the banners of the Emperor and drawn in a style that lets you know it is ready roll over the ranks of the enemy and crush their bones beneath its treads.” -- IGN
Hooray! I've been waiting for this for so long... I'm so glad it finally came to GOG. Straight at the top of my wishlist.

phaolo: P:S: I hope for the first Space Hulk too!
...bundled with the second!
spamsolo: So I just bought this game, installed cand click play and all that happened was a popup that said I had to install DirectPlay and when I clicked install it came up as failed....now I don't know what to do. Any help would be appreciated.
You'll want to make sure you have DirectX 9 installed before trying to run the game.
Naxterra: There is no sound in the game. I am using Windows 8.1 Pro x64 and my audio output is from my monitor to receiver via HDMI cable.

Is there a solution for that?
thefifthhorseman.229: Check if there is sound output from your sound card - this can be an issue with sound in game in general, or just with audio output over HDMI. This seems tiny, but can be a world of difference for whoever's charged with solving this issue.
Well, only Chaos Gate has problem at the moment. I have no problems with other applications
svmariscal: I played SotHr and Final Liberation back in the day, but I think I missed this one. Does it have single player scenarios a la Dawn of War? I mean loading a single map and pitting any two armies at will. Or is it like a campaign with fixed missions?
Chaos Gate offers a campaign mode with 4 difficultiy levels (the highest difficulty has save games disabled) . The campains' scenarios may be replayed as a single player scenario. Also you can choose to play a game with randomly generated maps, with factors of details as you will. Lastly it offers multiplayer for up to 4 players as there is the chance to play the forces of Chaos. There is no HotSeat though.
Post edited July 20, 2015 by julwin2005
Rather paranoid about installing.
Post edited July 26, 2015 by Grolkar
Been years since I last played this. Still got my physical copy around somewhere. Just one thing though, I can't find the scenario editor in the GOG version. That was my favourite bit.