It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Your space federation.

<span class="bold">The Last Federation Collection</span> & <span class="bold">The Lost Technologies</span>, a turn-based Sci-Fi space epic, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com with 50% off the collection, and 10% off The Lost Technologies DLC.

From the creators of AI War: Fleet Command comes the turn-based, tactical space simulator. A great genocide has swept through the universe, entire world and races have been wiped away at the whims of power-hungry rulers and frustrated subjects. Your people are all but gone as well, and peace has been restored... for now.
In The Last Federation, your mission is to form a brave new world, a new system, the last space federation. You'll traverse the outer reaches of space on a quest of diplomacy, resources, trading, and a turn-based combat - sometimes, a few may have to die for the good of many.
If you've played AI War: Fleet Command, you'll know to expect a degree of difficulty and complexity that require a bit more than simple pick up and play, nonetheless enough effort has gone into the difficulty curve for newcomers, and as always - incredible rewards wait for those who earn them.

The Lost Technologies premieres today as well. It's an expansion that features (not surprisingly) new and incredibly unique technology for all the in-game races, interesting "side effects" to existing tech mechanics, new content to explore and an all-new Tech Race game mode: a cutthroat race for technological superiority.

The Last Federation Collection features the base game, as well as the Betrayed Hope & The Lost Technologies DLC all at 50% off!

Rebuild <span class="bold">The Last Federation</span> and recover <span class="bold">The Lost Technologies</span>, now DRM-free on GOG.com. The launch discounts will last for one week, until November 18, 1:59 PM GMT.
x4000c: Basically each collection is discontinued when a new one comes out, so there's never multiple collections competing for a new customer's attention.
Okay. That helps thing. :)

I still prefer buying things in a "bundle" than a "collection", mainly because then GOG advises me I already own the thing. I have at least 360 different games from GOG, so it's a bit hard to keep track, but I certainly understand that you have business reasons for the "collection" option.

It is always nice to see improvements to the base game even when expansions are being released. Few companies do that, so thank you for that.

I likely will still wait a while before looking at more content for this game (namely after I've played it XD), but now I'm interested in-- *facepalms*

Nevermind, I've owned the AI War Collection since June of this year.

I should really cut myself off until I make a dent in things...
Celton88: Great response from Arcen. I'm buying the expansion now.
"Great"?? Just.. just """great""""? It was magnificent, dude!!! :P
I've never ever seen someone so damn polite and respectful as mr. x4000c.
Bought their games before, gifted some, will buy more. Period. They rock!
Post edited November 12, 2015 by vicklemos
Celton88: Great response from Arcen. I'm buying the expansion now.
vicklemos: "Great"?? Just.. just """great""""? It was magnificent, dude!!! :P
lol very true. Great is an understatement. Chris really opened up about the journey and the business point of view. I want to support that kind of transparency, dedication and responsiveness. HE ROCKS!
Post edited November 12, 2015 by Celton88
x4000c: Anyway, we go out of our way to try to make it fair and reasonably priced, but sometimes the fact that we do things a bit differently can be confusing. Most games get dumped after a year or two at most, whereas when player interest stays, we tend to stay as well. And either way, even if you never buy an expansion from us again for this game, each expansion that comes out will bring you yet more free base game content that you get, so if you come back and play the game three years from now, and the game has continued to do more expansions, then you'll have some new goodies without paying anything more.

Hopefully that makes sense!
I'm replying to this post, since it's the latest one as of this writing, but I have to say that your input has had a great impact on me. The result is that I'm going to grab the expansions for your game (I only own the base game) right now, and this is solely due to your engagement in the forums here and your willinglness to talk with we players that have/had some concerns about the pricing scheme. Developers that are actually willing to explain things and engage with the players are few and far between. I feel that should be rewarded, so it's off to the purchase screen for me. Kudos, and thank you again for taking the time to answer our questions/concerns.
x4000c: Anyway, we go out of our way to try to make it fair and reasonably priced, but sometimes the fact that we do things a bit differently can be confusing. Most games get dumped after a year or two at most, whereas when player interest stays, we tend to stay as well. And either way, even if you never buy an expansion from us again for this game, each expansion that comes out will bring you yet more free base game content that you get, so if you come back and play the game three years from now, and the game has continued to do more expansions, then you'll have some new goodies without paying anything more.

Hopefully that makes sense!
GR00T: I'm replying to this post, since it's the latest one as of this writing, but I have to say that your input has had a great impact on me. The result is that I'm going to grab the expansions for your game (I only own the base game) right now, and this is solely due to your engagement in the forums here and your willinglness to talk with we players that have/had some concerns about the pricing scheme. Developers that are actually willing to explain things and engage with the players are few and far between. I feel that should be rewarded, so it's off to the purchase screen for me. Kudos, and thank you again for taking the time to answer our questions/concerns.
Agreed.
I didnt have this on my wishlist, but it is now.
Developers that take time to answer and not give the silent treatment shoud be rewarded.
On to the wishlist it goes.

