It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Warcraft: Orcs and Humans & Warcraft 2 Battle.net Edition are now available DRM-free.

In anticipation of the upcoming 25th anniversary of Warcraft, we brought you the real-time strategy classics that started it all, Warcraft: Orcs and Humans and Warcraft II Battle.net Edition, including both the original Tides of Darkness and the Beyond the Dark Portal expansion. Starting today, you can once again explore these universe-defining games as they become available digitally and DRM-free for the first time ever!

The first part of the legendary series plays and feels just like the original from 1994, it’s just updated to run flawlessly on modern operating systems. Warcraft II Battle.net Edition, similarly to the release of first Diablo on GOG.COM, comes in two versions, which you can choose from the launcher. The classic one allows for the authentic experience and a fully functional multiplayer with Blizzard’s Battle.net online gaming service. The updated version comes with a number of fixes to provide full compatibility with modern machines as well as hi-resolution support and upscaling.
tinyE: Anyone tried it yet?
Silly question, but black
bars on the screen or stretched?
For me at least WC1 runs with black bars at the side, WC2 classic runs stretched and WC2 with updated graphics has black bars at the sides. It all runs through a launcher with extra visual settings like resolutions, aspect ratios and even anti aliasing. So you should be able to run it whichever way you please.
Awesome, played a lot of WC2 back in the day, never tried WC 1, thanks for the chance!
Thank you gog and Blizzard for Warcraft 2. Time to turn those pesky Orcs in to Sheep again.
Is StarCraft honestly a real possibility?
Cadaver747: Warcraft 1, Track 2 has a sound flicker on 2nd second.
On all versions? Or only the FLAC or MP3 or WAV? :)
high rated
I should get my salary today so I'll buy the Warcraft bundle along with Diablo. No waiting for any discount, this way we may show how such releases are important for us! And I already have at least one working copy of each game!
Cadaver747: And The Lost Vikings 2 classic (SNES) with speech (3DO/PC). Call it Lost Viking 2: Norse by Norsewest Deluxe Edition...
A fellow scholar right there! ;)
shantae.: Warcraft II was one of my first computer strategy games, so I just had to buy it, full price or not! I may get the first one, later on.

I was never able to get my physical edition to work with Windows 7 / 10, so thanks Gog, for convincing Blizzard. Hell is frozen.

Having the soudtrack available separately would be nice, but I know that would be a huge pain to get. Just saying it would be the cherry on top.
If i remember correctly you can just access the song files right from the installation. I know its a pain compared to just downloading the soundtrack, but should work just the same.
I played the hell out of Warcraft 3 back in my days. Never played 1 & 2 so this is a great chance to try it.
Post edited March 29, 2019 by HoangMarcel
Thank you GOG. My digital Warcraft collection is now complete!
Klumpen0815: For Linux and/or better controls and higher res in Warcraft 1, here the game engine recreations:

Warcraft 1:
https://wargus.github.io/war1gus.html

Warcraft 2:
https://wargus.github.io/index.html
http://wargus.stratagus.com/index.shtml
ah right! Thanks a lot! :D
high rated
Kelefane: Is StarCraft honestly a real possibility?
Classic StarCraft (and Remastered as both are one bundle and what soon will be WarCraft 3 with Reforged) are strictly tied to the Battle.net client and cannot be launched without it. I'm not from BizDev so don't know any details but I believe those titles will be hard to get on GOG. But we can all dream like with Diablo and WarCraft I & II, right? :)
Kelefane: Is StarCraft honestly a real possibility?
Fallen_Zen: Classic StarCraft (and Remastered as both are one bundle and what soon will be WarCraft 3 with Reforged) are strictly tied to the Battle.net client and cannot be launched without it. I'm not from BizDev so don't know any details but I believe those titles will be hard to get on GOG. But we can all dream like with Diablo and WarCraft I & II, right? :)
Not sure what you mean in the case of classic Starcraft, since I can launch Brood War from my original discs just fine without Battlenet. Perhaps the games can't be patched to their most recent version without Battlenet? But that wouldn't bother me at least.
This reminds me of:

Blizzard Won't Remaster Old Warcraft Games Because They're 'Just Not That Fun Anymore'

Source:
https://kotaku.com/blizzard-wont-remaster-old-warcraft-games-because-theyr-1788675948
Fallen_Zen: Classic StarCraft (and Remastered as both are one bundle and what soon will be WarCraft 3 with Reforged) are strictly tied to the Battle.net client and cannot be launched without it. I'm not from BizDev so don't know any details but I believe those titles will be hard to get on GOG. But we can all dream like with Diablo and WarCraft I & II, right? :)
As long as they have access to the source code (and past revisions) there are nothing that prevents them from releasing a classic edition WITHOUT battle.net. We've had patches before and those versions works well enough.

Also, releasing the source code for the engine would essentially let the community fix it themselves while Blizzard(/GOG) still sells the main game. That would actually make the games even more popular, again.

However, whether or not they are willing to release the classic version here is another matter ;)

Experiment513: This reminds me of:

Blizzard Won't Remaster Old Warcraft Games Because They're 'Just Not That Fun Anymore'

Source:
https://kotaku.com/blizzard-wont-remaster-old-warcraft-games-because-theyr-1788675948
Exactly, why not let the community do what ever they want, short of making money of the original assets/executables?
Post edited March 29, 2019 by sanscript