It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

<span class="bold">Technobabylon</span>, the cyberpunk Wadjet Eye adventure, is available for now for Windows, DRM-free on GOG.com.

Wadjet Eye, the prestigious paragons of pixelated-but-modern point-and-click adventure game hits, are back with yet another exciting creation. In <span class="bold">Technobabylon</span>, the adventure is set in a dystopian future where genetic engineering is basic surgery, and a good day is a day on Trance. In a city controlled by an all-knowing Artificial Intelligence and a terrifying police force, the three protagonists are: Charlie Regis, an agent of the secret police; Latha Sesame, a jobless Trance-addict; and Max Lao, a woman torn between her loyalties. Together they'll have to unravel the dangerous secrets of a high-tech society that can only be labeled dysfunctional.

If you're into lots of bonus content, you can pick up the <span class="bold">Deluxe Edition</span> (or just upgrade later) which includes:
-- Full soundtrack
-- Recording session video
-- Production art gallery (concepts, 3D models, full-size portraits, etc.),
-- Technobabylon Codex (PDF with backstory)
-- Poster art wallpaper

Topple a new world order in <span class="bold">Technobabylon</span>, the retro cyberpunk adventure, now on GOG.com!
Can you please confirm, does it use AGS? If yes, it can be playable on Linux using the Linux build of AGS.
Post edited May 22, 2015 by shmerl
deleted
silalus: Weird, I know. But honestly so many included soundtracks in the base price was what initially drew me to GoG.
While I quite enjoy a well done soundtrack as they can add a lot to a film, tv show, or even a video game, I could never bother with any of them on their own. They just don't sound right to me when played separately. They're not like songs I may like that I can play again and again, especially because they're designed specifically to accompany their respective medium as opposed to music that was created just for listening on its own.
I'll be keeping my eye on the Linux version ;)
Daliz: I'll be keeping my eye on the Linux version ;)
I suspect that if it's AGS based, you can easily make it playable on Linux (AGS can be built from source and you can run it with game resources). But someone would need to confirm that it indeed uses AGS.
Daliz: I'll be keeping my eye on the Linux version ;)
shmerl: I suspect that if it's AGS based, you can easily make it playable on Linux (AGS can be built from source and you can run it with game resources). But someone would need to confirm that it indeed uses AGS.
It's on the AGS forum, so yes:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=50543.0
shmerl: I suspect that if it's AGS based, you can easily make it playable on Linux (AGS can be built from source and you can run it with game resources). But someone would need to confirm that it indeed uses AGS.
BTW, AGS rocks. I played around with it a bit and if you watch some of the video tutorials they have on YouTube, anyone can make a fairly simple "point and click" game reminiscent of the older Sierra games. It's free too and still being maintained.
Daliz: It's on the AGS forum, so yes:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=50543.0
Great! AGS is buildable pretty trivially. Just get the code here: https://github.com/adventuregamestudio/ags
Instructions: https://github.com/adventuregamestudio/ags/blob/master/debian/README.md

JDelekto: BTW, AGS rocks. I played around with it a bit and if you watch some of the video tutorials they have on YouTube, anyone can make a fairly simple "point and click" game reminiscent of the older Sierra games. It's free too and still being maintained.
Yeah, it's a good project. Quest for Infamy uses it too. And it's not just maintained - it's being developed further.
Post edited May 22, 2015 by shmerl
shmerl: Great! AGS is buildable pretty trivially. Just get the code here: https://github.com/adventuregamestudio/ags
Instructions: https://github.com/adventuregamestudio/ags/blob/master/debian/README.md

Yeah, it's a good project. Quest for Infamy uses it too. And it's not just maintained - it's being developed further.
Pardon, my mistake! Yes it is actively being developed; I avoided the latest stable release because of a bug mentioned in the forums, I don't necessarily try to build the latest versions unless there is a dire need. I've just been "playing around" with AGS from time to time, but I really love how it's been turning out. for the development environment.
Post edited May 22, 2015 by JDelekto
Great release! Wishlisted for now.
Looks pretty cool. Point and click adventure games never dies!
NoxTM: Has there been a general Wadjet Eye Games sale yet? I'm interested in, well, everything, but it's getting to the point where they've developed quite a GOG catalogue and I'd rather pick them all up than one or two at a time (plus the additional savings, which is always a win).
A general sale, I don't think so but most (if not all) of those game have already been discounted here (and elsewhere too :)).
Is it anything like Mr.Bungle's Desert search for Techno Allah?
high rated
Breja: Really, really tired of the retro-pixelated style. I much prefer beautiful graphics like Chains of Satinav/Memoria or the cartoonish look of Deponia or proper modern 3D yet still cartoonish look of Book of Unwritten Tales. Damn, there are freeware titles that look so much better than this. Don't get me wrong, I know graphics are not everything, and there are great adventure games with somewhat terrible graphics like Ben There, Dan That, or my personal favorite Christopher Columbus is an Idiot but this cheap pixelated nostalgia gimmick has really worn thin. It has become an eternal excuse for indie developers to just not bother with something better looking.
You are entitled to your opinion, just know that it isn't shared by everyone. Personally I think it quite absurd to call this detailed pixel art a "cheap gimmick" and liken it to "terrible graphics", and I'd disagree that beauty is only found in the style of Chains of Satinav, Deponia or Dirty Split. They're different styles, and each has their audience; some people even like all of them for what they are, without any thoughts of "these apples look so much better than those oranges". Wadjet Eye Games is known for making low-res AGS adventures, as a small two-people family business relying on the help of friends and talented pixel artists and authors from the AGS community. They do what they are able to do with their possibilities and what they can afford to stay in business, while at the same time trying to offer the best product they can under these circumstances, and I think the results are pretty awesome. If you don't think so, clearly those games aren't for you. But I don't think they need to excuse themselves for doing what they enjoy. What's your excuse for not simply ignoring their games instead of badmouthing their hard work just because the style doesn't appeal to you?
Post edited May 22, 2015 by Leroux
silalus: So it's a little sad to me that so many games are now being offered with "deluxe" versions for the soundtrack instead of including it in the modestly priced base version that will ultimately be flash-saled at a worth-it-just-for-the-soundtrack price.
Muso's have caught on their is a living to be made off game soundtracks..blame them ...:P