It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

You get a lightsaber!

Star Wars™ Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, in which you master weapons of the Jedi and face the very real temptations of the dark side, is now available for Windows, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 20% launch discount.

Dark Forces revolutionised the early days of first person shooting. Star Wars™ Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II improved on the experience in almost every imaginable regard, as the series once again established a significant milestone in 3D action gaming. If the words "You get a lightsaber" weren't enough to get you hyped about this title back in the day, then the truly-3D environments and models, RPG elements, and unprecedented freedom of movement complemented by a varied arsenal of weapons and Force powers would have done it.

Star Wars™ Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II is a must-play for gamers looking to experience or relive gaming history, and the GOG.com treatment now makes this easier than ever. At the end of the day, it's a game that allows you to discover the Force entirely on your own - to walk the light path of a Jedi hero, or to unlock the sheer destructive power of the dark side - and that is just plain awesome.

Get your lightsaber and master the Force in Star Wars™ Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 20% launch discount will last for 72 hours, until Friday, January 30 at 1:59 PM GMT.
yyahoo: Well, to be technical, this thread is about Jedi Knight 1, which is also Dark Forces 2. Blame Lucas.
omega64: You're right, that's very confusing. xD
Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2: Mysteries of the Sith: You'd better not be using Win8! :P
yyahoo: Well, to be technical, this thread is about Jedi Knight 1, which is also Dark Forces 2. Blame Lucas.
No it's not, Jedi Knight 2 is slightly confusing title-wise but here Jedi Knight is just the subtitle for Dark Forces 2 ;)
Smannesman: No it's not, Jedi Knight 2 is slightly confusing title-wise but here Jedi Knight is just the subtitle for Dark Forces 2 ;)
Dark Forces 2 is the subtitle. :P
Curunauth: Looks like it'll soon be time to marathon the DF series again . . . I shall now impatiently await the best saber-combat sim of all time, aka Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast. (And Academy is good too.)
Oh, I originally thought this was Jedi Outcast, but upon taking a closer look at the screenshot, yeah, the graphics look more dated.

Guess I'll just have to wait for them to release that game.
Post edited January 28, 2015 by Magnitus
Smannesman: No it's not, Jedi Knight 2 is slightly confusing title-wise but here Jedi Knight is just the subtitle for Dark Forces 2 ;)
Grargar: Dark Forces 2 is the subtitle. :P
Not in my world, I've always read the logo from the outside to the inside.
Smannesman: Not in my world, I've always read the logo from the outside to the inside.
Well, the image emphasizes the words Jedi Knight over the words Dark Forces II. Plus, the official title is Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II. Needless to say, it's confusing.
Yeah, I was trying to be playful with em :)
Seriously, great games, but whoever named these should be be forced to listen to Lapti Nek for 24 hours straight. Or even worse...Jedi Rocks.
marsrunner: Seriously, great games, but whoever named these should be be forced to listen to Lapti Nek for 24 hours straight. Or even worse...Jedi Rocks.
It kind of reminds me of the Kain series.
Magnitus: Oh, I originally thought this was Jedi Outcast, but upon taking a closer look at the screenshot, yeah, the graphics look more dated.

Or you could try the Enhached and Texture mod:
http://youtu.be/WTvjPCPnhl8
Smannesman: Not in my world, I've always read the logo from the outside to the inside.
Grargar: Well, the image emphasizes the words Jedi Knight over the words Dark Forces II. Plus, the official title is Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II. Needless to say, it's confusing.
Everyone I know just simply calls it Jedi Knight. The only reason it's Dark Forces 2 is because it features the same protagonist(s) and continuation of their exploits, so I suppose LA wanted people to know that even if it just looks really silly.
Magnitus: Oh, I originally thought this was Jedi Outcast, but upon taking a closer look at the screenshot, yeah, the graphics look more dated.
They may be dated, but it's still great fun. Hell, I don't even mind playing in software mode as it is still (at least to me) quite a good-looking game in its glorious 8-bit colors. ;)

opeter2: Or you could try the Enhached and Texture mod:
Maybe I should try your approach after finishing MotS. During my first attempt at using the fanmade hardware wrapper it just made the game look all kinds of wonky.
Post edited January 28, 2015 by mistermumbles
xxxIndyxxx: I will try this immediately! Do I do the same with other mods (like hud enhancers)? Just put them in mod folder and run the game normally!
Yes, that is all you have to do.

Just put all the mods you want to use in the same folder and configure you game shortcut the same or similar as I wrote.
mistermumbles: They may be dated, but it's still great fun. Hell, I don't even mind playing in software mode as it is still (at least to me) quite a good-looking game in its glorious 8-bit colors. ;)
opeter2: Or you could try the Enhached and Texture mod:
Well, I'm guessing it's not just the graphics that feel more dated ;).

If I played the Jedi Knight series for the story, I might have felt more tempted to visit prior instalments, but the story of Outcast and Academy were never noteworthy for me (just an excuse to navigate through some great levels and lay foes low with force and lightsaber), the gameplay was.

And given that the gameplay of Outcast + Academy was so great and polished, I'm guessing that whichever changes they made compared to prior instalments were unequivocally for the better.
Post edited January 28, 2015 by Magnitus
Magnitus: And given that the gameplay of Outcast + Academy was so great and polished, I'm guessing that whichever changes they made compared to prior instalments were unequivocally for the better.
They don't allow you to handle the sword in first person in Outcast + Academy. A personal pet peeve of mine, of course it's more efficiend in 3rd person anyway, I just prefer 1st.

Anyway, the game still does have great level design (I think it actually has more memorable levels than Outcast overall) and the gun + swordplay are very satisfying and fun, so I can still recommend the purchase, in spite of the fact that Outcast definitely made a lot of changes for the better.
"Unable to set video mode (Video card may not have enough memory for this mode - try a lower setting. Restoring previous settings.)"

This is what I get when I try to play, tried all the tweaks, but the game si as messed up as the steam version. The only difference is that I got fullscreen menus and vidéos.

All that concerns ingame rendering displays a blackscreen with a lil windows on the top left with fucked up colors. I got the sound so the game is playing backwards.

I am so disapointed. I bought the game here because of the steam version. All others Lucasarts games bought here work (except i cant get over 800x600 in XWA), all other but this one doest.

My specs :
Intel i5 3470
Geforce GTX970 with up drivers
8 gb RAM
Windows 7 x64.