It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Join Geralt of Rivia in his well-deserved victory lap.

<span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition</span>, the ultimate celebration of the most critically-acclaimed game in recent years, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com, with GOG Galaxy support for achievements. This package includes the base game, the soundtracks, both expansions and every bit of DLC released for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

If the 800+ awards and millions of enthusiastic fans are to be believed, 2015 was the year of the (White) Wolf. That's when Geralt of Rivia, the reluctant hero and dispassionate monster slayer, set out on his most personal quest yet: to save Ciri, the child of prophecy, from the Wild Hunt. But beyond the mature storytelling and emotional gravitas, Witcher 3 offered an awe-inspiring open-world rife with rewarding exploration and engaging combat.

Later that year, Geralt's travels brought him face to face with the enigmatic Master Mirror and a man cursed with eternal life. Hearts of Stone was widely recognised as one of the darkest, yet delightfully subversive adventures ever presented within The Witcher universe.

The intoxicating region of Beauclair became the stage for the White Wolf's last bow. Untouched by war but haunted by its own demons, the land of Blood and Wine expanded the Witcher world even further, bringing new monsters, additional pieces of equipment, and more powerful mutations to help Geralt defeat the legendary Beast of Beauclair and claim his ultimate destiny. But not before he collects all the new Gwent cards that he's missing!

Grab your silver swords and slice open <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com. To learn more about the contents of the package and the astonishing world of The Witcher 3, spur Roach in <span class="bold">this direction</span>.

If you own the expansions separately or as part of the Expansion Pass, you're in for a treat as well: <span class="bold">Hearts of Stone</span> and <span class="bold">Blood and Wine</span> just got updated to include the free OSTs, both in mp3 and FLAC format.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Aduurw9s7GI
Post edited August 30, 2016 by maladr0Id
high rated
Hey guys, just to clear the air a bit on the matter of the GOTY version VS the base game + expansions.

In terms of content and updates, there is absolutely NO difference between these two, so if you already own The Witcher 3 + Expansion Pass, you are not missing out on anything, apart from another box cover in your Library :)

PS: That trailer reminded me I should replay the game sometime, just to pay my final respects to the bloody Ladies of the Wood >.<

[EDIT] Pinned to top
Post edited August 30, 2016 by Destro
BKGaming: I don't think some people understand the concept of a GOTY edition. ...
Trilarion: I actually also do not understand the concept of a GOTY edition. And while we are at it: Platinum editions too.

My impression is they are largely superfluous and do not add any value but just serve as a tool to generate marketing buzz. Who would need that?
I can see your point from a "downloadable games only" viewpoint, where a GOTY edition is really just the equivalent of a bundle, but they have a significant impact on inventory management and stock placement in bricks-and-mortar stores. Shops are really bad at keeping appropriate levels of a product when they need to estimate differing demand on three different items (base game plus two EPs) and when they take up three times the amount of space to shelve.

As someone who spent way too much time travelling to shops in different suburbs to find a store that stocked the one EP I'd missed, I've always been a fan of GOTY editions.
low rated
and here comes bitchy PC elitists, who thinks they are entitled to everything. Even for something that they already owned, completely identical content-wise, albeit on a different packaging.
So quick question to those who have played all the Witcher games and those who have only played Witcher 3.

Would it be a good idea to play The Wticher 3 without having played the other 2 games? I really want to dive into the Witcher 3 but I don't want to go through playing the previous titles to understand The Wild Hunt.
Trilarion: Hm, if this is a wise decision? Some people think you cheat on them. This could have been prevented by either doing the useless upgrade or by communicating better that it's on par featurewise and more like cosmetics.
Decision is not made on my level, nor will I be the one to discuss it. I merely wanted to pass the information about patch availability as I found it the most vital.
Why has the Witcher 3 expansion pass shot to the top of the "most popular" list?

Is it people who own the rest buying it because they're afraid the option will be removed later? Or does buying the GOTY edition mark the expansion pass as bought too, making it look more popular? (Though the latter option doesn't seem to allow for it being four places higher on the list than the GOTY itself...)
haydenaurion: Some day i'll have the PC that can run this without melting it, someday..... :(
Id say there is a fair number of us in the same boat lol
Awesome, I was hoping one of these would come out! And there is a physical version, which would be better for me as downloading this massive game would not be practical.
RadonGOG: Witcher simply got no support for any other render API then DX11. If CDPR would be so nice to port their engine to Vulkan for further performance on Win they will probably do a Mac and Lin Version as well.
LiefLayer: that's not true. PS4 don't use DX so they have some sort of OpenGL support.
Also they decided to use their engine... there are many engine that already support mac and linux and they are really cheap. Their engine is not perfect and no cross-platform support in 2016 for mac and linux is really a terrible mistake.
they still can pay Feral or Aspyr to make a native port if they really want.
if they don't want to support mac and linux well I don't want to support the witcher 3
You´re right, it´s not true. Therefore, I´ve edited my post.

