It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Parkan II is now available DRM-free. Get it 50% off until April 22nd, 10pm UTC.

Parkan II is an original concept game that will allow you to feel as a pilot of a spacecraft lost somewhere in the universe. The players are to explore hundreds of solar systems, take part in a series of fierce battles and meet a new enemy - a mysterious creature calling itself Gegemaunt. Become a pirate or mercenary, get money to buy the most powerful cruiser and show them all who is to be the new master of the galaxy. Unforgettable adventures in the Parkan II universe await you!
IronArcturus: Is this game similar to Freelancer?
If only a bit similar. It has other set of mechanics and features, but you can still buy ships and customise them. But there are not much of them. And there are faction relations and such. I would say it's a bit more simple space sim wise, but also has on foot traversal and battles, among other things. Also, only first person perspective, if you are interested in that.
Chiteki: If only a bit similar. It has other set of mechanics and features, but you can still buy ships and customise them. But there are not much of them. And there are faction relations and such. I would say it's a bit more simple space sim wise, but also has on foot traversal and battles, among other things. Also, only first person perspective, if you are interested in that.
Does Parkan II work with an Xbox 360 controller?
IronArcturus: Does Parkan II work with an Xbox 360 controller?
Have absolutely zero idea, never tried it. I don't think it was created with controllers in mind.
Have some problems with game restarting my pc when she says fire at the start of tutorial.

Now otherwise the game seems to run and all on win xp sp3.
If i turn off sound hardware acceleration the ai or whatever it is in the tutorial doesn't even show up and the game just crashes without restarting pc.
Seems to be a sound issue i believe. In the game folder there is a start exe, i changed some options there and it didn't help. Only thing i didn't try changing is v-synch voice sound 3d effects

Have Realtek HD audio output, don't know if i need to update something here.Think i am also using some codecs from k-lite codec pack from 2017.
From all the games i have installed this is the first game that gives me this problem.
My pc specs:
Amd athlon(tm) 64 x2 dual core processor 3800+ 2.01ghz, 1gb ram and integrated graphic chip geforce nvidia 6150 nnforce430 256mb

Disabled voices still restarts my pc. True reason for this unknown.
Post edited April 15, 2019 by Fonzer
Chiteki: Have absolutely zero idea, never tried it. I don't think it was created with controllers in mind.
Does the game have any randomization?
Fonzer: Think i am also using some codecs from k-lite codec pack from 2017.
Do yourself a big favour and remove those completely as they cause problems in several games.
IronArcturus: Does the game have any randomization?
Basically, everything but the main narrative is randomized (even some parts of it is also randomized, e.g. location of Wanderer). But it's so basic it has little relevance. All in the game consists of basic modules, like space base, land base and so on. Their location in star map can be completely randomized with each playthrough, but they recycle same few looks and compositions. All items on sale and ships you board are also randomized, as well as all side objectives.
Post edited April 15, 2019 by Chiteki
Fonzer: Think i am also using some codecs from k-lite codec pack from 2017.
Themken: Do yourself a big favour and remove those completely as they cause problems in several games.
Removed it, but then installed combined community codecs package happens the same to the game as i mentioned before.
I do need a codecs package. Or otherwise some games become unplayable like morrowind. Like i said first game that has restarting pc issues without a log of error.
Fonzer:
I found that installing VLC Player fixed all that for me and they keep updating that.
Oh this is just awesome. I've have been wanting to play this again. Now I can buy it without having to give Valve a freakin' dime!
Fonzer:
Themken: I found that installing VLC Player fixed all that for me and they keep updating that.
Isn't vlc media played inbedeed with codecs and only works in it's player?
Codecs packs somehow work on games too. And k-lite was preffered for trails in the sky game.
Anyway it didn't crash anymore, I update the realtek hd audio for my os. Still need to test more but i am out of time. Going to sleep.
Edit: yup i just tested it more and it really doesn't restart my pc anymore since updating the sound drivers.
Post edited April 17, 2019 by Fonzer
Chiteki: Basically, everything but the main narrative is randomized (even some parts of it is also randomized, e.g. location of Wanderer). But it's so basic it has little relevance. All in the game consists of basic modules, like space base, land base and so on. Their location in star map can be completely randomized with each playthrough, but they recycle same few looks and compositions. All items on sale and ships you board are also randomized, as well as all side objectives.
Thanks for the info!
When did Parkan I release on GOG?
ryuken3k: When did Parkan I release on GOG?
June 28, 2016
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_parkan_the_imperial_chronicles_bb047
Post edited April 16, 2019 by Gengar78
Man I was wondering why the other two were on sale then found out that this finally came to Gog. I awkwardly played this one before the first two.