It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Do androids dream of taking over the stars?

<span class="bold">Parkan: The Imperial Chronicles</span>, an intoxicating blend of space simulation with first-person action, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com.

Parkan means "boomerang" and it happens to be the name of the spaceship you're riding. Rather fitting name for a vessel tasked with a rescue mission that backfired so spectacularly. But you're not one to give up so easily. Stranded on a network of war-ravaged planets being mined for resources by several mechanical tribes, you will immediately start planning on how to make the most of your unique situation. You can trade with these robotic people, colonize planets, intercept shipments, and fight for your place in this strange part of the galaxy. When not exploring space or breaking orbital defences aboard your Parkan, you will take a more hands-on approach and shoot your way through hostile locations in first-person. For sometimes, this is the only way to obtain the information or items necessary in order to take the upper hand.

Work with or against the seven robotic clans that rule this corner of the galaxy in <span class="bold">Parkan: The Imperial Chronicles</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
viperfdl: If it is as buggy and boring as the second part I wouldn't want it even as a gift...
Exactly. Another "BOG" I'd say. Parkan II is one of the most boring and shittiest games I've ever played, honestly.
Can't tell for this one but I personally will steer clear of the Parkan games.
viperfdl: If it is as buggy and boring as the second part I wouldn't want it even as a gift...
gamefood: Exactly. Another "BOG" I'd say. Parkan II is one of the most boring and shittiest games I've ever played, honestly.
Parkan is one of my all-time favourites, though it's certainly not for everyone. I love the free-form gameplay and desolate feel the first one emits (this was a bit lost in the sequel imo). Also found the UI pretty neat. It feels very different from Privateer or Freelancer, however. More like a space adventure than a combat and trading sim.

I don't know which version of the sequel you played, though I found version 1.3b to be pretty enjoyable.
Problem is that the German version (which had Starforce to boot) was only ever patched to 1.3, whereas my English retail disc is at version 1.2E and never received a patch from what I know.

Incidentally, Parkan 2 (fully patched to 1.3b) is currently on sale over at Gamersgate for only €1. Might be worth a look for those on the fence about the series.
gamefood: Parkan II is one of the most boring and shittiest games I've ever played, honestly.
;(
I kinda liked it. A lot (?).
Huge issues with this one, so cheesy and laughable at some parts but, damn, I liked it.
Well, some dig movies like Gremlins 2, man. Let me enjoy my Parkan II! Kiddin' bro ;P

But in seriousness now, Parkan I looks quite nice.
Great value, it seems, and I'd love to give it a go pretty soon ;)
gamefood: Parkan II is one of the most boring and shittiest games I've ever played, honestly.
vicklemos: ;(
I kinda liked it. A lot (?).
Huge issues with this one, so cheesy and laughable at some parts but, damn, I liked it.
Well, some dig movies like Gremlins 2, man. Let me enjoy my Parkan II! Kiddin' bro ;P

But in seriousness now, Parkan I looks quite nice.
Great value, it seems, and I'd love to give it a go pretty soon ;)
Just my opinion, I didn't want to offend anyone. Don't let take anyone your fun away. :)

I guess I have some games too amongst my favorites that would bore you and / or other people... Hmmm what about Ufo: Aftermath? (I play it these days again, it's a X-Com rip-off but I like it much)
gamefood: Exactly. Another "BOG" I'd say. Parkan II is one of the most boring and shittiest games I've ever played, honestly.
LVEB: Parkan is one of my all-time favourites, though it's certainly not for everyone.
Here's the proof (again) that there's no accounting for taste. Like I wrote to vicklemos, don't feel offended and have a good time with the games you like; life's short. I'll never play the Parkan series again. :)
Post edited July 07, 2016 by gamefood
gamefood: Just my opinion, I didn't want to offend anyone. Don't let take anyone your fun away. :)
Hey my german pal, you didn't offend me, man!! :P
Haha I actually laughed a lot with your comment, no joke.

Oh btw been playing some Parkan II again in here ;D
Laughable cutscenes, my lord!