It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Join Geralt of Rivia in his well-deserved victory lap.

<span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition</span>, the ultimate celebration of the most critically-acclaimed game in recent years, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com, with GOG Galaxy support for achievements. This package includes the base game, the soundtracks, both expansions and every bit of DLC released for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

If the 800+ awards and millions of enthusiastic fans are to be believed, 2015 was the year of the (White) Wolf. That's when Geralt of Rivia, the reluctant hero and dispassionate monster slayer, set out on his most personal quest yet: to save Ciri, the child of prophecy, from the Wild Hunt. But beyond the mature storytelling and emotional gravitas, Witcher 3 offered an awe-inspiring open-world rife with rewarding exploration and engaging combat.

Later that year, Geralt's travels brought him face to face with the enigmatic Master Mirror and a man cursed with eternal life. Hearts of Stone was widely recognised as one of the darkest, yet delightfully subversive adventures ever presented within The Witcher universe.

The intoxicating region of Beauclair became the stage for the White Wolf's last bow. Untouched by war but haunted by its own demons, the land of Blood and Wine expanded the Witcher world even further, bringing new monsters, additional pieces of equipment, and more powerful mutations to help Geralt defeat the legendary Beast of Beauclair and claim his ultimate destiny. But not before he collects all the new Gwent cards that he's missing!

Grab your silver swords and slice open <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com. To learn more about the contents of the package and the astonishing world of The Witcher 3, spur Roach in <span class="bold">this direction</span>.

If you own the expansions separately or as part of the Expansion Pass, you're in for a treat as well: <span class="bold">Hearts of Stone</span> and <span class="bold">Blood and Wine</span> just got updated to include the free OSTs, both in mp3 and FLAC format.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Aduurw9s7GI
Post edited August 30, 2016 by maladr0Id
high rated
Hey guys, just to clear the air a bit on the matter of the GOTY version VS the base game + expansions.

In terms of content and updates, there is absolutely NO difference between these two, so if you already own The Witcher 3 + Expansion Pass, you are not missing out on anything, apart from another box cover in your Library :)

PS: That trailer reminded me I should replay the game sometime, just to pay my final respects to the bloody Ladies of the Wood >.<

[EDIT] Pinned to top
Post edited August 30, 2016 by Destro
I poster a request for GOTY update from Witcher 3 in Community wishlist

www.gog.com/wishlist/games/witcher_3_goty_update
Post edited August 30, 2016 by KSM
blotunga: But why shouldn't PC players be treated differently if the platform allows it. I mean if you have Base + Expansion Pass you basically have everything from the GOTY right?
Exactly, why screw everyone when you don't have to. They sell stuff that some countries can't even buy, why can't they give PC users the option to upgrade when it's technically possible?
Post edited August 30, 2016 by ReynardFox
RadonGOG: Witcher simply got no support for any other render API then DX11. If CDPR would be so nice to port their engine to Vulkan for further performance on Win they will probably do a Mac and Lin Version as well.
that's not true. PS4 don't use DX so they have some sort of OpenGL support.
Also they decided to use their engine... there are many engine that already support mac and linux and they are really cheap. Their engine is not perfect and no cross-platform support in 2016 for mac and linux is really a terrible mistake.
they still can pay Feral or Aspyr to make a native port if they really want.
if they don't want to support mac and linux well I don't want to support the witcher 3
ReynardFox: What about an option to replace our base game with the new edition?
Thiev: Not planned at the moment, as far as I know.
Hm, if this is a wise decision? Some people think you cheat on them. This could have been prevented by either doing the useless upgrade or by communicating better that it's on par featurewise and more like cosmetics.

Otherwise you get tons of:

ReynardFox: Wait, so I bought the original and have all the expansions and i DON'T get upgraded to this? All I get for my loyalty is a pissing soundtrack?

I don't want this messy pile of patches and installers, I want, and feel any early adopter deserve, an upgrade, or at the very least be given the choice to in some way.
You deserve it? Why? Do you want to redownload the whole game again just to have a single installer?
I know im sort of missing out but is it wrong to say that my reason for not liking the game is cause i dont like the main character?

