It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Warcraft: Orcs and Humans & Warcraft 2 Battle.net Edition are now available DRM-free.

In anticipation of the upcoming 25th anniversary of Warcraft, we brought you the real-time strategy classics that started it all, Warcraft: Orcs and Humans and Warcraft II Battle.net Edition, including both the original Tides of Darkness and the Beyond the Dark Portal expansion. Starting today, you can once again explore these universe-defining games as they become available digitally and DRM-free for the first time ever!

The first part of the legendary series plays and feels just like the original from 1994, it’s just updated to run flawlessly on modern operating systems. Warcraft II Battle.net Edition, similarly to the release of first Diablo on GOG.COM, comes in two versions, which you can choose from the launcher. The classic one allows for the authentic experience and a fully functional multiplayer with Blizzard’s Battle.net online gaming service. The updated version comes with a number of fixes to provide full compatibility with modern machines as well as hi-resolution support and upscaling.
InfraSuperman: Yep, it's basically a hacked SNES rom featuring only three of the race tracks and with all of the original music ripped out, apparently running in a custom version of the ZSNES emulator.
At least last time I checked it was.
Yep. I. tried it recently it is still a SNES rom and still runs ZSNES.
Is there a common channel people goto for games? I only saw like 5 people onlin and no lobbies were created.
Nice, as Diablo was instabuy
high rated
The all time bestselling list usually updates several times a day but it hasn't updated in over 24 hours. Here's where the Blizzard titles ranked before they were frozen:

Diablo is #61.

https://www.gog.com/games?sort=bestselling&page=2

The Warcraft I+II Bundle is #496.

https://www.gog.com/games?sort=bestselling&page=11

Warcraft: Orcs & Humans is #2,409.

https://www.gog.com/games?sort=bestselling&page=51

Warcraft II: Battle.net Edition is #1,736.

https://www.gog.com/games?sort=bestselling&page=37
Post edited March 31, 2019 by Barry_Woodward
Classic games is common char channel
Barry_Woodward: snip
Someone has too much time on his hands. =P
Ahh... playing the first Warcraft, it brings back so many fond memories... :)
Barry_Woodward: snip
Mr.Mumbles: Someone has too much time on his hands. =P
I like Barry for doing that. I never saw these classics coming so... I hope to see them on the top of the bestselling list and then hope Blizzard decides to bring over more original classics DRM-free. =)

*hopes also for the release of Hexen and Heretic*
*and the American Lasergames classics*
Experiment513: *hopes also for the release of Hexen and Heretic*
YES!!

Ghorpm: Ahh... playing the first Warcraft, it brings back so many fond memories... :)
I can remember when I played this first... I thought "how disappointing, this is just Dune 2 with Orcs". I ended up liking it somewhat, although I'm no fan of the genre at all.
Experiment513: *hopes also for the release of Hexen and Heretic*
toxicTom: YES!!

Ghorpm: Ahh... playing the first Warcraft, it brings back so many fond memories... :)
toxicTom: I can remember when I played this first... I thought "how disappointing, this is just Dune 2 with Orcs". I ended up liking it somewhat, although I'm no fan of the genre at all.
Ah yes, Dune 2 (and Dune of course as well) would be nice to have here as well! :D
*Solved*

The Gog Galaxy Client tells me to look in my Gog library for the CD Key but when I open the library I see the game and no CD Key... where am I supposed to look?

*solved*

The solution, as explained by a few friendly users, was to look in my account online and click the game then select "Serial Keys" from the drop down.

My new problem is that the game starts up and blackscreens me so I have sound but no graphics!
Post edited March 31, 2019 by ElitEskimo
ElitEskimo: The Gog Galaxy Client tells me to look in my Gog library for the CD Key but when I open the library I see the game and no CD Key... where am I supposed to look?
Haven't been able to find it in the Galaxy client myself but if you check your account via the site, then click on warcraft 2 and then click on more you will find the option for serial keys. Just click on that and your key is there.
Attachments:
keys.jpg (216 Kb)
ElitEskimo: The Gog Galaxy Client tells me to look in my Gog library for the CD Key but when I open the library I see the game and no CD Key... where am I supposed to look?
DCT: Haven't been able to find it in the Galaxy client myself but if you check your account via the site, then click on warcraft 2 and then click on more you will find the option for serial keys. Just click on that and your key is there.
Thank you sir. My new problem is that, having entered the CD Key, the game launches into a black screen and I can hear the audio but it just loops. Then I click the ESC key and it closes the application :\
When the game is displayed in your game library, under the game's title, you'll see 3 drop down menus "System", "Language" and "More". Serial keys are usually found under "More".

Hope this helps!
Cymepa: When the game is displayed in your game library, under the game's title, you'll see 3 drop down menus "System", "Language" and "More". Serial keys are usually found under "More".

Hope this helps!
Thank you.