It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Choose your path!

<i>Star Wars</i>&reg;: Knights of the Old Republic, a BioWare-developed open-ended RPG classic set in a galaxy far, far away, is available 20% off on GOG.com. That's only $9.99 for the first week!

<i>Star Wars</i>&reg;: Knights of the Old Republic takes us back four thousand years before the rise of the Galactic Empire, as the Republic verges on collapse. Darth Malak, last surviving apprentice of the Dark Lord Revan, has unleashed an invincible Sith armada upon an unsuspecting galaxy. Crushing all resistance, Malak’s war of conquest has left the Jedi Order scattered and vulnerable as countless Knights fall in battle, and many more swear allegiance to the new Sith Master. In the skies above the Outer Rim world of Taris, a Jedi battle fleet engages the forces of Darth Malak in a desperate effort to halt the Sith's galactic domination. Hundreds of Jedi Knights have already fallen in battle against the ruthless Sith. You are the last hope of the Jedi Order. Can you master the awesome power of the Force™ on your quest to save the Republic? Or will you fall to the lure of the dark side? Hero or villain, savior or conqueror... you alone will determine the destiny of the entire galaxy!

From the amazing story, through great mechanics, down to the awesome musical score composed by Jeremy Soule, <i>Star Wars</i>&reg;: Knights of the Old Republic delivers upon the promise of creating a gateway into the universe imagined by George Lucas! Get it DRM-Free, for only $9.99 on GOG.com!

Now, for a special surprise! We're kicking off streams hosted by GOG.com community members. Many of you might know JackAttackNZ from around our forums. You can see him play <i>Star Wars</i>&reg;: Knights of the Old Republic, archived from the Twitch.tv/GOGcom stream, right here.

LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. (C) Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved. Used under Authorization.
Post edited October 30, 2014 by G-Doc
MaGo72: What if the cat in the tree looks like that?
Aww how cute. What's his name? Chairman Meow?
Post edited October 29, 2014 by Siegor
SWKOTOR: I love you guys! I am practically dancing around singing because of this release!
tinyE: THIS.

KOTOR is for SW fans who suck at RPGs, like me. I suck at them and yet I play this over and over and over. I stress that it's for SW fans though because a hardcore RPG player might find it over simplified and lacking depth whereas a SW won't care because he'll be too busy blasting the soundtrack or playing around with his light sabre all while yelling to anyone within earshot, "Dude I got a red! No, man I want Green. No Red and Green! No, I want a double Purple!"
JudasIscariot: I did kind of exploit the Light Side/Dark Side system since it was mostly "OK, I'lll be evil enough to get the force lightning AND then I'll continue saving the Star Wars equivalent of kittens!"
Well, a force user can be light side and have lightning, Kyle Katarn proved that (at least in Jedi Academy...)
It's compatible with the xbox 360 control?
It's KOTOR! Thank you, GOG! Finally you can bring it here! I'm so happy to see it. Absolutely must get it without delay! XD
blackburnheart: It's compatible with the xbox 360 control?
My GOG copy of Jade Empire is and I believe they pretty much use the same engine.

Absolutely pumped. Already bought.
It it great to finally get this and the other Lucasarts games on GOG, but I am disappointed with the extras being offered, mostly manuals, reference cards, and strategy guides. There is not a single wallpaper/artwork/avatar/soundtrack in the lot of them. While that may be understandable for games from the early nineties, it is harder to justify for the more recent releases such as this.
ShadowWulfe: My GOG copy of Jade Empire is and I believe they pretty much use the same engine.

Great! I played it 10 years ago! But I couldn't finish it because I was playing with a borrowed xbox... now I will. :D
Briareos262: Yay, one my all time favorite games of all time ^_^ definitely in the top 5 tier. I will definitely rebuy at some point even though I have it on steam and regular xbox.

Does anyone know if this version includes the DLC Yavin station?

My old xbox copy never had the Yavin dlc mostly in due to not have xbox live back then =/
I'd say it probably does, as the CD version did.

As a little bit of bitter trivia, all of my xbox saves for this game are unplayable now, due to my 360 dying (and being replaced by Microsoft) after they decommissioned the old xbox live network. The dlc, which is still present on the hard drive, is locked to my old console. (BOO!!! HISSS!!!)
YES. finally :)
This game is seriously good.
I'd recommend KotOR even to gamers who don't like the SW movies, since it has no reference to them. :)

Gameplay-wise, it's just a decent RPG, but it has a good plot, with a great twist and a strong emphasis on the consequences of your actions, in particular if you follow the dark side.
I also liked the fact that your companions have their own personality. In comparison, KotOR 2 was really disappointing.
Briareos262: Yay, one my all time favorite games of all time ^_^ definitely in the top 5 tier. I will definitely rebuy at some point even though I have it on steam and regular xbox.

Does anyone know if this version includes the DLC Yavin station?

My old xbox copy never had the Yavin dlc mostly in due to not have xbox live back then =/
Yes, the PC version was released from the beginning with that DLC included
JudasIscariot: Sorry but Force Lighting > all

Get a load of this Jedi :P

>credits
>not silvers

hownew.ru?
johnnygoging: anything is better than being a grey jedi. the concept of grey jedi always kind of cheesed me off with these games. SPOILERS?>>........... bindo was awesome though.
Grey Lightning?
ShadowWulfe: My GOG copy of Jade Empire is and I believe they pretty much use the same engine.

Please do report whether it works if you can.
Post edited October 29, 2014 by omega64
Such a great game, so many awesome memories.