Now if there was a game in the witcher world with character creation and stuff, That would be great.
Ashnak: ...I just hope the GOTY release doesn't mean I have to bury my hopes for a discount of the Expansion Pass. ...
It's just a guess but I guess that in the next big promo all three versions: base, expansion pass, GOTY will have a discount in the 30-50% range which makes completing or buying TW3 then a really good deal. I strongly suggest waiting for the next big promo and I'm confident the expansion pass will be among the discounted games then.
ReynardFox: I feel punished for having supported this game when it first came out. Seriously bad form GOG, I won't be pre-ordering ever again if we aren't offered an upgrade.
To me it doesn't really feel like punishment because nothing is taken away nor is there a noticable difference between what was there already and the GOTY (in my eyes). But of course it's your right to threaten GOG with never pre-ordering again. Maybe it works.
Post edited August 30, 2016 by Trilarion
I will buy it in DVD version, like the EE of TW1 and TW2. :)
Smannesman: Well.. that sucks.
And with a CDPR title.
Thiev: As far as I understand the main reason behind that is that it's impossible to do on all platforms.
Hmm, there exists at least one platform where those who bought base and expansion cannot be upgraded to goty? That sounds a bit strange and not immediately clear why it should be so. Maybe because of the patch level?
Maxxer: I know im sort of missing out but is it wrong to say that my reason for not liking the game is cause i dont like the main character?

Now if there was a game in the witcher world with character creation and stuff, That would be great.
It's not wrong at all. Some like Geralt, others probably not. And not liking a game because you cannot identify with the main character is fully understandable. Another game in the Witcher world with a customizable character is surely possible but I doubt it will come from CDPR. After all they are finished with Witcher (for now), they say.
Post edited August 30, 2016 by Trilarion
Trilarion: Hm, if this is a wise decision? Some people think you cheat on them. This could have been prevented by either doing the useless upgrade or by communicating better that it's on par featurewise and more like cosmetics.

You deserve it? Why? Do you want to redownload the whole game again just to have a single installer?
Yup. I have no bandwidth concerns anymore and I hate the cluttered mess it currently is, a mess that'll most likely eventually disappear from the store... and who says they'll keep the older installers up to date over time?
Post edited August 30, 2016 by ReynardFox
ReynardFox: ... Yup. I have no bandwidth concerns anymore and I hate the cluttered mess it currently is, a mess that'll most likely eventually disappear from the store... and who says they'll keep the older installers up to date over time?
Okay, sounds reasonable to me. Hope that GOG can do it for you.
Trilarion: Hm, if this is a wise decision? Some people think you cheat on them. This could have been prevented by either doing the useless upgrade or by communicating better that it's on par featurewise and more like cosmetics.

ReynardFox: Yup. I have no bandwidth concerns anymore and I hate the cluttered mess it currently is, a mess that'll most likely eventually disappear from the store... and who says they'll keep the older installers up to date over time?
according to your logic the updated installers would still use bandwidth even if you did use the goty edition if there was an aditional patch to fix things
LiefLayer: PS4 don't use DX so they have some sort of OpenGL support.
That is untrue. PS4 uses its own API (GNM) and shader language (PSSL) (see Wikipedia) which are similar to DirectX and not OpenGL.

LiefLayer: Also they decided to use their engine... there are many engine that already support mac and linux and they are really cheap. Their engine is not perfect and no cross-platform support in 2016 for mac and linux is really a terrible mistake.
CDPR is trying very hard to become part of the glorious AAA gamedev club. And for this their own engine is a must.

LiefLayer: they still can pay Feral or Aspyr to make a native port if they really want.
No, Feral and Aspyr do not "port" anything (and much less natively). They only use wrappers and are, presumably, under Steam-exclusive agreement. And this is obviously something CDProjekt will never agree on.

LiefLayer: if they don't want to support mac and linux well I don't want to support the witcher 3
True. CDProjekt do not want our money so who we are to insist otherwise.
Thiev: FYI:
Offline patch 1.30 for the base game should appear today.
Single installers for the base game and both expansions will be available as well, with a slight delay (tomorrow / this week)
Some folks are upset because they think GotY buyers are getting a single installer for everything while early buyers who have the equivalent items are being left with four separate installers.

But the GotY is just a bundle, right? People who buy it will still have to install the game, free DLC, and expansions separately? That's what I'd assume... but when I go to checkout with the GotY in my shopping cart, I don't get the standard warning about already owning some parts, so I guess I could be wrong... ?
Do those of us who own the base game and all expansions get a free upgrade to the Game Of The Year Edition like with the last 2 games?
Denezan: Do those of us who own the base game and all expansions get a free upgrade to the Game Of The Year Edition like with the last 2 games?
Nope.