It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Your space federation.

<span class="bold">The Last Federation Collection</span> & <span class="bold">The Lost Technologies</span>, a turn-based Sci-Fi space epic, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com with 50% off the collection, and 10% off The Lost Technologies DLC.

From the creators of AI War: Fleet Command comes the turn-based, tactical space simulator. A great genocide has swept through the universe, entire world and races have been wiped away at the whims of power-hungry rulers and frustrated subjects. Your people are all but gone as well, and peace has been restored... for now.
In The Last Federation, your mission is to form a brave new world, a new system, the last space federation. You'll traverse the outer reaches of space on a quest of diplomacy, resources, trading, and a turn-based combat - sometimes, a few may have to die for the good of many.
If you've played AI War: Fleet Command, you'll know to expect a degree of difficulty and complexity that require a bit more than simple pick up and play, nonetheless enough effort has gone into the difficulty curve for newcomers, and as always - incredible rewards wait for those who earn them.

The Lost Technologies premieres today as well. It's an expansion that features (not surprisingly) new and incredibly unique technology for all the in-game races, interesting "side effects" to existing tech mechanics, new content to explore and an all-new Tech Race game mode: a cutthroat race for technological superiority.

The Last Federation Collection features the base game, as well as the Betrayed Hope & The Lost Technologies DLC all at 50% off!

Rebuild <span class="bold">The Last Federation</span> and recover <span class="bold">The Lost Technologies</span>, now DRM-free on GOG.com. The launch discounts will last for one week, until November 18, 1:59 PM GMT.
I don't want to sound harsh, because I love Arcen and their games, And I try to support the games I love in general, but here, I'm feeling a bit screwed, like others. I already own the base game and the first expansion... And so, I can't have the same discount at launch as for the collection ?
That's... Not really pleasant. And it's sad, because a new expansion for this game is a very good news at the start.
May be I should always wait some years now with indy dev's before buying, to have a "complete edition" and not encounter this kind of things :/ (And believe me, I really don't like to think this way)

Edit : And GOG (and Arcen) : why not simply giving us the possibility to upgrade to the complete edition, with the same discount ? Everybody would have been happier ! (I think)
Post edited November 11, 2015 by Splatsch
I'm confused. How would I even buy this if I wanted to?

I already have Last Federation and Betrayed Hope.

"Last Federation Collection" shows as unowned for me. I take it that's just going to be an eternal burr under the saddle? If I wanted the new expansion, I could just buy that?

But I would always be missing one "wallpaper"? Not that I give a flying crap about that... but... really? Not for you, loyal customers!
yogsloth: I'm confused. How would I even buy this if I wanted to?

I already have Last Federation and Betrayed Hope.

"Last Federation Collection" shows as unowned for me. I take it that's just going to be an eternal burr under the saddle? If I wanted the new expansion, I could just buy that?

But I would always be missing one "wallpaper"? Not that I give a flying crap about that... but... really? Not for you, loyal customers!
http://www.gog.com/game/the_last_federation_the_lost_technologies
CelineSSauve: Well... I'm waiting for the new DLC to be at least 50% off, since I'm currently being punished for already owning the base game and first DLC. >:(
This.
Same as everyone else.
CelineSSauve: Well... I'm waiting for the new DLC to be at least 50% off, since I'm currently being punished for already owning the base game and first DLC. >:(
Of course, by the time the new DLC is 50% off, the collection will probably be 66% off.
Never heard of this game before but more space games is goooooood.
More of the same "wasn't this already here?" *check library* "yup, and I already own it" *reads announcement & thread* yeah, no.
P1na: More of the same "wasn't this already here?" *check library* "yup, and I already own it" *reads announcement & thread* yeah, no.
Ah, it is the collection of base game + 2 DLCs that is new, thank you for informing.
Wow, I already own the game + dlc so I'm screwed when I buy the new dlc. Ummm... no. I'm just gonna wait for a sale... or maybe just take the dlc off my wishlist alltogether.

Thanks for the middle finger Arcen!
The situation is worse at humble. I have Last Federation and Betrayed Hope DRM free at humble. The Lost Technology DLC there is steam-only!

I hope its just a website error - I don't really want to have to buy it all here just to get the new DLC.
hummer010: The situation is worse at humble. I have Last Federation and Betrayed Hope DRM free at humble. The Lost Technology DLC there is steam-only!

I hope its just a website error - I don't really want to have to buy it all here just to get the new DLC.
Alright! Double middle finger! Awesome!!!
Maybe I misunderstand something, but I don't see how anyone is screwed here.
At the moment the price in Russia with the discount is 229 RUB for the Collection and 149 RUB for the new expansion.
I presume that the situation is similar with other currencies.
So anyone can get the new expansion pretty cheap, but in case they are new customers, they can also add 80 RUB to get the complete edition.

The math says that the newcomers could as well have the same 10% discount for the expansion as everyone else, but their discount for the base game + first expansion then would equal 73%.

I think nobody would consider this unfair.
tinyE: Okay well this game looks impossible. XD
Impossible not to like! :D
I'm serious, Arcen Games is a weird company; I mean, they resurface your deepest and fondest memories as a young lad and put that in a game. It's like their games have some scent from the happy days of before and... I'll stop here. :P
No joke btw!
tinyE: Okay well this game looks impossible. XD
vicklemos: Impossible not to like! :D
I'm serious, Arcen Games is a weird company; I mean, they resurface your deepest and fondest memories as a young lad and put that in a game. It's like their games have some scent from the happy days of before and... I'll stop here. :P
No joke btw!
Okay vicklemos, I trust you but come on, those screen shots make this thing look complicated to say the least. XD Try to put yourself in the shoes of a brain dead old man like myself for a second and ask, "Is this game asking too much?" :P