It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

For the Emperor!

Isometric tabletop-inspired strategy Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate is available now for Windows, DRM-free on GOG.com.

Command your squad of Ultramarines in a futuristic clash to defeat the forces of Chaos in Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate. Simple mechanics, a classic isometric map, epic music, and varied in-game landscapes will keep you entertained while you crush your enemies, one squad after another, in true X-COM-inspired style.

Why should you be excited that Chaos Gate is a Warhammer 40,000 Universe game? Because that means that we get all cleverness, a wealth of equipment and weaponry to choose from, and a well-written, enticing plot that transfers well from the tabletop to the computer screen.

1998 doesn’t get much better than this - so treat yourself to some squad-based strategy with Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate, DRM-free on GOG.com.

In the Press

“By and large, it’s the best PC implementation of the Warhammer system to date” -- PC Gamer

“Warhammer is a complex, vastly entertaining strategy gaming system, and Chaos Gate does full justice to it.” -- Gamespot

“A heavy tank becomes an Imperial Dreadnaught, draped with the banners of the Emperor and drawn in a style that lets you know it is ready roll over the ranks of the enemy and crush their bones beneath its treads.” -- IGN
yyahoo: Interesting in that Chaos Gate is listed at $9.99 while the other 2 WH games are $5.99. Is CG that much bigger/better than the other 2?
eiii: If nothing else it's at least the newest of the three.
1998 vs 1997? {shrug} I can't imagine how a difference of 1 year could be the reasoning, but then again, I can't imagine what the difference is, so maybe you're right...
l0rdtr3k: Since I'm a huge fan of 40K,is SotHR a great intro to WH Fantasy?
And is there good books I can read on WH:F?
It was my first WH Fantasy game so I would say - YES. but you have to keep in mind it's a HARD hame...like they used to be in the past. You will replay battles again and again to keep loses underfoot.

As for the books..all Warhammer WH Fantasy books I've read are rather medicore/good. Nothing really good.
Post edited July 16, 2015 by tburger
Instabuy.
Joygasm!
I played SotHr and Final Liberation back in the day, but I think I missed this one. Does it have single player scenarios a la Dawn of War? I mean loading a single map and pitting any two armies at will. Or is it like a campaign with fixed missions?
Post edited July 16, 2015 by svmariscal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3J5XfnjvwY

You rock! It's sooooo hard to get a retail copy of Chaos Gate... And suddenly GOG releases it... Thank you sooo much :D.
Awesome!
Fantastic release, but why is GOG Ltd. listed under company...? Have I missed something?
Tpiom: Fantastic release, but why is GOG Ltd. listed under company...? Have I missed something?
Because they bought the rights for it, thus they are the publisher.
Fantastic! For the GOG..err Emperor!!!
Very interesting releases, all of them.
I have never played any Warhammer game ("video-" or not), so I might as well start from here, seeing that the general opinion states they are awesome.
Tpiom: Fantastic release, but why is GOG Ltd. listed under company...? Have I missed something?
JMich: Because they bought the rights for it, thus they are the publisher.
Does this mean these games will be distributed exclusively on GOG only?
Wow, I can't believe GOG got the Warhammer series! Is there a chance GOG could also get the Dawn of War games?
IronArcturus: Wow, I can't believe GOG got the Warhammer series! Is there a chance GOG could also get the Dawn of War games?
Probably not since the DoW series are completely seperated from these are far as publisher is concerned. The DoW series is published by Sega and developed by Relic and they don't have a distribution agreement with GoG. The titles released are older titles that GoG themselves published (or bought the rights to).
Post edited July 16, 2015 by synfresh
IronArcturus: Wow, I can't believe GOG got the Warhammer series! Is there a chance GOG could also get the Dawn of War games?
synfresh: Probably not since the DoW series are completely seperated from these are far as publisher is concerned. The DoW series is published by THQ and developed by Relic and they don't have a distribution agreement with GoG. The titles released are older titles that GoG themselves published (or bought the rights to).
I wonder if GOG is planning on publishing any other rare games like Metal Fatigue or Take No Prisoners...