Concerning the engine: For Witcher III CDPR were doing a lot of non-standard-Stuff. A lot of this stuff is certainly not unproblematic, but it worked out quite well anyways.But this makes it probably rather hard for a third-party to port the game. And at least the initial port of Witcher II had its problems...

concerning the "terrible mistake": No, it is no terrible mistake. A terrible mistake for CDP would have been launching a super-buggy Witcher III or something like that.
I´m a supporter of Multiplatform-Support, (definitly, even if it delays the Win-Version; I do even have nothing against porting a PC-Game to consoles!) but having no Multiplatform-Support never killed a recent high-quality-game. That´s the sad thing about it: It doesn´t really matter that much sales-wise. Anyways, CDPR should port Witcher III. Hopefully they´ll include Vulkan for the next Engine-Iteration and port all Witchers to that iteration...
GranArcanum: So quick question to those who have played all the Witcher games and those who have only played Witcher 3.

Would it be a good idea to play The Wticher 3 without having played the other 2 games? I really want to dive into the Witcher 3 but I don't want to go through playing the previous titles to understand The Wild Hunt.
I haven't played TW3 (bacause my PC is a toaster), but based on what i know, i would recommend playing The Witcher 2 - Enhanced Edition before TW3, if you want to get something extra.

A more detailed wiev:
The Witcher 1 - Enhanced Edition:
It's the oldest (duh) in the series and it shows on some parts. If you care about graphics than it's not for you. Gameplay wise there are big differences compared to the newer ones in combat, alchemy and gear management etc. The dialog system is a bit clucky at parts, (like a character telling a line as if you just met after a lenghty conversation). Story is only loosely connected to TW3, but there are some characters in the game series who make their first appearance in this game (Zoltan, Dandelion, Triss, Shani, Thaler, Radovid, the other witchers, etc.).
All in all it's a good (and long) game, left me with an "unpolished diamond" feel.

The Witcher 2 - Enhanced Edition:
Graphics are a big leap forward compared to the first part. Gamplay is more similar to TW3, the biggest difference being: TW2 is not open world and shorter. What it might lack in lenght it has in depth, the story actually has a big branch at the and of act 1. After you decide witch side/story path you choose the story practically splits in to two, so much that i immediatly started playing it again after i finished, just to see what happens if i decide differently and i wasn't disappointed. You end up in one of two hostile war-camps with both having completely different quests and characters. Story is also more connected to TW3, it's practically a prelude to it. You also meet some characters in this game for the first time (Letho, Philippa, Shile if she survives, Saskia, still hope she appears in TW3)
Trilarion: Hm, if this is a wise decision? Some people think you cheat on them. This could have been prevented by either doing the useless upgrade or by communicating better that it's on par featurewise and more like cosmetics.
Thiev: Decision is not made on my level, nor will I be the one to discuss it. I merely wanted to pass the information about patch availability as I found it the most vital.
Acknowledged. Sorry for trying to discuss. You probably know the Pros and Cons very well by yourself. Thanks for passing the information about patch availability.
Trilarion: Acknowledged. Sorry for trying to discuss. You probably know the Pros and Cons very well by yourself. Thanks for passing the information about patch availability.
Nothing to be sorry about, I just cannot be drawn into this one ;)
Like others already stated, no offer for owners of the base game is pretty lame, GOG :-|

This is not about games becoming cheaper after a while, on the contrary, I'm complaining about not being able to participate in this common trend.

Global price for the base game is now $39.99, regardless of what I paid to get it earlier and to support the devs.
GOTY costs $49.99, thus you get all the extra content for $10.00.
If I, who waited the same amount of time to get the extras and who supported the game even before release, want to get all additional content, I have to buy the Expansion Pass which is currently $24.99. See the difference.

I understand GOG's/CDPR's economic reasoning behind, but eventually it's cashing in on early buyers and for me that doesn't feel very customer-friendly.
Post edited August 30, 2016 by DeMignon
GranArcanum: ... Would it be a good idea to play The Wticher 3 without having played the other 2 games? I really want to dive into the Witcher 3 but I don't want to go through playing the previous titles to understand The Wild Hunt.
Absolutely a good idea. The stories of TW1/2/3 are not really related and the gameplay also differs. Playing TW1/2 doesn't give you a decisive advantage (maybe a tiny bit at the start).
DeMignon: Like others already stated, no offer for owners of the base game is pretty lame, GOG :-|
Bingo. I'll be passing on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Nothing New Edition and just grab the expansions at some later date when I'm ready to play the damned thing. I know that The Witcher is about the only property CDPR has to leverage for profit (besides GOG), so it doesn't surprise me that they are milking it for maximum bucks, whereas some other companies can afford to be more magnanimous and deliver discounted (or even free) upgrade paths.
Trilarion: Absolutely a good idea. The stories of TW1/2/3 are not really related and the gameplay also differs. Playing TW1/2 doesn't give you a decisive advantage (maybe a tiny bit at the start).
Really?

That's great to hear. I don't really care about graphics or combat differences, I just don't have the time to invest in three different games in the series when the one that I'm hyped up the most is The Wild Hunt.

So I really wouldn't be missing anything story wise?