Who composed the music for this?
the soundtrack of the trailer got stuck in my head.
Lodium: Who composed the music for this?
That was Pablo Vega. He's Arcen's staff composer, does the music for all their games. A lot of it is actually on Bandcamp, but not all of it. That track in particular is the Acutians main theme.
Post edited November 12, 2015 by Watashiwa
For anybody who is asking himself what the game is about, here is a review:

WTF is Last Federation

PS Thanks for the link to Bandcamp, Watashiva.
Post edited November 12, 2015 by MaGo72
vicklemos: "Great"?? Just.. just """great""""? It was magnificent, dude!!! :P
Celton88: lol very true. Great is an understatement. Chris really opened up about the journey and the business point of view. I want to support that kind of transparency, dedication and responsiveness. HE ROCKS!
This kinda transparency is a rare quality, almost non-existent these days. HE ROCKS! :P
And damn their games are good!
x4000c: Hey guys -- Chris Park, the head of Arcen Games here.
Wow I appreciate the long and detailed explanation. Hard to argue maths :)

Despite the fact I don't have time to game (getting 3 hours of sleep a night this week due to additional work commitments) I'll pick this up 50% special, good price if I ever get to play and at lest keep you going on those dry months.

Now I must get to work and perhaps a few hours to dream of playing games before I get up for work again.

----
Message to all, game more work less!

Lodium: Who composed the music for this?
Watashiwa: That was Pablo Vega. He's Arcen's staff composer, does the music for all their games. A lot of it is actually on Bandcamp, but not all of it. That track in particular is the Acutians main theme.
Excellent thanks for the link. Like getting music there, lossless FLAC is always appreciated.
Post edited November 12, 2015 by deonast
high rated
I also have to say this: YOU guys freaking rock. Honestly I was really nervous coming to post, because in some cases any response is met with flames when people are already angry. But I really love the mature discussion here; anyone who disagrees or is still unhappy is expressing it without vitriol or personal attacks. Which I cannot begin to express how much I appreciate. Awesome place as always.
x4000c: I also have to say this: YOU guys freaking rock. Honestly I was really nervous coming to post, because in some cases any response is met with flames when people are already angry. But I really love the mature discussion here; anyone who disagrees or is still unhappy is expressing it without vitriol or personal attacks. Which I cannot begin to express how much I appreciate. Awesome place as always.
Thanks a ton, pal. Been here for years and years and the maturity here is (sometimes) too damn high! :D
Now, spill the beans and check the attachment: just... how?
You guys are also the ones behind the almighty .kkrieger? :P
Attachments:
As others have already mentioned, your responsiveness here - especially during a very busy time - and your candor is incredibly refreshing.

(Anyone remember the dev that implied some of his customers were, um, I won't repeat it here IN HIS RELEASE THREAD? You'll see him reply to me here on the GOG forums when I next mention I won't buy his game.)

Apologies for busting in here all harsh. Just one day prior I had been emailing with a dev who has discounted his game multiple times on all platforms EXCEPT GOG.

I was going to grab this at some point, of course. But I'm grabbing it now. And even better, I'm bumping the base so far up the backlog that I'll get it installed tonight. Cheers!
Post edited November 12, 2015 by budejovice
Was going to wait for a bigger sale, mainly cuz I don't have time to play games anymore and it would just end up sitting on my "shelf"...

But after Arcen's response, bought the Collection. Looking forward to trying it out in 2020!
x4000c: I also have to say this: YOU guys freaking rock. Honestly I was really nervous coming to post, because in some cases any response is met with flames when people are already angry. But I really love the mature discussion here; anyone who disagrees or is still unhappy is expressing it without vitriol or personal attacks. Which I cannot begin to express how much I appreciate. Awesome place as always.
Thanks for your responses.

I already own the base game plus "Betrayed Hope DLC". Truth is I'm kind of disappointed by the pricing. I mean I had paid much more than the collection's price until now and I was expecting a lets say deeper "dedication" launch discount for "The Lost Technologies DLC".

Anyway I really want to support what you're doing, so I'll buy the new DLC soon.

I'm waiting for Stars Beyond Reach too! :-)
Post edited November 12, 2015 by vanchann
high rated
vicklemos: Now, spill the beans and check the attachment: just... how?
You guys are also the ones behind the almighty .kkrieger? :P
Ah! You know, I wondered when someone would ask about that, but nobody has to my knowledge. The main reason that this one is so small is because it doesn't include any new music, and it only has a few full-screen paintings. The ship and icon graphics, and text and all that, is all surprisingly small if you think about it. Code in general for all games is really small -- with AAA titles you're looking at big filesizes mainly because of textures, meshes, and music. This expansion just focused on a lot of things that were more code-focused, or that used smaller textures (aka ships and icons).

budejovice: Apologies for busting in here all harsh. Just one day prior I had been emailing with a dev who has discounted his game multiple times on all platforms EXCEPT GOG.
No worries at all, I understand how it goes. One of my favorite Magic: The Gathering cards ever is this one: http://i.tcgplayer.com/2588.jpg ;)
Post edited November 12, 2015 by x4000c