It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

You need to see how this one ends!

SiN Gold, a classic first-person shooter with an original futuristic story of fight against an artificial outburst of criminal tendencies, and one of the best level designs of the 1990s, coming complete with the Wages of Sin expansion, is available for only $9.99 on GOG.com.

[url=http://www.gog.com/game/sin_gold][/url]SiN Gold is one of the great and memorable first-person shooters of the olden days. Upon release it was highly praised for the great execution of its original and involving storyline and great level design, but sadly, it suffered from long loading times and pesky glitches. The fact that the patch fixing these problems was over 30MB in size in the times of Dial-Up Internet didn't help as well. That is how a game that deserves a prominent place in gaming's all-time hall of fame ended up slightly forgotten and overlooked by many FPS fans. With all the trouble way in the past, it is now time to get acquainted (or reunited) with this fantastic title! You can explore different puzzles and new routes each time you play. You will hack computer terminals, control security cameras, and wreak havoc. You will encounter new dangers and intelligent beings in every mission as you fight your way to the ultimate showdown! And you better believe it, an ultimate showdown it will be. The game comes complete with the Wages of Sin expansion.

Begin your crusade against crime and bring down the sinister syndicate lead by the beautiful but deadly Elexis Sinclaire in SiN Gold, for only $9.99 on GOG.com!
Kabus: It would be great to adding Episode: Emergence as bonus content.
Not likely, as it was made on the Source Engine, and you know how possessive Valve is about their own creations...

Anyway nice to see it here even I already got it on Steam several months ago (and yes it does indeed come with a purchase of the SiN Episode and also includes a multiplayer version with it, which isn't advertised anywhere on the page for god knows why), though I'm not sure if my copy includes Wages of Sin. Is that expansion any good/worth double-dipping for?
TheOperaGhost: Try renaming sin.exe to quake3.exe.

Quake, Soldier of Fortune.
Strife: I've tried the solution of the support and your advice but nothing works.
It's weird, it's like my screen was desactivated for a small time.
Hey, I've read about this in the Sin forum. Try changing the gamma value of the provided nGlide. If that doesn't work, install the latest nGlide version from http://www.zeus-software.com/ and remove the glide dlls from the game folder.

GOG support, you need to get the latest version of nGlide for this game, 0.99 that is provided is out of date.
Kabus: It would be great to adding Episode: Emergence as bonus content.
cannard: Not likely, as it was made on the Source Engine, and you know how possessive Valve is about their own creations...
Episode: Emergence is not a Valve creation, the engine is licensed and as long as Valve is paid its royalties or what-not depending on contract, they have absolutely no say at all.

Source games are also not tied to Steam in any way, so this is also not a consideration.

Just remember that Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (another Source engine game) was sold DRM free via DotEmu for a long time.
I know it's not a Valve game but there's something about the Source engine where Steam keeps it restricted to just their service. I mean, you said DotEmu used to sell Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines DRM-free. Used to being the key word. Why is it no longer there I wonder? My guess it was a situation similar to why we have Arx Fatalis here despite it being a Zenimax game through and through.

Another thing is someone here contacted the developers of The Stanley Parable, the standalone version, and another game not made by Valve, and asked if they could release it on GOG, but got a reply saying that as much as they'd love to they weren't able to due to some contractual obligations about the engine they made it with, or how it's tied up with Steam or whatever (of course it is entirely possible that The Stanley Parable is filled with references to Valve games like the free mod version was, I don't know, I've not played the standalone version, but I suppose that would be another good reason why they couldn't release it here).

Back to Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, let's think about this one for a second here - it's a game that should be a no-brainer, a slam dunk to include here. It should have been here a long time ago in fact. I mean, we already have Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption, plus GOG is on good terms with its publisher, Activision, and it would complete the Troika trilogy of games we have here (the other two being Arcanum and Temple of Elemental Evil), and it's one of the most requested/highly voted games on the community wishlist. So why isn't it here? When I found out it's a Source engine game things started to make a lot more sense. This is all purely speculation of course, but speculation with a strong foundation I think. Source is so strongly tied to what makes up Valve, their games and their identity that I have strong doubts that anything made on their engine would be allowed to be sold on a direct competitor's website.
Post edited February 01, 2014 by cannard
cannard: I know it's not a Valve game but there's something about the Source engine where Steam keeps it restricted to just their service. I mean, you said DotEmu used to sell Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines DRM-free. Used to being the key word. Why is it no longer there I wonder? My guess it was a situation similar to why we have Arx Fatalis here despite it being a Zenimax game through and through.
Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines was sold without Steam in the first place, just as Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. Source engine and Steam are not tied in any way and can work independently. Contracts with Valve, on the other hand, can state that you may only sell your game on Steam
Yeah but that was before Steam was even a thing. Now that it is things operate a lot more differently than they did. Half-Life is now entirely Valve's property where it used to be a title owned by Sierra (the only DRM back then being the disc the game was loaded on, assuming you couldn't just install the game and put away the disc for good if you wanted to). Of course with Steam now and releasing games on there contracts have to be made for every game sold there. It could be the games made on Source had stricter contractual obligations than others.
Post edited February 01, 2014 by cannard
cannard: I know it's not a Valve game but there's something about the Source engine where Steam keeps it restricted to just their service. I mean, you said DotEmu used to sell Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines DRM-free. Used to being the key word. Why is it no longer there I wonder? My guess it was a situation similar to why we have Arx Fatalis here despite it being a Zenimax game through and through.

