It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

<span class="bold">Technobabylon</span>, the cyberpunk Wadjet Eye adventure, is available for now for Windows, DRM-free on GOG.com.

Wadjet Eye, the prestigious paragons of pixelated-but-modern point-and-click adventure game hits, are back with yet another exciting creation. In <span class="bold">Technobabylon</span>, the adventure is set in a dystopian future where genetic engineering is basic surgery, and a good day is a day on Trance. In a city controlled by an all-knowing Artificial Intelligence and a terrifying police force, the three protagonists are: Charlie Regis, an agent of the secret police; Latha Sesame, a jobless Trance-addict; and Max Lao, a woman torn between her loyalties. Together they'll have to unravel the dangerous secrets of a high-tech society that can only be labeled dysfunctional.

If you're into lots of bonus content, you can pick up the <span class="bold">Deluxe Edition</span> (or just upgrade later) which includes:
-- Full soundtrack
-- Recording session video
-- Production art gallery (concepts, 3D models, full-size portraits, etc.),
-- Technobabylon Codex (PDF with backstory)
-- Poster art wallpaper

Topple a new world order in <span class="bold">Technobabylon</span>, the retro cyberpunk adventure, now on GOG.com!
Laberbacke: Shenanigans, eh? You might like this, then: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheDevTeamThinksOfEverything
About player deaths: It's great that it just resets here. I was just playing the Tex Murphy series where you are really screwed if you don't save every couple of seconds. I learned that the hard way, had to replay about an hour or so.
Well at least the FMV Tex games only have a few places each where you can die. I always saved at a beginning of a new location so the amount of replay is not that much :) I don't know about the first 2 games as I haven't played them.
I love Primordia and meant to get this title when I saw the release article, but then I noticed the difference between the "Delux" and "normal" versions... Primordia came with the full soundtrack, wallpapers, voiceover session footage, artworks, the fantastic "Fallen" novella + translation, and is only $10 - in fact they're usually added to all of Wadjet Eye's titles; why are these goodies suddenly behind another paywall for Technobabylon's base version, which is $15 on release? If it was just the OST I would understand (although $5 for the soundtrack sounds steep), but could the wallpapers and gallery really not be kept in the base version as always? Is the poster really that important and such high-quality that it had to be reserved for the "delux" edition customers for 5 more dollars?

This trend of splitting a title to "base" and "delux" editions of any kind surely can't be healthy for indie developers in the long run; it's not about "getting your money's worth" but about a developer's attitude towards its customers - these used to be added to GOG titles for indie (and even non-indie!) titles as a display of good will towards the customer, to create a better relationship with the audience of future titles and maintain good faith, and taking them out and placing them in higher-grade versions for more money just feels money-hungry, to me, and an abuse of that good faith. The same goes for microtransactions, day-1 DLC, real money for in-game currency and so on.

Regardless, I wish Wadjet Eye all the best, they're a solid developer in my book. I just hope this doesn't become the norm.
There was a pre order option

preorder clearly read:

preorder now and upgrade to the deluxe version for free

TECHNOBABYLON: DELUXE EDITION € 14.19

Order total: € 14.19

so basically there is nothing done or gone wrong.

just listened to the flac tracks, what a superb quality.... the tracks are big 22 mb and up but what a quality, its like a live orchestra playing in your room

and all at only 14 bucks and some cents (pre order)
so always make sure to read the text a few times, to make sure what is offered then compare it and see if its something for you.

besides, do you know what would be asked for flac quality tracks?
you cant get all things for merely 20 cents... sometimes it costs a bit more.

always count the number of tracks if the info is available, usually there are at least 5 or 6 tracks in the bundle so thats 1 dollar each or a bit more, often there are 8 or more tracks so that would be less then 70 cents or so.

32 tracks flac
32 tracks also as 320 kbps mp3
at less then 8 bucks thats a steal. !

like i said you cant buy the world for nothing ;D
Post edited May 24, 2015 by gamesfreak64
Breja: Really, really tired of the retro-pixelated style.
:snip:
It has become an eternal excuse for indie developers to just not bother with something better looking.
OR they just like it that way. In my opinion out there are too many games with comic-look whose style don't pleases me much. There's no accounting for taste. No one forces you to buy/support/rejoice such art. If you don't like it (any more) - just go by. ;)
But thanks for the links, this Columbus game looks very promising harhar
gamefood: OR they just like it that way. In my opinion out there are too many games with comic-look whose style don't pleases me much. There's no accounting for taste. No one forces you to buy/support/rejoice such art. If you don't like it (any more) - just go by. ;)
But thanks for the links, this Columbus game looks very promising harhar
It's great. It's one of the titles that got me back into adventure games.

Also, I elaborated later that I did overreact, and direct my frustration at the wrong game/developer. When that is the style that the developer really feel fits the game best, and taht is what they do best, it's fine. It just became so popular to do pixels and call your game retro, that some see it as an excuse to not really try to do anything good with it, just ride the nostalgiawave for easy buck. It annoys me, but once again, I'm sorry for picking on the wrong game/developer.
just saw techno babylon dlx (17.99) among the most sold games on the home page :D
already told at the beginning that at 18 bucks with 32 tracks in flac (lossless audio) and 320 kbps mp3 its a nice price
i pre ordered it after i read the upgrade to dlx was free.

i think some might have overlooked that, cause less then 15 bucks and free upgrade is always a good buy.

the few soundtracks for the convoy game at 8 bucks and some cents is expensive if you compare that to the technobabylon tracks, ogg is lossy format eventhough some might think its losless, it is a lossy compression.

So buying technobabylon upgrade is good deal, compared to the more expensive convoy tracks (17 tracks i think it was)
Post edited May 28, 2015 by gamesfreak64