It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Choose your path!

<i>Star Wars</i>&reg;: Knights of the Old Republic, a BioWare-developed open-ended RPG classic set in a galaxy far, far away, is available 20% off on GOG.com. That's only $9.99 for the first week!

<i>Star Wars</i>&reg;: Knights of the Old Republic takes us back four thousand years before the rise of the Galactic Empire, as the Republic verges on collapse. Darth Malak, last surviving apprentice of the Dark Lord Revan, has unleashed an invincible Sith armada upon an unsuspecting galaxy. Crushing all resistance, Malak’s war of conquest has left the Jedi Order scattered and vulnerable as countless Knights fall in battle, and many more swear allegiance to the new Sith Master. In the skies above the Outer Rim world of Taris, a Jedi battle fleet engages the forces of Darth Malak in a desperate effort to halt the Sith's galactic domination. Hundreds of Jedi Knights have already fallen in battle against the ruthless Sith. You are the last hope of the Jedi Order. Can you master the awesome power of the Force™ on your quest to save the Republic? Or will you fall to the lure of the dark side? Hero or villain, savior or conqueror... you alone will determine the destiny of the entire galaxy!

From the amazing story, through great mechanics, down to the awesome musical score composed by Jeremy Soule, <i>Star Wars</i>&reg;: Knights of the Old Republic delivers upon the promise of creating a gateway into the universe imagined by George Lucas! Get it DRM-Free, for only $9.99 on GOG.com!

Now, for a special surprise! We're kicking off streams hosted by GOG.com community members. Many of you might know JackAttackNZ from around our forums. You can see him play <i>Star Wars</i>&reg;: Knights of the Old Republic, archived from the Twitch.tv/GOGcom stream, right here.

LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. (C) Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved. Used under Authorization.
Post edited October 30, 2014 by G-Doc
Hardrada: It it great to finally get this and the other Lucasarts games on GOG, but I am disappointed with the extras being offered, mostly manuals, reference cards, and strategy guides. There is not a single wallpaper/artwork/avatar/soundtrack in the lot of them. While that may be understandable for games from the early nineties, it is harder to justify for the more recent releases such as this.
Maybe they wanted to get the games released as soon as possible after the contract was signed, and didn't spend the usual amount of time goodie-hunting.
high rated
UPDATE!

In one hour from now, JackAttackNZ, our long-time community member that many of you know from around these forums, will be streaming STAR WARS®: Knights of the Old Republic on our Twitch.tv/GOGcom channel! This is the very first GOG community stream and Jack is getting up very early to play the game for us. Please give him a warm welcome!

If you'd like to follow his footsteps, drop me a note pointing to some of your stuff either on Twitch or YouTube, and we'll talk! :-)
blackburnheart: It's compatible with the xbox 360 control?
no,unlike jade empire this game is not compatible with the 360 controller natively.
The GOG downloader refuses to download the German installer and just says "paused". English version works fine. Manual download also works without problems.
Wurzelkraft: The GOG downloader refuses to download the German installer and just says "paused". English version works fine. Manual download also works without problems.
did you check the disk space of the location where you want to download it to? if you've not enough it will stay paused what ever you do

edit nvm, stays paused for me too
Post edited October 29, 2014 by MaGo72
5 minutes till twitch stream should start!
G-Doc: UPDATE!

In one hour from now, JackAttackNZ, our long-time community member that many of you know from around these forums, will be streaming STAR WARS®: Knights of the Old Republic on our Twitch.tv/GOGcom channel! This is the very first GOG community stream and Jack is getting up very early to play the game for us. Please give him a warm welcome!

If you'd like to follow his footsteps, drop me a note pointing to some of your stuff either on Twitch or YouTube, and we'll talk! :-)
Pretty quiet on Twitch, need a little something on the front page.
Hardrada: It it great to finally get this and the other Lucasarts games on GOG, but I am disappointed with the extras being offered, mostly manuals, reference cards, and strategy guides. There is not a single wallpaper/artwork/avatar/soundtrack in the lot of them. While that may be understandable for games from the early nineties, it is harder to justify for the more recent releases such as this.
VanishedOne: Maybe they wanted to get the games released as soon as possible after the contract was signed, and didn't spend the usual amount of time goodie-hunting.
Hopefully you are right and more will be added in soon.
I am so excited for this. I remember playing this on my XBox! Why is it two bucks more than the Steam version though?
Wurzelkraft: The GOG downloader refuses to download the German installer and just says "paused". English version works fine. Manual download also works without problems.
MaGo72: did you check the disk space of the location where you want to download it to? if you've not enough it will stay paused what ever you do

edit nvm, stays paused for me too
Try downloading it from your browser for now and we'll investigate what's going on with the Downloader and the German version
I got it in a heartbeat, hoping for the usual GOG treatment, but sadly it's not the case. At least it only crashes if I select 1280x1024 as resolution, but seems I'll have to go the DIY route to get it working in widescreen :\
I might just get rid of my Xbox copy now. Bit disappointed that using a controller for the PC won't be as good as it was on the Xbox.
mobutu: imo this is one among the greatest games ever, and the real star of todays 6games release on gog.
so thanks to gog and disney for bringing it here, drmfree and 100% compatible with modern systems/oses!

looking forward for completing the series with kotor2 soon, i mean this year :)
I got Knights of the Old Republic on Steam a while back for a hefty 15 euro, delighted it's on GOG!

Any idea when KOTOR 2: The Sith Lords will make an appearance here?

It's one of those games I've been to play but I've never got around to...
It seems the KotOR series subforum is gone!
parabox: It seems the KotOR series subforum is gone!
It's there. You sure it isn't just hidden?