Another thing is someone here contacted the developers of The Stanley Parable, the standalone version, and another game not made by Valve, and asked if they could release it on GOG, but got a reply saying that as much as they'd love to they weren't able to due to some contractual obligations about the engine they made it with, or how it's tied up with Steam or whatever (of course it is entirely possible that The Stanley Parable is filled with references to Valve games like the free mod version was, I don't know, I've not played the standalone version, but I suppose that would be another good reason why they couldn't release it here).

Back to Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, let's think about this one for a second here - it's a game that should be a no-brainer, a slam dunk to include here. It should have been here a long time ago in fact. I mean, we already have Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption, plus GOG is on good terms with its publisher, Activision, and it would complete the Troika trilogy of games we have here (the other two being Arcanum and Temple of Elemental Evil), and it's one of the most requested/highly voted games on the community wishlist. So why isn't it here? When I found out it's a Source engine game things started to make a lot more sense. This is all purely speculation of course, but speculation with a strong foundation I think. Source is so strongly tied to what makes up Valve, their games and their identity that I have strong doubts that anything made on their engine would be allowed to be sold on a direct competitor's website.
Personally I am waiting to pass any judgements without any evidence. To me a move such as this is not logical to put the license of an engine under contractual obligation to single distribution system.

More quick examples of source games not needing Steam is Dear Esther (DRM free through Humble), Titanfall (sold via Origin, not out yet), Hybrid (only on Xbox360) and the MMO Vindictus.
Post edited February 01, 2014 by amok
It wouldn't be logical to me either but crazier things have happened...

And I had no idea Titanfall was made on the Source engine. Interesting.

I dunno, I just don't know. There are several Source games that would be a perfect fit for GOG. Bloodlines especially, that game has pretty much everything in place to be released here, and the only reason I could conclude why it isn't here is its engine. I'd definitely love to know the "official" reasons for certain games not being here but of course GOG keeps their secrets closer to them than the ingredients to Coca Cola mixed with KFC's five herbs and spices if it were owned by the Soviet Russia.
I enjoyed the hell out of this when it came out. Sadly I lost my copy some time ago in the 90s. Gotta pick this up at some point. $10 is steep for a nostalgia run.
SIN was good game, but it had two problems

A.THe intial release was one of the buggiest releases ever;the game was almost totally unplayable out of the box.
B.It has the misfortune to open against Half Life. Sin was a good game,but Half Life was a great one. Although SIn had some fresh new ideas,it was not a game changer (no pun intended) like Half life was.
BTW I am getting annoyed that is has become "Cool" in some gaming quarters to attack Half Life. The game is as fun now as it was 15 years ago and has dated very little in game play.
tu32: SiN by Ritual Entertainment?
I hope this means GoG will get Heavy Metal F.A.K.K. 2 as well. Although I already own it.
Anything is possible;but Heavy Metal FAKK 2 was done on a licence,and that licence has almost surely expired. Problems with licences is why you don't see any Star Trek or Lord Of the RIngs games on GOG:the company that made the games no longer has the rights to use the properties.
Post edited February 01, 2014 by dudalb
Strife: I've tried the solution of the support and your advice but nothing works.
It's weird, it's like my screen was desactivated for a small time.
korell: Hey, I've read about this in the Sin forum. Try changing the gamma value of the provided nGlide. If that doesn't work, install the latest nGlide version from http://www.zeus-software.com/ and remove the glide dlls from the game folder.

GOG support, you need to get the latest version of nGlide for this game, 0.99 that is provided is out of date.
With the latest version of nGlide all is working! Thanks a lot!
Strife:
Awesome! Good to hear the hiccup has a solution. I haven't had the opportunity to try it out yet (still working on Blackguards), but I'm pumped for SIN.
korell: Hey, I've read about this in the Sin forum. Try changing the gamma value of the provided nGlide. If that doesn't work, install the latest nGlide version from http://www.zeus-software.com/ and remove the glide dlls from the game folder.

Strife: With the latest version of nGlide all is working! Thanks a lot!
Great news. As you have been in contact with GOG support for this, tell them the solution. They really should look at getting nGlide 1.02 bundled with the game instead of the old 0.99 version.
Thinking of buying this, can anyone confirm if this solution here works for widescreen:
http://www.wsgf.org/dr/sin/en
Crosmando: Thinking of buying this, can anyone confirm if this solution here works for widescreen:
http://www.wsgf.org/dr/sin/en
It has nGlide so I think you can use a widescreen resolution using that instead. That said, I have seen someone post a widescreen fix from WSGF that does work, but you have to use the OpenGL renderer instead of the 3DFX one.

http://www.gog.com/forum/sin_gold/i_dont_like_nglide_here_is_what_i_found