It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

You can't kill the metal, the metal will slay on!

<span class="bold">Slain: Back From Hell</span>, the glorious re-launch of the heavy-metal action/platformer, now galvanized with facemelting improvements, is available DRM-free on GOG.com for Windows, Mac, and Linux, with GOG Galaxy support for achievements and a 33% launch discount.
Those who already owned the original version before the update came out, will get Back From Hell for free plus an additional copy which they can gift to a headbanger friend! Just go to Slain: Back From Hell in your library and click on the box for a message that contains your gift code.

Metalheads, sharpen your oversized swords and prepare your sensitive ears. This is the epic, gory, and totally heavy-metal story of Bathoryn, the long-haired hero that decided to storm six creepy-looking towers, home to six terrible overlords. Will you help him wipe the toothy grins off their ugly mugs or will you let him get Slain?

Bathoryn's adventure was off to a rocky start, but Hell cannot contain his passion for action/platforming carnage. This re-launch brings huge changes across the board, including:

- Recalibrated combat and difficulty curve
- Three new boss fights and changed monster attack patterns
- Overhaul of certain visual elements, improved controls, and functionality
- New dialogue, story elements, and sequences
- Tons of other tweaks and fixes

It's finally time for that overpowering encore you've been waiting for! Steel your heart and hand with heavy-metal and stage-dive into <span class="bold">Slain: Back From Hell</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com. Or raise the volume to godlike levels with the <span class="bold">Deluxe Edition</span> upgrade, which includes the 20-track OST by Curt Victor Bryant, a digital postcard, a wicked wallpaper, and other surprises!
The 33% discount will last until August 22, 12:59 PM UTC.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/0YIYa4R0_Vs
Post edited August 19, 2016 by maladr0Id
fuck yes!
it looks sexy, but those reviews...
Looks pretty, might pick it up some other time.
Nice. I'll get the deluxey upgrade when I'm sure it won't be available as part of an annoying combo pack (GOG, fix your catalog, kthx).

The bonus code expires in 2026, but I'm going to forget about it way before that, so, anyone wants it? (You must want the game, I must see your post.)
WBGhiro: it looks sexy, but those reviews...
From what I understand developer actually took heed of thsoe reviews and took the game on Steam (I think) and started working on it again. It was mentioned in TotalBiscuit's video (starting at the linked time) and supposedly it plays quite better now. It probably still isn't game to be remembered for years but it should be at least much more enjoyable than before.
Post edited August 19, 2016 by Vitek
Cool. I put it back on the wishlist when I heard they were fixing it. Hopefully it makes everyone happier this time around.
Those reviews are for the original version of the game. Judging from the Steam reviews, Back From Hell is a much better game.
It's a game made by a bunch of awesome artists who'd messed up the technical part, what with having no technical expertise ("learn Unity in 3 easy lessions"-style). Then they found actual programmers to fix it and hopefully did (otherwise, why rerelease?). The reviews are from the initial release in March.
It sure looks tasty!

glad to see that it has gotten some love and seems way improved on the parts it hadn't done so well!
Nice release, great to see this get updated and hopefully much better than the original version. I held off buying the original, but with this update I'll throw the game back onto the ol' wishlist.
so, it is a good game now, supposedly.
Thanks and wishlisted.
Have a great weekend everybody!
Flaose: Those reviews are for the original version of the game. Judging from the Steam reviews, Back From Hell is a much better game.
agreed, i noticed this game was released on steam in march this year
check screenshot: slain_25march201.png

Negative (189)
thats quite a lot of negative reviews, not every game has so many bad reviews, so either some devs release a game to soon, or they don;t test it thoroughly enough.

Thats why usually most of the good old games won't have this problem, these games earned themselves a place in the game hall of fame over the years, with new releases its always waiting and hoping for the best.
Anyway thats why i favor old classic games cause many of them proved to be worth the money in the past, plus i am gaming for > 38 years now, so i have played lots of games, i know exactly what games i like.
Attachments:
Post edited August 19, 2016 by gamesfreak64
So it's much better now? But how much better?
Hot dang, FINALLY! And yes, I know the delay was on the dev side, not the GOG side. This is supposed to be mightily improved from the original, so I'm looking forward to finally playing it.